Thread: more free stuff

Default more free stuff

So we just demo'ed a job and got a couple of items out of it. It was a bathroom demo and we're keeping two good simple bowl sinks (black). Probably keeping the toilet (black as well). It works out since my great uncle passed away recently and his house needs to be renovated, so we can do at least one bathroom with recovered items. They're in good shape too since the customer basically gutted a nice bathroom to make a nicer bathroom (nice to have money)....

The item I'm most excited about though is the 3/4hp motor that came off the whirlpool tub. Kept the water pump connectors to it as well. No idea what I'm gonna do with it. Gotta look up all the specs on it first.

Last winter I also picked up an old double burner electric hotplate. The plan still is to use it to power a simple smoker since I won't have to tend a fire the entire time (thanks Alton Brown).

Free stuff is always a good deal

if I had more storage space I would keep more stuff...

Nice scores. Some people might call em crappy, but I think you done good.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well we have pulled out stuff that isn't in good shape that we could have kept at other jobs. I mean, I have tossed stuff that is better than some of what is in friends houses. I would hold onto it like I said, but getting to them out of state isn't the easiest all the time. The stuff we pulled out of this job though isn't more than 10 years old. I would say its probably less than 5yrs old. A new faucet and the sinks are tip top. Yeah, black isn't everyone's color, but since my great uncle's house is gonna become a rental, it doesn't matter.

Thinking the 3/4hp motor may make a nice belt sander though.

Motors are good. I'm always on the look out for them. One of the things that you can never have too many of......well......unless you talk to Mrs. Crash.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There are like 5 in my great uncle's basement, but most are seized. I know there are a couple also in my grandpa's garage which I haven't gotten around to checking out. I really need to take a weekend to go through all the stuff left behind when they passed. I just have nowhere to put it all, so its safe for now where it was for the last 30 years.