Thread: Range Report: Ten Point Titan TL-9 Range Report

Default Range Report: Ten Point Titan TL-9 Range Report

Took my Ten Point Titan TL-9 x-bow to the range and made a short video. I highly recommend Ten Point products
    "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

#3.......and no, it only looks like it falls down at the end, lol. Steven Spielberg, I am not.

I used to hunt only with Alpine bows, but when my last one needing replacing, I looked at crossbows, as they are now legal to hunt with in Michigan. I went with a crossbow, instead of a regular bow because I came to the conclusion that a quality one-and Ten Point products are that, would have a longer usable life. I do want to get an osage orange longbow at some point in the future though.

Can you cock that brand the traditional way? If not, do you carry an extra crank for the rig?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yes, I can 'hand cock' it, and if I was in a tree stand and needed a second shot-I would. But, my reasoning is that if I use the 'winch', it cocks the exact same way every time. If you're 'hand cocking it, I don't think it's possible to do that-you're going to have the string not quite center. My reasoning, anyway.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

My Tenpoint is so accurate that I can not shoot at the same spot twice with out hitting the first arrow! As to cocking, I actually have three cranks, as I had to replace the cocking mechanism severeal years ago. My crossbow is now atleast 8 yrs old and still as good as the day I bought it. Now I have had to replace a string and bought a bow press by Tenpoint to do this. Just normal maintainence in my opinion. I alway have a couple of spare bow strings on hand and string silencers for those strings. I have the Tenpoint scope on mine.

I've ruined a few bolts doing the same thing. I have the Ten Point 3 dot red dot. 30, 40, and 50 yards-but I'm not going to take more than a 40 yard shot, I have my doubts that the bolts going to carry sufficient energy beyond that for a clean kill. My buddy had a top of the line Barnett that he finally got rid of, he had to fix something everytime he shot it.