Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo hoarders

Default Ammo hoarders

Well I remember when Obama got in office after the last presidential election, and many types of ammo became unavailable. People were convinced that ammo was going to be taken off the market. I remember talking to a guy in one of the large outdoor sporting stores, and he actually knew people that had rental storage units full of ammo, just because we had a new president. So from what I hear, it is already starting again.
    Do people really think that a new president can actually just stop the sales of ammunition? Are a lot of gun owners just paranoid, or am I missing something here? I also heard that the SSA ordered 170,000 rounds of .357 Sig, now that is weird!

Yep! Ever heard of an executive order? This x has shown that he will side step congress. There is nothing he can do that would suprise me. Do NOT trust this x. If you want it get it.

Let's not get into politics. It's verbotin and for good reason.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Not a problem

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Ever heard of the Emancipation Proclaimation? Yep, that was an executive order!

All politics aside, and not promoting or downgrading any politician or party, the executive order can be used to control something already under executive administration authority. ATFE is part of the administrative branch.

They set regulations (not laws) and intrepret those regulations, such as how to measure barrel length, whether a firearm with a 10 inch barrel a foreward grip and no shoulder stock is legal and how where, when and how much ammo can be transported. Then they enforce those regulations as if they were laws.

They sure can tell me how much Black Powder I can have and store, why not how much modern ammo I can store?

It's not politics, its government operation.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I still think it marketing, raise the price.....Get yours now, before Something happens....never know...might be a shortage.....You know.
    Can the the next great primer shortage be far behind?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned
    Blog Entries

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this. This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsman. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters. Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The "Freedom Group" has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research.

A storage unit full of ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    A storage unit full of ammo?
    Oh that sounds like a SHTF event waiting to happen.

everybody should have at least 15 to 20 rounds on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this. This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsman. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters. Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The "Freedom Group" has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians. What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research.
    While I haven't dug too deeply into it yet, there may be some misinformation out there on this. According to Snopes, George Soros is not involved with Cerberus. In the link provided there is a quote from the NRA. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Appears to be a false rumor. Never hurts to have a reasonable amount of ammo though.

This rumor was actually in an E-mail I had recieved recently....But at the time, I considered the sourse, SIL,...... , know for every off the wall, piece of interweb trash that comes along......so discounted it at the time.

Banned

There's an old saying about a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush. Do I think I'll need a storage unit full of ammo? I doubt it, so I'm not attempting to aquire it in those kinds of quantities. But with the printing presses working overtime to "fund" our federal deficit spending, anything you can buy now and put away will likely earn you a greater return than any CD or Municipal Bond, provided you have the reasonable expectation of using or needing it in your lifetime. We will, at some point, experience significantly higher inflation numbers because of the recent expansions in the money supply. The effects of Quantitative Easings I & II haven't been fully realized in our markets. This has not fully taken place yet because of artificial market manipulation. But sooner or later it will happen. Now there is even some discussion of a QEIII?
    Ammunition could prove a better investment than precious metals if there really is a concerted effort to limit its availability. I'm not yet convinced, so I'm not making that bet. I'll get what I think I can reasonably use and leave some for the next guy.
    Last edited by Cast-Iron; 08-30-2012 at 03:41 AM.

it dont eat anything or will go bad if stored right so you might as well have it around

Precious metals,...... brass and lead.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    While I haven't dug too deeply into it yet, there may be some misinformation out there on this. According to Snopes, George Soros is not involved with Cerberus. In the link provided there is a quote from the NRA. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp
    Thanks.....

Well I have all I need, and buy a little more from time to time, but I find it hard to beleive that ammo sales could just be stopped abrubtly. If the sales of ammo was stopped, just think of all the black market opportunities that would create. There are a lot of people that would make a living selling handloaded ammo! And I think the government knows what would happen, so I think it would take a long time for them to make that decision.

The sale of ammo might be a little hard to stop, but they could tax it to death!!!
    For those who fight for it, Life has a special flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine

Quote Originally Posted by SpecWar View Post
    The sale of ammo might be a little hard to stop, but they could tax it to death!!!
    Now that would not surprise me!