Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: REVOLUTION??? Realy?

It seemed derivative to me. Kind of a cross between Jericho, The Road, and Hunger Games.

I'll watch one more episode to see if it interests me enough to watch again.

S.M.

OK, clothes aside. What kind of guns were used and why so few? After 15 years can't there still be bullets? Help me out here...

I still haven't forgiven them for cancelling Jericho...
    If you always do what you've always done...
    You'll always get what you've always gotten.

No matter where you go...
    there you are.

Well, I was able to see the first episode tonight. I enjoyed the heck out of it, of course I'm a real sucker for anything that has a good sword fight in it and that was a dandy one in that show!
    It's TV....ya know fantasy, it's supposed to be fun and yes, make believe.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

dunno, the AC/DC tee shirt looked pretty new...

Man, all you guys are really fixated on the clothing aren't you? I bet it's fun watching the Academy Awards with Ya'll!

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

AC/DC will still be putting on concerts fifteen years after an Apocalypse, that's why the shirt is new.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Quote Originally Posted by pgvoutdoors View Post
    AC/DC will still be putting on concerts fifteen years after an Apocalypse, that's why the shirt is new.
    You're right about that, they'll be opening for the Rolling Stones!

roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by BLEUXDOG View Post
    OK, clothes aside. What kind of guns were used and why so few? After 15 years can't there still be bullets? Help me out here...

I still haven't forgiven them for cancelling Jericho...
    Most of the militia that were carrying guns were using black powder - very plausible. The leader had the semi-auto pistol - still plausible I think. The dictator of the area had his militia confiscate all guns (hanging offense). Much easier to control an unarmed population.

On a side note - were it not for the canoe accident - I'd still have ammunition after 15 years.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    On a side note - were it not for the canoe accident - I'd still have ammunition after 15 years.
    Yea, and my rifle will be longer than theirs and have a bayonet!

I thought there was a good deal of The Postman incorperated into the theme as well as the other sources mentioned.

One thing that was totally absent was any sense of tatical thinking and no security in any situation whatsoever. Every action was "hey-diddle-diddle right up the middle".

They need John Conner and a truck load of Hi-Points!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

What did you all think of all the flooded areas and how high some of it was? Where I live there would definitely be flooding if the dams went.

Oh and I know it's been 15 years and there has been nothing around, but what did you think of her taking water from the creek? Does anyone remember if she drank any before boiling?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Oh I loved Jericho!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Yea, and my rifle will be longer than theirs and have a bayonet!

I thought there was a good deal of The Postman incorperated into the theme as well as the other sources mentioned.

One thing that was totally absent was any sense of tatical thinking and no security in any situation whatsoever. Every action was "hey-diddle-diddle right up the middle".

They need John Conner and a truck load of Hi-Points!
    Yep - definitely see some Postman in the plot.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think with a depleted population and all of the wally worlds stocked to the gills with chinees clothes there's plenty to go around.

Jericho was good and they did not end it correctly. Jeremiah on Hulu is awesome check it out.

It kind of reminded me of a show that got pulled a few years ago (Jericho) that I enjoyed. Guess not enough people liked it.
    you can watch the series on netflix if you want some of the classics. I've went back and watched all of them again a couple of times.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Don't remind me..... I still haven't forgot you trying to stand up and turning the @#$% canoe over. I sure miss all my guns too!
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Has anyone noted that they are not simply in a pre-electricity technology?

Much of their gear is a throwback to the middle ages with very little beyond the 18th century for either the haves or have-nots.

Just think of all the technology humans had BEFORE electricity was in general distribution. Winchester was making firearms, as well as Remington, Savage and H&R, S&W and John Browning was already working on his automatic firearms designs. We had lever guns, pumps and bolt actions along with single and double action revolvers in abundance. Cartridges were being shipped out of factories by the million and entire armies were already being equipped with cartridge firing repeaters made by Mauser, Manlicher, Enfield and Lebel. Clothing factories were equipping armies of over a million during the Civl War. Shoes were being cranked out in factories. Bicycles were comming into popularity and Steam powered trains were crossing North America Europe and Asia on regular schedules. Henry Ford and Mercades sold their first automobiles to people who did not have electricity in their homes.

Many of my family members did not have ACCESS TO ELECTRICITY until the mid 1950s! There were kerosene lamps on the tables, outhouses in the back yard, food cooked on a woodstove and people with PHDs sitting at the table. Loss of electricity does not instantly spell "doom and dark ages".

I will look at this series as fantacy and entertainment without picking it to pieces. If the plot keeps my interest, the charecter development is good, if the story line and one liners remain logical and it does not turn into a conservitive or liberal political statement I will be a follower of the series.

But it ain't going to be a survival manuel in operation, so do not expect that!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Gotta agree , Krat.....It's TV, meant to entertain mainly....Not a play book.

It is too bad the major networks don't use the play it at 8:00 pm and again at 12:00AM like History or Disc......yeah , yeah...I don't have a "Hopper"....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The show has potential but I don't think it got off to a very good start. The beginning got me. Worldwide power outage.... it doesn't add up yet.