Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: multi tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ryaninmichigan View Post
    I carry this everywhere I go...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    in what a back pack? lol
    Jesus is my king.

Leatherman is the best. I own 5 of them and havn't had one fail me yet. Got one worn out from about 15 years of hard use at my job.

San Francisco, CA (Or San Freak-Skid Row, if you prefer)

Now THAT was funny!
    Let freedom ring
    Let the white dove sing
    Let the whole world know that today is the day of reckoning
    Let the weak be strong
    Let the right be wrong
    Roll the stone away
    It's Independence Day

-Martina McBride

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Just picked up the Buck/Whittaker Multi tool. It has only six tools but all can be opened one-handed.

http://www.buckknives.com/catalog/detail/563/229

I paid a lot less for mine, though.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Rofl, nice ryan, I'm getting a Huntsman S.A.K soon, http://www.swissknifeshop.co.uk/vict...amouflage.html

Blog Entries

ryaninmichigan that is rediculous lol... why go into the woods with that when you can just take a handy in and have him do it for ya... and what would you need all that crap on there for in the woods.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

All I demand from a multitool is a small saw, can opener, wire cutter, pliers (probably together with wire cutter as is usually the case), and a nice sharp blade for carving.

I rarely have use for all those fancy little gadgets thrown on to MTs... corkscrew, screwdriver, toothpick, etc. I suppose they come in handy around the house but the MT is for the bush!
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

I've packed GERBER multi tools for about 10 yrs now, I'm on my second one , nothing wrong w/ the firs one I sold it to get a new model w/tools that lock open. The Gerber's open very easy w/ the flick of your wrist & have a good warranty & customer service ! My next choice would be a Leatherman WAVE.

I'm going to say Leatherman, I have the older version WAVE, it is awesome, I have been carrying it for about 5 or 6 years now. The newer version WAVE however is a little bigger/heavier, with a different blade locking design. I do not like the changable screwdriver bits either, seems easier to lose. If you can find a first Gen WAVE I'd go with that. But that is just a personal preference thing really.

Thumbs up

In the past I have used Gerber, Leatherman (PST, PST II, Super tool), and Schrade multi-tools. Now I have A Victorinox "Swiss Tool". Love It! Love It! Love It!

While it is true that Leatherman has great customer service, so does Victorinox. They replaced the scissors on my tool for $2.00 S&H.

While I like my Leatherman Super Tool a lot, and I have it as a back up, I prefer carrying my Swiss Tool, especially in the back country! This is JMHO.
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nativedude View Post
    In the past I have used Gerber, Leatherman (PST, PST II, Super tool), and Schrade multi-tools. Now I have A Victorinox "Swiss Tool". Love It! Love It! Love It!

While it is true that Leatherman has great customer service, so does Victorinox. They replaced the scissors on my tool for $2.00 S&H.

While I like my Leatherman Super Tool a lot, and I have it as a back up, I prefer carrying my Swiss Tool, especially in the back country! This is JMHO.

I have heard absolutly nothing but great things about the Victornox Swiss Tool. On another forum I'm on everyone raves about the thing.

Blog Entries

Wink Got one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nativedude View Post

I've had the Victorinox Swiss Multi-tool for years and it's still like new! I really go for that brand in about everything: Sunglasses, watch, knives, even a compass. maybe i should try to get hired on as a salesman for the co., huh?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by survivorman. View Post
    Ive been savng for a good multi tool for some time now and was wondering if anybody had a suggestion as to which multi tool brand and style I should buy.
    thanks
    I just got a notice in my email about this... Apparently, Buck is heading for the multi-tool market as well... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-...ft-guide_N.htm

However, I have a Leatherman 'Wave' and it comes in really handy.
    Last edited by woodwose; 11-27-2007 at 08:24 PM. Reason: additional info.

Quote Originally Posted by woodwose View Post
    I just got a notice in my email about this... Apparently, Buck is heading for the multi-tool market as well... http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-...ft-guide_N.htm

However, I have a Leatherman 'Wave' and it comes in really handy.
    I'd sit that one out until Buck perfects it, seems like every manufacturer has gone through an evolution. Leatherman with their original design that wasn't exactly comfortable when using the pliers, to the new wave and later models that have rounded edges and blade locks. Then there is Gerber, with the original pliers caused a great deal of pinching at the handles when the pliers rapidly closed to the now refined versions with spring action and not fully closing handles. Might be a nice tool....eventually, but I'm sure there are kinks and refinements to be made, just like in everything new. For me it is a Leatherman, or by all accounts a Swisstool.

I have a leatherman and a victorinox camper. And it's not the victorinox I let my buddies use for a bottle opener if they are too drunk to find theirs.

I just bought a Leatherman Wave today. It is by far the nicest multi tool I have ever owned. Execpt for my Leatherman Micra that is always in my pocket.
    I'm not too sure about the removeable screwdriver tips, but they do seem to stay in pretty well.

Have any of you tried the Leatherman Pruners?
    http://www.leatherman.com/products/t...ta/default.asp
    I want to get the Vista set. I like a good set of pruners, and these also have the other tools included, and they fold up just like a regular Leatherman.
    I would have probably bought some today, but I didn't see any at the Academy where I bought the Wave.

Rifleman, don't worry about losing the bit. I have had the 2nd gen Wave since it came out and use it quite a bit.... and it never came out. I also have and use daily the H502 and never lost any of the 3 bits. Great choice, you'll never regret it.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

I carry a knock off (made in china) multi-tool and the things its been through you'd be amazed. The pliers have a bullet stuck on one side and still works, have the frame busted off when i fell down an embankment (didnt see the rock), and the slider pieces are rusted. This has lasted me since i started hunting when i was 6, and i'm 15 now

if your wonder how we got the bullet in it... I still dont know went up to washington over the summer where my grandpa has all my hunting equipment and when i pulled it out it had a bullet in it.
    Last edited by toasta; 12-10-2007 at 10:45 PM. Reason: to clerify something
    The one of toast... Bring me butter!

Blog Entries

Talking Hmmmm.....

He eats Poison Oak, falls down an embankment, and finds a bullet stuck in his multi-tool; show of hands, how many are NOT going on a trip with toasta?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I hope you never fall in the river or a lake with that monster in you pocket.....I'll pray for you!!! (Just kidding)

I'm envious! You don't see that type of stuff in this neck of the woods.
    Walk softly upon the earth!