Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Survival Website?

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Crash,
    You could be correct...Google probably brought me here...I don't think that there's anything wrong with this place...I was just asking a qusetion...Funny that all these military defender of the Constitution types get bent out of shape when you ask a question....I thought the constitution covered questions....
    ahem...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Are you ever going to actually ask something you want to know, or are you going to continue trolling all night?
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams
    Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.

Banned

Theres a constitution at WSF? I dont remember signing anything when I joined.

Alpine Sapper,you have been here since Jan?? Not really long enough to be calling a member of the pack a troll!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Crash,
    You could be correct...Google probably brought me here...I don't think that there's anything wrong with this place...I was just asking a qusetion...Funny that all these military defender of the Constitution types get bent out of shape when you ask a question....I thought the constitution covered questions....
    But not to insult us. I am done feeding the troll, he is all youras folk, all he is looking for is attention and an argujment i AM DONE WITH THE TIMBER CRUISER FROM RI
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Alpine Sapper,you have been here since Jan?? Not really long enough to be calling a member of the pack a troll!
    Sorry, Nell, but I call'em as I see'em. You can kill my account if you want. whatever. but I stand by the post.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

Swampdonkey,

I've been looking for the same sight you're are in your original post for quites some time. There are good sites out there and there are some 'really' stupid ones. Yes every one that I have checked out will have your "SHTF" and "TEOTWAWNOI" posts, just don't read them.

This forum does have alot of good information, and some pretty silly information as well, just kick back and take the part you need home with you.

No the information I've found on this or any other website has lightened my pack by 20 lbs., but they do help you leave alot of stuff at home that you used to carry 'cause you had to'.

I don't know how it is cruising timber in the NE, but I've done a little out here in the PNW. If you get caught out over night, cool, unexpected camping trip....If your seriously injured, thats a different thing. I know the guy I worked for wanted his numbers NOW and if I was gone for 3 days with out him hearing from me, you can bet someone would be out looking for you.

I hope you hang around a bit and get a chance to see the good stuff hidden under the surface of this forum....if not, I've got a list of other places to check out....you just won't find a whole lot of the stuff you're looking for in any of them.
    Last edited by Shaman; 03-09-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Alpine Sapper...refer to post #1...

Nell67... thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Sorry, Nell, but I call'em as I see'em. You can kill my account if you want. whatever. but I stand by the post.
    LOL,I cannot kill your account,he asked a question,that does not make him a troll.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Crash,
    That's not it at all. And for the record I am one of those military defender of the Constitution types that you so eloquently put it. Try looking at it this way.

Here's your first post.

I spend most of my time in the woods (work and play) and I'm looking for websites that deal with woodcraft and survival skills. I have no interest in all that end-of -the-world buy me some guns garbage. If you happen to have a recommended site, I appreciate it.

Now in that post, you say you are looking for a website that deals with woodcraft and survival skills. You also state what you are not looking for. Nell gave you a recommendation. Your response? Well here it is.

Hey Nell,
    Thanks for your reply. I wish it were true but most replies here seem to be end of the world stuff. I cruise timber in the north east and my worries involve getting stuck out in the woods. I don't give a rats *** which military unit you've been in or where you've been. That appears to be all anyone cares about at this site.

Now here, you indicate that you are unhappy with the stuff that you've been reading. Then you go on to insult a large group of people that may disagree with your assessment of various military units. How do you expect people to respond?

You have received some responses that would appear to be helpful, such as doing a search on the topic that you are interested in. If you find one, post on it. It then moves to the front of the list and, viola, discussion. Hopeak and Sam also gave you sage advice, but you chose to insult again with your "twenty usless responses" comment.

People here are interested in the topics that you are interested in. There might just be a little better way to get the discussion going.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

LOL,I cannot kill your account,he asked a question,that does not make him a troll.
    Nah, asking a question doesn't make him a troll. Asking an inflammatory question with no real relavance does.

"Alpine Sapper,you have been here since Jan?? Not really long enough to be calling a member of the pack a troll!"

So what does it take to be "a member of the pack" exactly?

"Alpine Sapper...refer to post #1..."

No thanks swampyankee, I've read it. Wasn't worth it the first time.
    Samuel Adams

I just looked back at my posts in this thread and can't figure out how some have there britches in a knot. If it bothers you that much post it here in public,or PM me in private, but either way stop the ****ing whining.

I just did.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine_Sapper View Post
    Nah, asking a question doesn't make him a troll. Asking an inflammatory question with no real relavance does.

"Alpine Sapper,you have been here since Jan?? Not really long enough to be calling a member of the pack a troll!"

So what does it take to be "a member of the pack" exactly?

"Alpine Sapper...refer to post #1..."

No thanks swampyankee, I've read it. Wasn't worth it the first time.
    You joined the site,you are a member of the pack,and this is his first post,how is this inflammatory??

"I spend most of my time in the woods (work and play) and I'm looking for websites that deal with woodcraft and survival skills. I have no interest in all that end-of -the-world buy me some guns garbage. If you happen to have a recommended site, I appreciate it."

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

You all win...I'm done..I realley only wanted to ask an honest question....

I just looked back at my posts in this thread and can't figure out how some have there britches in a knot. If it bothers you that much post it here in public,or PM me in private, but either way stop the ****ing whining.
    Well then, I want you to know that I defended your right to say what you want. I don't know how to help you find what you want. I will say that the merry go round we are all on is making me dizzy. So lets ALL take a step back, and start over. If you think being in the service and all that entails is a load of crap then that is your right. Just try to be polite about it. Most of us are trying to be polite to you. So please ask something we can post about. I am with hopeak on the woods cruising thing. Please explain it to us.

You joined the site,you are a member of the pack,and this is his first post,how is this inflammatory??

"I spend most of my time in the woods (work and play) and I'm looking for websites that deal with woodcraft and survival skills. I have no interest in all that end-of -the-world buy me some guns garbage. If you happen to have a recommended site, I appreciate it."

It wasn't that post, it was this one:

"Hey Nell,
    Thanks for your reply. I wish it were true but most replies here seem to be end of the world stuff. I cruise timber in the north east and my worries involve getting stuck out in the woods. I don't give a rats *** which military unit you've been in or where you've been. That appears to be all anyone cares about at this site."

Yeah, I talk about some of my military service, but overall I'm here because I like to absorb information that may be useful and put it into practical application when I can. I've found a wealth of information here, and a lot of people who have quite a bit of experience and are not unwilling to share it. I'm sorry he can't locate the search button, and feels the need to call out members like it's the OK corral.

I do appreciate your peacekeeping efforts though, so I'm gonna respectfully bow out of the thread.
    Samuel Adams

Swampyankee,I replied to your pm with what your asked for in your first post,I still believe this is the best site for wilderness survival,sometimes it does go a little off track.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Son, if you have spent all your life working and playing in the woods and ain't learned anything on your own by now I don't see how you are breathing. You were probably in three cornered pants when I was in the woods but I can still learn a lot and maybe help somebody else. I will be glad to try and answer any question. My backyard is a few hundred acres and I enjoy every foot of them. You want to know something specific, ask. Probably men on here that have stepped over more knowledgeable than you on their way to take a leak, MY OPINION ONLY

Default We are still waiting for you.

Hey Swampyankee, we are still waiting for you to post questions and ideas with us. So hows about it?

Awww shucks everybody. Let's just let it go. Goodnight all - past my bedtime.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel