Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cowboy has a real Texas Longhorn Bull!

I haven't been on for awhile so just saw the new bull, Cowboy. Neighbor has a small herd of these beasties but his are all a rusty red and white. Some of them have a serious set of horns though. From what I have seen of his they tend to be pretty easy going. Even his bull. Btw yours has one nice looking hide. As far as a name, how about Cowboys First? First for short.

Oldtrap
    Last edited by oldtrap59; 09-19-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

I would suggest the name "Maximus Corniger."
    It is a Latin phrase I came up with. "Maximus" being the greatest superlative for "big" or in this case, the word's alternative translation of "long". So essentially it means "Longest". "Corniger" on the other hand has the word "Corn" in it, which of course adds to the farm-ish value of the name. The meaning of "Corniger" (as if no one saw this coming ) is "Horn".

To summarize, it means "Longest Horn" in Latin.
    ~ Stercus Accidit ~
    (Latin for "S*** Happens")

You also mentioned that this here longhorn is saddle broken. Have you considered using it as if it were a competition horse? I once heard of a cow that exists out somewhere in Denmark or some country close to it that could jump over 3 foot high fences! Although training a longhorn to do that might be dangerous... If you go through an 8 foot wide jump with 6 foot wide horns and are off center by even a little more than a foot, the jump might topple over!
    ~ Stercus Accidit ~
    (Latin for "S*** Happens")