Thread: Knife advice

Default Knife advice

I'm tired of breaking cheap pocket knives, so I figured it's time to invest in something a little more reliable. I've heard and read great things about the Becker BK2, and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm settling on. My question is, is there any reason I shouldn't get it? I guess a better question would be, what are the negative sides to the knife? Thanks in advance

I've got a BK2 and like it fine. It is certainly much larger and heavier than a pocket knife so I would not view it as a replacement for one, but rather something additional that you carried when appropriate.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Chuck it depends on what you want to use it for? If you want a every day carry I have carried a Spyderco Endura for about 12 yrs great knife runs about 60 dollars. As for the Becker I haven't owned one but from what I've seen in the reviews of folks that do they like them. I own a Esee RC4 and it works great for most outdoors jobs. But knives are a personal preference take your time and read reviews and check out some video reviews on youtube then make a choice. Good luck with what you choose. Keep us posted I would love to see it in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Chuck it depends on what you want to use it for?
    Good question.lol Mostly just something for when I'm doing a bit of dispersed camping/hiking. I went ahead and ordered one, I'm sure I'll have a story or two to tell after I've beaten her up a little.haha Thanks for the advice.

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i use a camillus. its tough enough to do the jobs that i need done.
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis