Thread: Lazy or smart?

Default Lazy or smart?

I picked up a log splitter that was on sale the other day. I had been looking for a used one for a while but they looked to be in rough shape. Anyway, I'm really pleased with it and the amount of splitting is amazing. I've started on next years supply! I had been looking and comparing the different types and models. There are many to choose from. I ended up with a huskey. Here's there site: http://huskeelogsplitter.net/

Smart....you can process a bunch of wood in a shorter amount of time...makes since to me.

As long as you still have the elbow grease tools for if you loose the ability to fuel the thing.

I hear ya, smarter as you get older.

Been lusting after a bigger one my self.......still using the little electric Harbor Freight...4 tons....and so far has just kept going....waiting for it to die, so I can get a "real" log splitter.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I split all of mine by hand, but then again - I don't heat with it....just the outside fire pit. If I lived in a cooler area I would have one. Smart doesn't mean lazy....just smart.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had a very kind neighbor who pull his splitter over. I was lazy; you are smart.
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

I was going to rent one but I would have killed myself trying to do it in a couple of days. This way I can do as much or as little as I feel like. The problem has become that I would rather split wood than get some other things done.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    I was going to rent one but I would have killed myself trying to do it in a couple of days. This way I can do as much or as little as I feel like. The problem has become that I would rather split wood than get some other things done.
    Bingo!
    The real truth comes out eventually.

Primary heat sourse at "The Place" is wood....when I cut haul, split and stack wood....It looks like "money" to me.......

i think its very smart , don't worry the new will ware off . some day . our primary heat is wood . i have been thinking of getting one of the Dr rapid fire splitters . been using my neighbors for the past few years . im real tired of not having my own , its been a while since my old one died.
    what one man can do , another man can do .

It was a trick question because I'm not smart. Lucky and blessed for sure.

My dad used to have one of those fancy wood splitters. well, until the axe handle broke and I busted up my jaw. Then I stopped doing it for a while...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I would love to have one. No splitting wood for me any more. I like the electric one that Hunter has posted. I really don't have room for a larger hydraulic one but that electric one would be handy.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

This one isn't too bulky, even counting the lug wrench:
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    This one isn't too bulky, even counting the lug wrench:
    That thing scares me to death.....so good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    My dad used to have one of those fancy wood splitters. well, until the axe handle broke and I busted up my jaw. Then I stopped doing it for a while...
    Thats known as have a "riding log splitter"......you ride the kid long enough, he'll split some of the wood, not to your spec's mind you, but sorta split......

Quote Originally Posted by Echo2 View Post
    Nice if you got the bucks....this is more my pocket book......

This is the little Harbor Freight electric in action....works better to put it in a wagon so it closer to your waist.....
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.