Thread: Great trade!!!!!

Default Great trade!!!!!

I mentioned on another thread I traded a knife I made from a mowerblade and some flooring, (I got out of the trash) for some Nicholson files. I new it was a good deal but I just got looking at what the files cost. On one site they had a 5 piece set for 60.00 bucks and the 2 longest ones were 8" then 2 6" can't remember what the last one was. ( I suffer from CRS...Can't remember SH....) Well long story short I made out like a fat rat!
    Notice the ruler on the right in the middle. I figure I got at least 200.00 bucks of files. Not to mention the start of a bunch more knives. So stay tuned for some file knives!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

This is the knife I traded.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

What pins do you use and how do you get them so nice and flush?

Those are 1/4" brass rod. I grind them down with with a bench grinder till almost flush, then use a dremel with a sanding drum till flush then hand sand.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I am thinking he got a great deal, nice knife. (Even if I do loath gut-hooks) Sorry the devil made me say that.

Thanks SD, but I could never charge 200.00 bucks for a knife I made...yet! lol

Ted - keep you eye out for garage sales and flea markets. The last batch of files I picked up were fifty cents each.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I agree, been seeing them real regular in the "tool junk box".....( I look for wood handled screw drivers), for really cheap....I'll have to look harder.

In the wire rope buiness, we used files a lot, for cleaning up welds on wire being welded end to end, from 6" to 14" (I think) and had 55 gal drums full of used ones......Oh well,
    I think you scored.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27