Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The art of bartering, no set rules.

That sounds like a good plan bro, and I'll be right behind you kicking you up if you happen to slide. I know you won't.

190 mph huh? Right. I'll bet you don't even wear a helmet at that speed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    190 mph huh? Right. I'll bet you don't even wear a helmet at that speed.
    Well there is where you are wrong! I wear full kevlar padded gear, full face helmet, boots designed for racing, and gloves with kevlar knuckles. I can slide down the track at 100 mph and not get road rash!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Well there is where you are wrong! I wear full kevlar padded gear, full face helmet, boots designed for racing, and gloves with kevlar knuckles. I can slide down the track at 100 mph and not get road rash!
    But it's not the speed that kills you....

it's the sudden stop!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Having been in two motorcycle crashes in my life - while the road rash is bad, all of the broken bones were a bit uncomfortable too.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you're going to run anything at 190 mph then safety gear is sort of an oxymoron. I chose that word very careful for it's symbolism by the way.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well there is risk in everything you do, and I refuse to let fear keep me from doing things I love to do. I dont fear death, as much as I fear getting old and looking back at all the things I wish I had done, and never had the courage to do them.
    I have been riding since I was 10 years old, and have never been seriously hurt on a motorcycle, but if it happens, I feel like I have been luckier than most already. My family use to take bets that I would never live past 20 years old and I fooled them.
    But now that I am getting older, Iam much more cautious that I use to be. I only go fast on the perfect roads, and actually ride the road back and forth a couple of times to make sure there are no obstructions that would cause a wreck, or pot holes etc.
    I do a full checkout on my bike before hand to assure it is in top shape, and if I get a bad feeling about anything I don't open her up. In my earlier years I was not near that cautious so I guess I am finally growing up at 50 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If you're going to run anything at 190 mph then safety gear is sort of an oxymoron. I chose that word very careful for it's symbolism by the way.
    Yeah thanks Rick, insult acknowledged!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Well there is risk in everything you do, and I refuse to let fear keep me from doing things I love to do. I dont fear death, as much as I fear getting old and looking back at all the things I wish I had done, and never had the courage to do them.
    I have been riding since I was 10 years old, and have never been seriously hurt on a motorcycle, but if it happens, I feel like I have been luckier than most already. My family use to take bets that I would never live past 20 years old and I fooled them.
    But now that I am getting older, Iam much more cautious that I use to be. I only go fast on the perfect roads, and actually ride the road back and forth a couple of times to make sure there are no obstructions that would cause a wreck, or pot holes etc.
    I do a full checkout on my bike before hand to assure it is in top shape, and if I get a bad feeling about anything I don't open her up. In my earlier years I was not near that cautious so I guess I am finally growing up at 50 years old
    I think it's just you figure out that the older you get...... recovery time is longer......Growing up will never happen.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27