Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "My farm & 40k that I can take any N. American game animal with 2 rds of .22 Hornet

It could be a Topper. My Dad had a Topper that started life as a .22 Hornet and somewhere along the way got re-chambered to a .219 Zipper. I wish I knew what happened to the gun.

Al

edit: Thinking back, it was not a Topper but, a Stevens.
    Last edited by GI Jeaux; 10-30-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I kinda surprised it stayed on point for as long as it did.....When the OP starts out with the interweb equivalent of "Yo mama ugly" or some such silliness....generally it goes sideways pretty fast....and screams Troll, troll, troll.

Guess the OP didn't want to put his money(and farm) where his mou.....typing finger is.....Oh well....was kinda fun.

BTW are you sure the .22 Hornet is a Topper?....that name was used for the shot gun offerings, although there were combo's sold in the '50 and '60,..... like 12 ga/30-30 under the Topper name still looking for one for my small collection.
    No worries, just curious......

Want to sell it?
    I have had this H&R combo since about 1976. The barrels are all marked H&R Topper Model 158. I have a 20 gauge barrel, a 30 WCF barrel, and the 22 Hornet barrel. No it is not for sale! :-) It is my "starter gun" for center fires with young people. You know, the whole you can see the hammer and know what condition the rifle/shotgun is in and also very controlled being a single shot that you actually have to cock before you shoot it. The 30 30 barrel is really very accurate and so is the 22 Hornet. I have actually shot a better 10 shot group off a bench with that rifle and iron sights at 100 yards than almost any other rifle I have ever shot.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 10-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.