Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: calling all bow hunters

Blog Entries

Thanks Crash,need to get back into woods mode. Been to long.

I have a custom composite recurve that I love to use. I string it up with a double loop string and a quiver of broadhead arrows.

It's simple, but it gets the job done.

PSE Compound. I am pretty anal about my shot placement and I just could never get the kind of grouping I needed with anything but a compound. I want to be able to put my hand around my entire group of 5 before I feel responsible enough to make a clean kill. I've taken a few with this bow and enjoy it much more than crowded rifle season. Deer is the only animal to date I've taken with a bow, perhaps I will find a bear or moose sometime to add to the list.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I am still.......setting up for Bowfishing. Wiring the lights and building the platform is proving to be a job!
    Hey Brother, I've moved much closer to you now... we should attempt a hunt sometime, it would be nice to shake your hand and share some beer!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

I've got two recurves and a compound. One recurve is set up for bow fishing and the other is just for slinging arrows in camp.

I mainly hunt archery and mainly use my compound. The bow fishing bow is a take down. The compound is a Redhead Kronic made by Bowtech. My brother still has the Darton recurve I had when I was a kid.

BTW, my nephew used a cross bow to take his first deer yesterday morning. My dad and brother were beside him. My brother snapped this picture with his iphone.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Awesome first deer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, down here that may be the deer of a lifetime. Up there its a walk out the backdoor.

Still he was pretty pumped and my dad lives down here so how cool was it that he got to be there for his grandsons first buck.

mike the survivor

i have a mathews mq1 at 65# 28" i hunt deer and squirrel but trapping is my true passion

I use primitive bows for bow hunting whatever is in season. Wish I could try bow fishing... not legal here.
    "If you're seeking to survive in the wilderness then good gear will get you to the last 10%. Training and practice are needed for the 90%."

"If you can see smoke comin from your neighbor's chimney, your too close to your neighbor and its time to move on" - My Grandfather