Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro's and Cons of SHTF guns.

Default Pro's and Cons of SHTF guns.

I thought some of this was rather comical!

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/200...rifle-choices/

I can't believe he left off .22. It's all about shot placement.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That is funny SHTF there , lol
    9-11-01 We will never forget , So watch your backs, you know who you are.
    Member American Bladesmiths Society Apprentice Smith
    Work Smarter NOT Harder
    www.OliverKnives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I can't believe he left off .22. It's all about shot placement.
    I'm an expert in treating right hip injuries...Phx PD carried Glocks...
    Well, I did, too, but I learned to shoot high and to the right.
    At one of my "pistol classes", I was shooting next to a fellow with a Sig; by lunch time, I could fire, then turn my head and watch his slide move. Don't
    worry...while he was cleaning his pistol at lunch, I ran down and made him a sandwich.
    Well, it goes on and on...
    It's all about shot placement...
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Hahaha.... Too funny!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

That is funny!

I say choose a boomstick that is reliable and of good reputation from respectable sources. Once you make your selection......practice, practice, practice.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Every word is absolutly true.........LOL......Good stuff.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Aw crap I've got all of them....now what

That's too bad.....better send them to me, I lost all mine in the TCA, here a couple of years ago......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Well I swan. You let one guy tell a terrible story about what happened to him and suddenly EVERYONE had it happen to them. Mine is documented and verified. I did save one paddle. Just sayin'.........

I rest my case....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well I swan. You let one guy tell a terrible story about what happened to him and suddenly EVERYONE had it happen to them. Mine is documented and verified. I did save one paddle. was to short...let's

I rest my case....

That couldn't have been a 22 that took out that ship...must have been a 22 lr.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Id *love* to have an AR 15 in .308 or a G3 semi clone...

BTW Rick, sorry about your boating accident. I myself had my 4x4 roll off a mountain on the way to the range, couldnt even find the spare tire! (I did salvage the map light as a momento though...)

Andrew

shot placement is bs, for civilian self defense. The pucker factor is so severe, that half of your shots will completely miss the man, at a mere 10 yds, and most will miss his chest at 5 yds, or even less. There is nothing about a heart hit that is instantly effective, and the brain and heart are the same size. So if you CAN "place" your shots, you should be shooting for the brain. You won't, and we all know why you won't. you dont REALLy think that you can hit the heart. Well, there's nothing about a lung, spleen or liver hit that is instantly effective, either. he can stab, club or shoot you 4x per second, with each hand, and so can each of his buddies. So having your shot take effect in 3-4 seconds is nearly worthless.

We are so blessed to have such a knowledgeable person like yourself onboard. It's clear you know everything about everything and you don't bother to let facts stand in your way. For your incessant drivel, your annoying whine and your lack of common sense, we do hereby award you this week's troll award.

Quote Originally Posted by hepit View Post
    shot placement is bs, for civilian self defense. The pucker factor is so severe, that half of your shots will completely miss the man, at a mere 10 yds, and most will miss his chest at 5 yds, or even less. There is nothing about a heart hit that is instantly effective, and the brain and heart are the same size. So if you CAN "place" your shots, you should be shooting for the brain. You won't, and we all know why you won't. you dont REALLy think that you can hit the heart. Well, there's nothing about a lung, spleen or liver hit that is instantly effective, either. he can stab, club or shoot you 4x per second, with each hand, and so can each of his buddies. So having your shot take effect in 3-4 seconds is nearly worthless.
    Well, DUH! That's what sniping rifles are for. You're supposed to shoot them when they are still 1,000 yards away!
    (Mind you, with a .22 lr sniping rifle, you have to aim kind of high.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

It sort of makes you wonder how much he's tried to do 4x per second, with each hand, with a collapsed lung. He must be one wiry buckaroo.

When you're twelve years old and have been an NRA member for 34 years it makes you feel sort of invincible.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Is this not the same guy that yesterday said bad guys turn tail and run at the sight of a gun? Any gun?

At least when I flip a coin to see which side I am going to support I try to remember what I said yesterday!

And that origional link was a jewel! That should be in a sitcky and automatically launched as the first answer in any "what gun should I buy?" or "what one gun would you choose?" thread.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by hepit View Post
    Yeah Yeah we know, all you have to do is show them your Glock look alike squirt gun and they will run for cover..............right? Good luck wif dat!!

do people REALLY believe that Big Brother is going to believe some bs claim that they "lost' all their guns?