Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why preppers will perish!

Default Why preppers will perish!

I don't agree with this guy totally, but he does have a point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVodl...ayer_embedded#!

I don't necessarily agree, yes, he has an opinion.......interesting point of view.
    Two people may agree....add a third, or more, and group dynamics start taking over, along with every thing else that has happened?/will happen?is happening?.....
    Like anyone else, he wants to run the show......at least that's my take.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

All of life revolves around power and control issues.

He can not get past the zombie apocolipse senerio and face the need for everyday contingencies and natural disaster preps.

This guy is more worried about preserving community and extended family than survival.

If he can not save everyone there is no sense in saving anyone? Espically if you are not in charge.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 10-14-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That is what a MAG(Mutual Assistance Group) is for. My MAG consists of friends and neighbors. Most of us have made preps for a year some don't quite have a years worth.
    I know what hunts you.

I really don't know what to say...
    I can get everything out of the man cave in 15 minutes or so, if I have that long.
    I know this land around here like the back of my hand. I can disappear, for awhile.
    If its that bad, I may not have a give-a-**** quotient high enough to spur mysepf into action.
    Oh, my MAG...last couple will be in Colo NLT DEC 1. No, this is not about BOLs; its about jobs...it really did happen all at once.
    So, I camped for 5 weeks once...once. Once.
    I sure hope that they get the lights back on quicker than that, and I hope I don't run into that guy and his family.
    Resistance is futile...I will be assimilated.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

If I am following this guy right, he has a family of 50 people between the ages of 13 and 30, plus those above or below that age, but he hasn't bought food, though if he had a million dollars he might shop at the Muslim food bank.

Welcome to the " I'm in charge and am a legend in my own mind senario" survival in my mind is about options and flexibility,knowledge, mental prepardeness,focus. Heavy preppers won't keep everything in one location and most have bug out routes with caches of supplies. I always get a grin of folks that will tell folks how to prep and survival rather than learn from each other. I for one have learned vauable info from forums, books, and people in general.
    Semper Paratus

It is obvious that he plans on taking what he needs, and I wonder what he is going to do when all of his peeps have been taken out!

I think there will be groups like the video talks about, however what he does not consider in the video is just how hard it will be to maintain them over time. whoever the leader of such a group is will struggle to stay in control fighting off his own people for control of the group. It would not take too many failures before challengers from within try to take over. These groups will tear themselves apart over internal politics and lack of food and water. Think about how many supplies it would take to feed 100 people every day. Most of these groups will fall apart, it is the few groups that are successful that we need to worry about, a charismatic leader in charge of one of these groups would pose a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    It is obvious that he plans on taking what he needs, and I wonder what he is going to do when all of his peeps have been taken out!
    Yup that was my take on it. That is the type of guy we are preparing for folks......

Though this guys group will not last long. He's inviting random people off the internet to join him....... On second thought, if he gets enough dumb people to sign up.... IDK. I'm just glad he lives far away from me. We have a MAG, not 50-60, but enough.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you live in an urban or suburban area this guy might be trouble as long as the water stays good and transportation is available.

Once you leave the glow of the streetlights he is the least of your worries.

I do have one question.

How is YOUR MAG any different from HIS MAG?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Very different, our BOL has plenty of water and is somewhat secluded( more off the beaten path) . We all have preps both short and long term.
    I know what hunts you.

Well this is the kind of moron we all prep for,defend what you have and who you have with you.These guys think they will have the willpower to do what they choose but like always when the hammer drops there mindset will be radically altered especially if one goes with every hammerfall.Like they used to tell us in the Marine Corps,send a message that will invite there better sence of judgement to go pick on someone else.

Yeah he thinks his peeps will take care of everything, but they will shortly become his biggest burden. What he failed to mention is getting peeps that he can trust, and you dont get those off the internet! It is amazing how people like him thinks they have it all figured out. I have a few friends I would trust to ban with, and those can be counted on less than one hand!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

I do have one question.

How is YOUR MAG any different from HIS MAG?
    I guess the difference I see is that we are trying to prepare to take care of ourselves without the need or desire to rob others. We will not be forming a "gang" to roam the countryside stealing folks preps because we failed to secure food and the knowledge to procure it peacefully. I hope we will be self sufficient enough on the farm to sustain ourselves indefinitely. His "MAG" unit seems like a mad max biker gang waiting to happen. People like that are the reason we need a defense plan. Still working on that....

Banned

Perhaps his greatest mistake in selecting a contingency plan to steal and plunder from those who prepped (besides advertising it on you tube), is that he seriously under-estimates the desires and abilities of his intended victims to defend fortified positions in an area that he will likely know very little about. I suspect that the attrition rates will eliminate most of these thugs within just a few encounters with those people who genuinely prepared. That being said, if any of these gangs were to find success with this strategy, don't underestimate their ability to defeat your defenses.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 10-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Did this vid actually surprise anyone?........Just curious......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Did this vid actually surprise anyone?........Just curious......

Not really....

I was just thinking, there isn't anyone alive in my family that I would trust with my wallet. The LAST people that I would want anywhere near me in a survival situation are those folks.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.