Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing a Book post 2013

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Writing a Book post 2013

Is anyone interested in compiling a book to take advantage of the next wave in EOTWAWKI media?

Once 12-21-2012 rolls past we will need an new date for the tinfoil hat folks and I want to tap in on the market ASAP.

I have decided that selling gear, guns and ammo is not the road to riches.

I need to start the next round of parinoia so I will have control over the financial end of the situation. I can do that if I create the panic and let everyone else respond to the panic. I think I can accomplish this best with a good book promoted by a viral internet campaign and it will have to be something incredably stupid so that it can not be disproved by logic and requires no verification.

I was just reading on one of the tinfoil hat forums that they have been hearing loud booms in the night sky all over the world for the entire summer. Specualtion is either: worldwide fault movement, top secret aircraft, demolition of major parts of deserted cities or alien invasion forces blasting underground concentration camps to raise humans as food.

I really do want to get ahead of the curve this time. I was a day late and a dollar short all through the 1970-1980s era and completely lost out on the Y2K fortunes that were available.

The 2012 scare has gotten a lot of publicity but no real panic. They have not paraded enough Mayan Shamans onto the night time talk show circuit, probably due to the language gap and the fact that they hide in caves and sedom bathe.

I know I can come up with some foolish crap but I need someone to edit and spell check for me, maybe kick my butt when I spend too much time at the range and not enough time writing. I also need to get on this quickly before someone else comes up with a prediction and hijacks my income flow!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Good idea. I just am not creative enough to come up with something that would work. Maybe all the pet rocks start to hatch into sometging.

I'll get back to ya on Dec 22nd.....One thing at a time........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Ooooh I know.... Those Tamagochi things have a self destruct date and it's coming to a cinema near you soon! (any good?) Ooo Ooo an even better one.... i phones have been impregnated with radioactive particles and are irradiating owners, oh hang on, that ones already been done. Give me a mo, I'm sure I'll come up with something.
    How about Moonraker really being a true story? After all, a private company is taking supplies up to the Space Station. Could we expand on that? After all, everyone knows James Bond is real, so it has to be the truth.
    Last edited by Winnie; 10-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Of course James Bond is real.....saw him with the Queen at the opening of the Olympics.......

Ya want to read the first three chapters?

It starts with a young Mayan fellow stumbling into the info that the G8 had altered the old Mayan calendar.

While he and an Arizona Republic reporter are investigating this, a large survial supply magnate, who knew this all along, arranges to have another bogus date. Unfortunately, before he can capialize, a world-wide depression ensues.

And I get the girl...
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Please, just pick up a copy of nostradamus, find one of the unused prophetic verses and assign modern current events to it.

Here ya go:
    Stained with murder and enormous adulteries,
    Great enemy of the entire human race:
    One who will be worse than his grandfathers, uncles or fathers,
    In steel, fire, waters, bloody and inhuman.

You can assign this person as an heir of numerous individuals and it states the coming of WWIII. Now correlate that with other predictions and modern events. Maybe tie it into an impending climate shift. Have fun

No more Cheeto's. Look, it's simple. It's all about marketing, supply and demand. Start posting on forum boards (you know the ones) that Cheetos will be in short supply beginning in 2013. You can blame it on global warming that has caused dry summers and resulted in a terrible puff harvest. Then start buying up Cheetos to sell at a significant profit. Easy peasy. Oh, don't forget the Cheez Curls and Cheez Doodles. (Think Hunt Brothers)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Oh you "silver" tongued devil you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well the was supposed to be a Twinke shortage.......Must be true I saw it on the interwed.

I think you should go with one of the "if my candidate isn't elected" end of the world scenerios.

I am already in the midst of writing one, it covers a ten year span from the beginning of the event to ten years out.
    I know what hunts you.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    I am already in the midst of writing one, it covers a ten year span from the beginning of the event to ten years out.
    This is not an action/adventure novel, there are thousands of them already cluttering the shelves.

I am looking for the next book that gets people into the stores and stripping the shelves two days before the specified date.

It has to be the fear of an event that is logical enough to cause concern in some, panic in a few and many of the rest to buy an extra case of pork and beans "just in case".

Right now he Twinkie shortage is looking pertty good! I might add suspected closure of the Little Debbies plant for added motivation.

If it gets too long and covers too much ground the average prepper of zombie hunter with a 10 second attention span will never buy or read it.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You need to get on this writing, that new author I just read has alot of this covered.
    Blue Plague:The Fall.

I'm liking the Twinkie angle. We can get Jon Stewart to give it some spin time. If we still had Cronkite this would be a cinch. Have your people call my people. We'll do lunch, run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

...Not between the lines, but on the same page, and at the end of the day.....Bla, bla

In the Twinkie scenario, do I get the girl?

If you have to ask........

Quote Originally Posted by jfeatherjohn View Post
    In the Twinkie scenario, do I get the girl?
    Heres the girl you get...
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

But I fear, Kirk already hit it...

Well, she'll attract a pot of attention when she's walking the dog.