Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am about to go through Hurricane Isaac

Default I am about to go through Hurricane Isaac

I am in southwest florida and theres a storm coming that has already killed 3 people. I lived through hurricane Charley I hope this will not be as bad. I have preps and around 30 gals of water for 2 people so I should be ok.

Good luck to you ,stay safe
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Good luck. Check in when it's over.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Keep your head down.....let us know....Stay safe......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Best of luck...hope it runs out of steam before it gets to your house.

yeah I hope it does as well. I have my preps ready. Coming to realize the things I am lacking. D batteries are sold out everywhere down here right now. So I will use my gas lanterns instead of electric lanterns if I really need them. With Charley I was without power for 10 days.

good luck stay safe

From all of the forecasts that are out currently, you should be fine. It'll blow a bit and dump a bunch of rain, but if it stays far enough out in the Gulf I do believe it could hit the Pensacola area at Cat 3 strength.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Please, for gosh's sake, tell me you remembered the coffee and cocoa mix. It's easy to forget the little things that make a stressful time a little more comfortable, but that's an absolute life necessity.

Stay safe.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

stay safe I hope it blows over with no damage

I hope it skips all you guys down there on the coast and does no damage at all. I want it to save up all the rain though and bring it to Arkansas! We need it in the worst way, not the damage part just the several days of rain part please!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Good Luck. I am up in Central Florida and hopefully won't get to much wind and rain. We are prepared, If electric goes out we plan to live in the Horse Trailer with the generator running at night.
    Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Not sure how the Keys are doing, but the Panhandle area, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana coasts need to stay alert. We're getting the outer bands of Issac now in Jax. Don't expect too much here other than rain and a nice breeze. Still gotta pay attention though.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bread, milk and eggs. Just sayin'......Stay safe.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Got all our preps done now just waiting. Looks like it will hit further West than they initially thought but we could still be near the center. Luckily we are 30 miles inland. Worst part of any storm like this is the aftermath. Days or weeks without utilities sucks. No A/C with an infant and two year old recovering from surgery will not be fun.

Doug - box fans and a generator make things much more tolerable.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I imagine Batch has got his hands full right about now. Stay safe my friend.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Don't have box fans but we do have a generator and some ocilating fans. Shouldn't be as bad as Andrew was in '92 so I'm not too concerned. Still not looking forward to it though.

We went hunting. My dad and Sean went up Friday and I went up Saturday. Friday night it stormed something fierce. with a lightning show that was off the chain and rains that collapsed my Pro Guide Series ez up canopy. The weather was perfect all day Saturday. We usually hunt the open of archery at Corbett and its is usually 15 degrees hotter and no breeze and mosquitoes like you never want to see. This storm made it much more bearable. We had rains starting around 4 AM and only one lightning bolt while we were still out there today.

Lots of car wrecks on the way home. Probably the only stupid part about going out this weekend was driving in the rain with people that just can't drive.

Red skies at night... Maybe not as accurate as they say. LOL

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

The ride out. The water is actually down a good 10" from where it should be.

This was this morning. I had already broken camp. I can usually break camp in about 10 minutes. I went for a ride to another camp that had a stinking passion vine growing on it last time we were out. I wanted to see the condition of the vine. I got caught in the bands coming through. I had to turn around to keep dry because it was a driving rain. So I just pulled a u-turn and parked and let it rain. Neither Sean nor I required rain gear to get the camp broke and all things loaded. We also unloaded everything at our warehouse with out getting wet.

I have dedicated rain gear in the UTV and in my truck. I did use my truck rain jacket to open the warehouse. But, then I hung it on a chair in front of a fan to dry while we backed in the trailer and hung the tents and other things that got packed wet.

I am a big fan of rain. Just keep the lightning. LOL Our typical weather this time of year gives us much more intense thunderstorms in the afternoon then this storm every produced.