Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COMPLETE Survival Question!!?? Read description. Location, Food, Seclusion, ect.

Yes, true men have balls. Football, baseball, basketball. It's the beach balls that you have to watch out for.

I don't need to face troubling problems nor do I know anyone that does. Troubling problems will find you without you looking for them. As for Mother Nature, keep this in mind...she only needs to win once, you have to win every time or game over.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Testosterone Alert!

Made some comments in red!

Quote Originally Posted by btddanger View Post
    YES thank you! This is the kind of advice and agreeable person I wanted to hear from. Based on how you worded it, correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you've something similar to my future trip?? And if you have, even if you haven't, you can probably agree that I only ask so many questions because I know I'm still young.Well....

I have to disagree with Crashdive123 on what you said about being told what I didn't want to hear, because I know the hard challenges that await me...You just "dissed" one of the most experienced members on here, way to go!

but for those of you who have gone on a trip like this, tell me that in the end you guys later regret ever choosing that decision..
    Like I said before, don't get me wrong. I still plan on coming back and later starting my own business, I do best on computers and already have a plan on where my life if headed.. (COLLEGE, WITH A PROFESSIONAL DEGREE IN COMPUTER SOFTWARE PROGRAMMING.)Mind telling me how your "college degree" prepares you for what you're about to undertake?

Trust me, if you met me in person, you'd see that I'm a smart kid....Probably not...

and I sure as 'heck' don't want to end up dead.....Hmmm...

But for those of you who don't understand, this is something I MUST do in my life.. and RICK, haha you should add me. Since you're an Administrator, you're always on this website. I want to message you when I do leave for my trip and when I get back, I want to tell you all about Siberia!!Be sure and tell us how the Soviets treated you when you invaded their country!

'Heck'.. what's a true man without balls. Men have to face troubling problems and overcome them with an iron fist. I don't mean for it to be a goal of mine, but when I'm out there, and a wolf or some kinda animal wants to fight me.... And now you just put down every female member on here! Most of who have more survival knowledge in their big toe than you have altogether!

Since I was a kid, I always had low self esteem. Now, I learned to overcome my confidence, and the depression I was diagnosed with since I was 16 after my mom passed away.So now we see the real reason you're doing this!

SO FOR ALL YOU WHO SAY IT'S A DUMB IDEA... you're right. Buuuut, you're wrong in the fact that I am grown up. Grown up is one thing, however being realistic, mature, wise...well....

(kyratshooter)
    , I am facing reality and I do have friends, you're probably the one without any.You just insulted the 2nd best survivor member on here, way to go! And he has a lot of friends, BTW!

Anyways, Thanks again RICK and ya gotta keep in touch with me cuz even when I get back, I'm going to tell you how much I loved Siberia and its Freezing cold weather! But I choose to endure it and to make my own survival.
    I'm not crazy by saying this but from one man to several, I guess you could say that the only reason living in the wild is hard, is cuz Mother Nature tests your witiness and cunningness to outsmart any dangers that face you. (just thought of that)No, Mother Nature is just that...nature! As soon as you disrespect her, you're dead!

Only the true men will face their fears and dangers with confidence. Then there are the stupid ones who choose to live the rest of there life as a loser. And you're not? Hmmm...

Not saying mountain men are stupid. Some probably have more knowledge than you and I together.. But if you are only going into the wilderness with good intentions, then its okay in my opinion.And what qualifies your's as an "expert" opinion?
    Once again, Please post more suggestions and tips/secrets you guys!!! That way I can keep doing my homework on those areas.I'll pass, thanks!

thank you again Rick
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Papua New Guinea, relatively safe and an experience of a lifetime. I don't think we've clear cut it all yet. Even if we did, it grows back fast. I think most of the cannibals are tamed. IIRC, they only eat dead people.

