Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wheeled hand cart

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I can't see the benefit of a cart in a bug out situation...at least not for me.
    It doesn't allow you to fly under the radar and manoeuvre through crowds quickly. And sooner or later, someone will try to take it away from you.
    I guess Mr. B better not break a leg.

I agree with several other guys that like the game cart to haul out game animals. I use mine to pack into wilderness areas, and pack out game when I get it. You can haul more than a backpack by a long ways, my tires are solid, so don't have to worry about flats out in the boonies. It works great getting supplies into my hidden shelter.

Rebel, those are some very nice carts. They're not junk that's going to fall apart. I like the extra basket in the one. With only a single rope behind your neck, over the shoulders and tied to the handles you would have a functional harness. With two men on the four handles, you could almost climb over rocks and logs. With rope tied accross, I think you could even sleep on top of the one with the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    Whats your plan in that given situation? Get a jump on the tree bark recipes or die when the front reaches your house.

You have to believe that will happen before you actually plan for it. Economic collapse isn't on my radar. Roving hordes aren't on my radar. Tin foil hats aren't on my radar either.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You have to believe that will happen before you actually plan for it. Economic collapse isn't on my radar. Roving hordes aren't on my radar. Tin foil hats aren't on my radar either. [/COLOR]
    That's how I feel.
    But supposing it was on my radar AND I had advanced notice, I wouldn't be using a cart to get out. I'd get a plane ticket.
    Without advanced notice you'd be pulling the cart with the hordes. Or you'd stand out like a sore thumb pulling it when nothing's going on.
    Or maybe I'm just over thinking it.

master_NT045.jpgjp your talking about a cart that can be bought at any feed store
    Last edited by old2531; 02-28-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: adding image