Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else feeling......

Default Anybody else feeling......

Is it just me feeling Maudlin or what? But with all the crap lately ( Guess I'm going to have to sue Midas found out friday their insurance is'nt going to pay for the jeep) with family medical issues and other stuff. I've been feeling "what's the use trying" and when things go south do I even care? I don't know maybe it's just "that time of the month ( sorry ladies)" or something.

Any way I guess my question is does anyone else feel they are fighting a losing battle or something"
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Yes, I frequently do, especially as I get older and my health deteriorates. It is a case of " Same s..t, different day!" both in my daily life and in national and world events. What it has done is stir me to try and compleat my preparations for a collapse of soceity.

No, I have a "this sucks" issue now, stuck in a rut kind of thing. All my friends are married, I'm single and broke, so basically my social life all but disappeared. I guess its more cabin fever than anything else.

Not at all. Not everything is peaches and cream every day, but every day is worth living and enjoying. Some things are worth fighting for, while others are not. Keep things in perspective and remember what is important. Don't pay too much attention to those that don't matter.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

When you start feeling that way (and we all do from time to time) you just have to ride it out. Don't obsess over it, don't run the negative loop in your head, don't start feeling sorry for yourself and begrudge the lousy hand you think life has dealt you...just hunker down, take a nap, have a drink with a good friend see a funny movie and let...it...pass like a bad storm. You WILL get over it, and you WILL feel better. Guaranteed!

My experience is bad thing happen in threes....so when stuff starts going wrong, I count them off....One, OK that sucks...Two, That really sucks, wonder what number three is gonna be?....Number three...Gotta ya....and now it's time to move on....

Hang in there Bud...it happens, and sucks when it does, but Hey, you most likely have been thru worst........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You are married are'nt you? If so hug your wife and remember she did not bet on a loser. Make things better for her, and your lot will improve. Just my .02

Nice post, Sam. That's a pretty good thing to remember.

Life can get pretty crappy sometimes, os. I think it's to remind me how much I enjoy the good days. I lost my wife's sister, then three weeks later my mother and a very short time after that my father. THAT was a helluva year. It's hard for things to get THAT bad but sometimes it happens.

Go outside tonight and take a look at the stars. Go down to the river and watch a tugboat or two go by and just close your eyes and listen to the engines as they creep by. Hold you wife's hand. Open your window and listen to a dog bark in the distance. There are some simple pleasures out there if we take some time to enjoy them.

I'm sure your attorney can manage Midas. Good luck! You have friends pullin' for ya.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I don't know. Lately I have a feeling lately that my lady bet on a loser

Yeah; I let life get me down from time to time. I like to remind myself at those times that without providence a billion trillion things would have gone far worse in my life. orders of magnitude greater numbers of things must have gone exactly as they did for me to be here at all. That I exist and continue to do so, and that I can say the same for every single person I know gives me a little bit of faith. If that doesn't help, I have a snack, preferably involving peanut butter then go learn how to do something new, build something in the shop or fix something that's broken.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Find something to love and let go of something you don't. What ever it is that is making you unhappy either fix it or get rid of it.

Had a family friend, a beautiful girl in her early 20 end her life last week. All the benefits you could get in life, a strong supportive family and a good group of friends. She got in a rut and her whole family is tore up right now. But, if you think about she has really hurt her siblings bad. How a parent makes it through something like this I have no idea.

Put that in perspective and then I go to an old proverb. I am not a religious man. But...

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

But, yeah, I fell like some times nothing I do is going to matter anyway. But, I put a foot forward anyway.

Not sure if this helps but for me, when all the S### is hitting the fan, family-wise, work-wise and world-wise, I have found turning off the news and not looking at it online helps some. Just lowering the pitch on one bad thing helps to filter out what is really important from what is not. Sure, world peace is a great goal, feeding the hungry is also a goal, but when your own world is caving in, sometimes it helps to not look at that bigger picture that is also going poorly.

We had a year from hell back in the 90s when our 16 month old son died, then within 3 mos. my husband was transferred and we had to move, and during it all our 3 and 4 yr olds were wrecks of course, my wedding ring was stolen during the move at 6 mos., and work (which had been great while he was alive but now could not figure out why I couldn't "buck up" and work 70 hrs/week) just went crazy.