The mountain range between Guatamala and Nicaragua. Fly into the capitol of of Guatamala, go pick up your AK-47, convert your money and hire a reputable guide to get you on the right trail. Tell him you are a forestry advisor for blahblahblah. Halfway up the mountain pay him well, enough to keep his mouth shut and his family fed and clothed until you are home safe.

Get far away from the trail, stay off the trails and practice Leave No Trace backwoods skills. Avoid humans at all costs, even those who're speaking English. It's an adventure of a lifetime!

Perhaps enjoy the beachbum experience on Saipan, an American Territory. Tropical Paradise! White sandy beaches, beautiful blue Pacific, beautiful women. Get a job and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I am shocked that people actually have the same or similar dream as me. I just want to say good luck to you and I hope you find a way to achieve your quest.

In reality, nearly the only way you can survive in such a harsh climate is by taking survival classes and train all you can.

You will definitively need to build a log cabin. So best way to go is next summer, where building a cabin wouldn't be so cold and it'd be easier instead of building it in winter or fall.

EDIT: Try searching the series called

1.) "Frontier House" from the PBS channel.

Some other shows that COULD help you learn something you already didn't know:

2.) "Mountain Men"

3.) "Man vs. Wild"

4.) "Dual Survival"

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by Aℓкℓιηєѕ; 09-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Fellas, you can't fix stupid!

Everyone knows the answer to all his questions is, 42.

Just wish him luck and send him on his way.

Yea, good luck with that!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 09-09-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

You guys have no sense of adventure. The only way to know if you can do something is to DO it.
    You don't know it from reading a book or watching TV. You shouldn't grow old and wish you woulda' done it when you were still young enough to try. How else are you going to get great stories to tell your grandkids?

Most people are smart enough to know they're over their heads by time they're 60 yards off the pavement.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple Plum View Post
    You guys have no sense of adventure. The only way to know if you can do something is to DO it.
    You don't know it from reading a book or watching TV. You shouldn't grow old and wish you woulda' done it when you were still young enough to try. How else are you going to get great stories to tell your grandkids?

Most people are smart enough to know they're over their heads by time they're 60 yards off the pavement.

Plus One......

You should learn your skills by going out and doing stuff. Watching television is meant for entertainment, it's not a how to guide. Practice your survival skills in a real setting with a safety net before you wander off to Siberia for a year. Reading books, watching TV, and searching the internet may give you ideas, but experience will give you the skills.

Oh, running away to the wilderness won't solve your personal problems but hey, " good luck with that "
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Clearly you know everything, and have thought out every possible bad situation , so why are you here asking. Go out and do it, i'll be here prepping your Darwin Award.

Good luck with that.

Please allow me to make a few suggestions from my own experience. It has been a long time since I was 18, but I understand the desire to get out and see new places and to test myself. I am no "wilderness survival expert" but have learned some useful skills by doing some of the following:

1. Learned to swim and SCUBA dive
    2. Went hiking and camping with the Sierra Club and other groups
    3. Took a summer job for two seasons in SE Alaska with a US goverment agency in the national forest, in a roadless area
    4. Joined the Peace Corps as a schoolteacher and lived with a local family, participating in their subsistence lifestyle in the Pacific Islands
    5. Continued to work outside the USA as a teacher while traveling in some remote areas

These experiences, or others like them, might be useful to you. I have never served in the military but that is another option. You might find other useful training opportunities through volunteer organizations and job searches if you are willing to adapt and be flexible. Please keep trying.
    Faiaoga ("schoolteacher" in Samoan)

I prefer incomplete survival. That way, should I fail I'll only be

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Banned

I suggest a heavy reading dosage of John Stuart Mill, Charles Dickens and Broadway Lane James before any outdoor adventure. Sounds like you are an adventurous fellow. Good luck sir!

Blog Entries

Cool Ok....

Quote Originally Posted by canid View Post
    I prefer incomplete survival. That way, should I fail I'll only be

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    MOSTLY DEAD! YEAH!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin