Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your first home made knife

I hope y'all hang onto your first ones with the memories of making it.

Well I guess it is time to stop putting it ff and make one myself.

This isn't only my first, but my ugliest!!! Made it from a old machette I found in my basement. Scales are oak, held on with dry wall screws.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Wow Ted. How's it work?
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Works great Winter.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

IMG_20121107_223410.jpgIMG_20121107_223508.jpgIMG_20121107_223420.jpg i just made this its not finished yet but i figure it will take me a while to make the handle the blade is sterret tool low carbon steel and is about 10 inches long well i just wanted to post the pics up lol thanks for looking guys
    Last edited by ctdcb18b; 11-08-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    fixed blades : rather have one and not need it than need it an not have one!
    My Youtube Playlist

Looking good.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

thanks crash not as nice as the work you do but hmm you got way better tools than i but it was you who inspired my friend and i to make em i just had the steel leftover from school
    My Youtube Playlist

It's a heck of a lot better than my first. Look at post #7.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

they dont look that diffrent man i just dont like wraped handles lol my friend is looking into doing a fabric digi cam handle like you do in your videos and im working on kydex sheath making for mine aswell as carving my handle that i started yesterday
    but thank you crash

next one ima go all tom brown on it try a fourge a knife from a leaf spring like in the movie the hunted lol we will see
    My Youtube Playlist

image.jpgimage.jpg

This is my very first attempt at a knife made from a old file file I found in the bush near a old camp site it's very rough but I have limited tools to work with, a grinder, bench grinder, files and various sand paper plus my stone to sharpen it after hardening

Nice work.

I was out pounding a couple today. Lol, mine are still ugly. That's the way it is.

its about finished think ill tool out another handle tho not bad for a first atempt IMG_20121113_193832.jpgIMG_20121113_193839.jpg
    My Youtube Playlist

i like the knife aussie great start man ps wish i had a bench grinder and a vice would be nice to lol
    My Youtube Playlist

learning to survive

My first knife wouldn't cut too much. It was made out of a piece of wood. lol. But at the time it was all I had. I wish I still had it. I lost it in the woods.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Ok finished my first ever homemade knife from a file, handling and paracord wrap, blade hardened well and holds a amazingly good edge here is a pic image.jpgimage.jpg

The belly is obviously ****ed, but the rest looks workable.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Guys I want to start making my 2nd knife and I want to make it from another file, any recommendations on a good file to purchase fit for the purpose also the best technique to soften the steel

Quote Originally Posted by Typical-aussie View Post
    Guys I want to start making my 2nd knife and I want to make it from another file, any recommendations on a good file to purchase fit for the purpose also the best technique to soften the steel
    I Use nicholson Files And I Soften them In a Fire And Let them Sit in it till it Burns Out and There Good To Go
    My Main Tools I Use for My Knives Are (Files,Angle Grinder,1X30 HF sander,All Grits Of Sandpaper and Some Sweat to Make them Look Nice .I Also Use Grounding Wire for My Pins.
    To Fail Is to Learn from your Mistakes and Advanced off of that Failure.

Default My first homemade survival knife

[QUOTE=rebel;365150]Post a picture of your first home made knife

I made my first homemade survival knife out of a piece of scrape metal and a few files.
    blogger-image-1469218611.jpg
    Last edited by crashdive123; 08-18-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Removed link