Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It really wasn't a major change, from 4.1.5 to 4.2.0, the change we did awhile back from 3.8 to 4.1 was much bigger.

But really, the reason to upgrade software is for security. Hundreds of bug or vulnerability fixes are included in each update.
    Understandable.
    But is it possible to do that without changing the format especially when it works well?

What do you mean by format?

If you mean the sidebar on the homepage, that isn't endemic to this update, it was a preexisting feature I had never turned on. I thought it'd help find content. It seems to work on other sites, something will catch your eye and draw you in to participate in a thread you might not have otherwise.

This change didn't have many visual formatting changes, but understand it is all inclusive. The upgrade isn't ala carte, you get everything the developer added to the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Opinions on new forum homepage sidebar? The idea is to make it easier to discover new content.
    I haven't fully explored it yet, but so far I like it. I see it as very useful when logging on, and it is easily hidden if it becomes bothersome or after it is viewed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel