Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboy has a real Texas Longhorn Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by wtrfwlr View Post
    Oh I don't know Delta, if you were to give a Bull a Tiger name would that not give him a complex?
    Well, if Cowboy is a Carolina fan, he could always call him "Roho", cause I figure he will be used for stud. But, that would give him a chicken complex and really confuse him when he walks by Chick-Fil-A! I'll leave it to you pros.

I vote "Rosebud"......yeah, go ahead make fun of me....I dare ya......
    People are gonna say...."Whats his name?'.....
    You say "Roebud"

"Rosebud?....That's a funny name".

"Yeah, well, YOU go tell him that...."
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

What do ya'll think about 000 Triple Aught? Someone will be along shortly to correct the spelling....
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Has merit......that's Ought
    The Lab is named Gunner, althought his real name starts with a gadammit....so offical names and nick-names, will differ slightly.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Has merit......that's Ought
    The Lab is named Gunner, althought his real name starts with a gadammit....so offical names and nick-names, will differ slightly.
    I bet Winnie says Naught....
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Ok, CBS, how about a bull with his own theme song? Maybe good ol' Wtrfwlr has "Woolly Bully" by Sam the Sham and the Pharos on his oldie goldie juke box.

Why of course I do! I like this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHF558u6Q_8
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Why of course I do! I like this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHF558u6Q_8
    Not quite what i had in mine...I have found if you hold onto his horns, at least you know where they are going....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I bet Winnie says Naught....
    She does
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Blog Entries

Re the name.... I think he's a Sabre, or Spot.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Keeping him for breeding stock Cowboy?
    Wouldn't name him at all if you are gonna eat him. Unless you and the family can handle "we're having Spot for supper tonight".
    Aught is right if you are talking about zeros. 00 = double aught.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Keeping him for breeding stock Cowboy?
    Wouldn't name him at all if you are gonna eat him. Unless you and the family can handle "we're having Spot for supper tonight".
    Aught is right if you are talking about zeros. 00 = double aught.
    Yes, he will be our herd sire, plan is to keep him where we can handle him. He likes honey buns alot, is halter broke and leads readily so far. Trailered great too, much better than a horse. Not sure if his demeanor will change with age. This is my first rodeo, any tips are welcome.

I know a gal that has stock and she names everything, cows, pigs, goats, heck even her chickens and ducks. She slaughters and butchers them herself and just writes the name right on the package when it goes in the freezer!
    "Hey, lets thaw out some Daisy Steaks for the grille tonight!"

If you and the family can handle it, that's fine. LOL.
    We could never tell our chickens apart so naming them was never an option.

I'm with you on that LowKey! I'm a hunter and I am confident I could slaughter my own livestock but name it? Uh........prolly not!

We have had many longhorn bulls, Dad uses them for team roping practice but after they get to big to work through the shoot any more we get them ground into hamburger. And all the steak cuts are ground into hamburger as well, after they been chased up and down the arena thousands of times the steaks are pretty tough but they make some dang good burger with all the steak cuts in there... Oh and don't forget to save the rocky mountain oysters...
    Last edited by Sparky93; 09-03-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

I know a gal that has stock and she names everything, cows, pigs, goats, heck even her chickens and ducks. She slaughters and butchers them herself and just writes the name right on the package when it goes in the freezer!
    "Hey, lets thaw out some Daisy Steaks for the grille tonight!"
    Dad usually gives the long horns a nickname since he practices roping them a bunch, we had one nicknamed Donald because he was all black except it looked like he had a orange toupee on (Donald Trump) and he just hauled off the last of our long horns since we are moving. One of them was nicknamed Voodoo, he was a mix of long horn and a Mexican breed that I can't remember, he looked mean as a rattler without tipped horns but he would try to jump fences to get away from you.

*edit
    I was listening to this song and thought you would like it Cowboy (if you haven't heard it before), it's one of my favorite Chris LeDoux songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAECITidCKs
    Last edited by Sparky93; 09-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    Dad usually gives the long horns a nickname since he practices roping them a bunch, we had one nicknamed Donald because he was all black except it looked like he had a orange toupee on (Donald Trump) and he just hauled off the last of our long horns since we are moving. One of them was nicknamed Voodoo, he was a mix of long horn and a Mexican breed that I can't remember, he looked mean as a rattler without tipped horns but he would try to jump fences to get away from you.

*edit
    I was listening to this song and thought you would like it Cowboy (if you haven't heard it before), it's one of my favorite Chris LeDoux songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAECITidCKs
    I gave it a listen. Hadn't heard that one, not a big Chris LeDoux fan. I like the lyrics on this one. Thanks for posting!

Just so noone gets any bright idea's about this being easy...My Bull (Still No Name) learned real quick how to toss my 12' gate up in the air. I have been out in the rain the better part of the afternoon, he don't like the tempory pasture w/out grass even w/ hay and feed. He seems well enough now that he has a pasture w/grass, thank goodness it was Labor Day today. Got the new fence finished and washed 1 of the horses. Something tells me Bulls are smarter and more take more patience than horses....

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Just so noone gets any bright idea's about this being easy...My Bull (Still No Name) learned real quick how to toss my 12' gate up in the air. I have been out in the rain the better part of the afternoon, he don't like the tempory pasture w/out grass even w/ hay and feed. He seems well enough now that he has a pasture w/grass, thank goodness it was Labor Day today. Got the new fence finished and washed 1 of the horses. Something tells me Bulls are smarter and more take more patience than horses....
    Ya, you got to put your gate l hinges facing each other lol, we learned that lesson too. And the time we left the gate open we spent 3 months hunting them down out on the mine country. It always seemed like people would see them and call us at 3 in the morning. Dad was about 1 week away from going out with the rifle and dropping them but they ended up getting in a old farmers empty feed lot next to another lot full of cattle and he saw them and closed the gate. Lets just say they got ran hard through the roping arena after we got em back and dad and his buddy didn't take it easy stretching them out when they roped them...
    Thomas Paine