My solution was to pull over on my commute (1 hr each way) and cry like a baby, fix my makeup and continue on. Repeat as needed on the way home. Having to hide the tears from the children and work would have been impossible otherwise.
    It did get better. Getting up each day I literally pushed myself out of bed and put a smile on my face for the kids and DH.

It may be that this is just a terrible time in your life. Some years are like that. I do believe God gives us an "E" for effort at just continuing when it is tough.
    All of us here stand as testimony that it will get better but it will take time. We will include you and your family in our prayers each day. SG
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Yes I do feel I'm fighting a losing battle , but I also go to bed every night with a smile on my face because even though I am losing, even though I know the big bad ugly world is going to kick my a**, I did ,do,and will contine to do, what I believe is right!
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Blog Entries

I think everyone feels that way from time to time. I've found taking pleasure in the little things in life, like baking with my niece, watching her and her brother fight over the last biscuit, the Cat hamming it up or Winnie jnr just giving me a hug, and learning to live with what you can't change helps enormously. A days hard labour can put things into perspective too. There's nothing like exhaustion and a sense of achievement to help you see things are not so bad after all.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Some see only the good in people and rosey times are always just over the next hill.

For some of us, life is a continuious cycle of lowering expectations and then having life fall short of the new low. There are not enough antidepressants in the world to overcome the fact that in general, people are no damn good. If that were not true we would not have a gazillion laws to control them.

Accept the fact that we all grow older and start breaking down, and that mechanics and other such people often just do not give a flying .... about their integrity. And that the insurance will NEVER pay full value if they pay at all. That is their purpose and goal; you take money in and refuse to pay money out if there is any way to aoid it!

Then.....

Find the meanest SOB of an attorney you can find that will work on commission only:

Sue the insurance company!

Sue Midas!

Sue the manager!

Sue everyone that touched the Jeep along with Midas!

You probably have a good case and absolutely nothing to lose for the effort.

Then sit back and watch the fur fly. It will perk you up greatly to realize that you have nothing to lose in the effort, and now your protagonists are losing sleep at night. Even if you do not win all you wish, and your health does not improve, you still made them sweat.

But that's just my opinion.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Throw on your back pack, and go to the woods. Set up camp and do not think about your problems, then in a while, you will realize things aren't so bad after all!

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Is it just me feeling Maudlin or what? But with all the crap lately ( Guess I'm going to have to sue Midas found out friday their insurance is'nt going to pay for the jeep) with family medical issues and other stuff. I've been feeling "what's the use trying" and when things go south do I even care? I don't know maybe it's just "that time of the month ( sorry ladies)" or something.

Any way I guess my question is does anyone else feel they are fighting a losing battle or something"

been fightin this same crap since last oct lost my job iam broke spent all i had saaved up, and dont see to much in the future right now , but i manage to get by everyday , i say to my self, well u got thru today ok, so lets hit tomorrow, after while it seems people care about themselves, alot more then they let on, but i just rely on me to get there, being single and 54 dont help matter except i can look back and say dont do that dumby u already been there, and every job interview always sets me back awhile, when some person half my age is judging if i know anything? and if i can do a job, And then they never call back , or sometimes the letter in the mail about they found a more qualified person, so a job i have done for years , so yu move on, i have found only listen to as much as u wantto news events, they can drive u down in a hurry , i dont have any sort of cable tv so i use the net to find what i want to know , so hang in man as i look alot of days , things could and can be worse , so just worry about today, and 10 yrs from now all this wont matter much at all

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post

Yea,I do....
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

If you look for bad things, you'll see them. If you look for good things, you'll see them. Only you can choose what you want to look for. I'll give you hint. The bad things will come looking for you so.......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks Gang...... I appreciate all the good advice. I don't know maybe it's a "good thing" feeling as I do right now. I had a good friend remind me that "anything that doesn't destroy you strengthens you". Maybe that's what I/we need from time to time. It gives a wake up call that helps get you back on track when your losing focus.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

hoping thing are looking up, we need to count our blessings, things could be worse.