Thread: Best knife for the DOGMAN?

Default Best knife for the DOGMAN?

I have been saving up my money from my allowance. I now have almost $20 and I think it is time I invest in a blade. Should I get a Mora or one of those Rambo knives that would allow me to stash stuff in the handle. I will be using this knife for daily survival use, as I am planning on walking from here to Russia (via the Bering Land Bridge) in the next few weeks. Your opinions are appreciated
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Hey, Long time no see......But have I gotta a deal for you!
    Harbor Freight, about 6 bucks.....
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Should be able to do what ever you want with this.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Good to see you around Dogman.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome Dogman, if your walking to Russia, please stop by for coffee. I have missed you. How is that son of yours doing.......?

Hey crew! Good to see some familiar names. I haven't been online very much in quite awhile. However, now my summer river season is over, and its still too hot to run dogs here- so I have some time to catch up, learn a little- maybe contribute. My son is doing well. I think I might have even had another one since I last visited here. I have a second son now that is 5 months old, and my older one will turn 4 next month! Time flys doesn't it. I have had a really great past two years now, and just have had too much work to chat much. However, I am looking forward to a slow Fall and maybe getting to read over all the discussions I have missed.
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Hey Sourdough, I have missed you as well! Glad to see your still on here

Blog Entries

Well it's about time you showed up! I still have a chuckle at your little lad having his sled pulled from under his feet! I hope he can hang on properly now. Oh and congrats to you and the Mrs on baby no. 2
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Glad to see you back. Glad you've been busy and safe. Congrats on the new bambino.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I would save my money and see how much Crash wants for his new knife, darn its beautiful.

Dog don't get a hollow handle knife, it will eventually break. Get a full tang even if it is a little more money and at least you will have something you can depend on!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I think he needs that Harbor Freight model so his $20 will streach out to cover one of their $2 firesteels and an emergency blanket and a blue tarp.

He can make a conoe out of the blue tarp to get to Russia cause that land bridge flooded a while back I hear.

Good to see you are well Dogman.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Save some more money and buy a katana.. They are best for surviving the walk to Russia.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Dog don't get a hollow handle knife, it will eventually break. Get a full tang even if it is a little more money and at least you will have something you can depend on!
    Oh, I think Dogman knows a thing or two about knives. He's just having a wee bit of fun after a long absence.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I don't know. He's pretty forgetful. Remember the time he forgot where he tied the dog team? Or the time he left for the house forgetting about the client? SAR folks still talk about that one.

I vote for the katana, too. You can use it against bear you know.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, it's all about shot placement...er...I mean slice placement....you know what I mean........

So that honker from Harbor Freight isn't on the top of this list?.....man, you can even make a grappling hook out of it....not for climbing, but for getting your lawn chair out of the river, after DW gets up on a windy day.....and the chair blows in the river.....and if your "almost" (was a vid a while back...check it out)figure 8 knot slips....so what , you are only out 6 bucks.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27