Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need 24oz heineken mini keg cans

Default Need 24oz heineken mini keg cans

I'm trying to find a couple of empty Heineken 24oz mini kegs to make some backpacking boil pots.
    They are not for sale in the beer stores anymore. I've looked on flea-bay and no luck, so thought I would try here.
    Life member NRA
    Life member Texas State Rifle Assoc.
    Live member A.F.& A.M. (Masonic Lodge)
    Big Bore Air Rifle Shooter

Blog Entries

You get them at Liquor stores over here, check yours out, buy a couple, drink the contents, happy days!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The Hinnie Kegs are nice, I have two. I have one made from the big gallon keg too.

You might consider the Foster can. It is a nice fat one liter wonder.

I usually go with a coffee can myself. It is stronger and does not take the dents like the aluminum beer cans. They are getting scarce too!

Did you ever notice that a quart of milk is more expensive than a quart of beer?
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-18-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I made one from a Foster's can. It seemed a little fragile for me.

I haven't looked for quite a long time, so not sure if they are carried here. I will look next time I'm in the grocery store.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

just seen that at wally world yesterday, they had a stack ofthem, in the beer isle , if the local place dont have them as them to order for you, beer guy comes at least weekly most places,

Thanks for all the info, the local wallyworld doesn't stock them and shoprite can't ship alcohol to Texas.
    Life member NRA

hmm, i figured all walmarts in texas would have them. The ones in San Antonio did, weird.
    Dieing is easy, Living is the hard part.
    Rock the 40oz, its the change that counts.
    Life is a grave and I dig it.

I'll keep my eyes open......
    Empting them out willl be a dark lonely job....but some one has to do it, Right?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Just remember, you need two cans for every one stove you want to make. You drink half of the first can, leaving half in it so it doesn't blow away or anything. Then you drink half of the next one, so you can pour the rest of the first one into that second one for safe keeping. Then, as you work on the stove you still have something to drink.

Coaldust - for you - I may have to start drinking beer again.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Brilliant, JP. Not only did my can almost blow away when I made mine I had no beer left during the manufacturing process. You've solved one of the world's greater problems. (I wonder if I use half the beer and set a plate of bacon on top. Hmmmmm).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Went to gunshow in Mesquite, Tx, suburb of Dallas and made 8 different beer stores and no luck, they only hade the new straight walled can in 24oz
    I guess I going to have to ask someone to buy 3 or 4 and drink the conetnts and sell me the cans ( at price paid for the beer) and shipping to get some,
    maybe even a little something extra, or trade. I make custom paracord bracelets that I sell at the local VA hospital (for 10.00).
    Any takers??,Thanks, Ronald Woodruff. This is a great forum!!!
    Life member NRA

Ummm. If you go to all that expense couldn't you just buy a pot that won't crush?

I was at one of our local stop and robs a while back and there was this old drunk guy in there that I guess had just seen these for the first time. He was at the counter just hounding the poor kid at the register how much it cost to get his mini keg refilled if he bought one! It started to get a little heated with the kid constantly telling this guy " WE...DO...NOT....RE...FILL....THEM!!!! and the old drunk guy started in on if they sold them little keggers then they outta refill them!!!! Then the old fella started accusing the store of trying to cheat him by tricking him into buying a "Keg" with no way to refill it?? The kid shook his head while looking down at the floor and then look up at the guy and through gritted teeth told him THEN DON'T BUY IT
    GEEZ!!
    I started to get pissed about all this cause I was in a hurry but then it just got to be hilarious. I guess he was hoping it was going to be like buying one of the Big Gulp cups where you get super cheap refills at the soda fountain??? Hey, can't blame the ol rummy for workin all the angles huh?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Default 24 oz Heineken mini kegs

Still no luck finding any in this area (NE Texas), I drove 60 miles to Durant, Ok to a liquor store that said they had them, turns out they had the 5 liter mini kegs not the24oz.
    I am wanting them for a project with my scout troop, we have already made alcohol stoves for backpacking. We followed a youtube video on constructing them, so I am still
    needing some help finding some of the 24oz mini kegs. I need 6 to start with but any amount will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Ronald Woodruff
    Life member NRA

I will make a point of looking tomorrow.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks you for taking the time.
    Life member NRA

coaldust: check out this website: www.minibulldesign.com he has some 10 & 12cm pots w/lids for sale. I have both and they do a fantastic job of boiling water/cooking food. I have a couple of the Hennie pots with wrapped cord, good idea but not too good if you boil them dry, they have a plastic liner.
    For those who fight for it, Life has a special flavor the protected never know.... Khe Sahn "68" Unknown Marine