Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need recommendations for country's where you can survive in wilderness

Default need recommendations for country's where you can survive in wilderness

hello im Ido from Israel.
    Im tried from our society and I want to go out wild.
    I need a country where you can actually live from the nature, a cheap country.
    off course Im coming with a little money and little equipment and a hunting gun.

I think some countries relatively close to you that might qualify would be the Central African Republic, Cameroon or Gabon. Good luck with that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Lots of wilderness in your area. Good luck with that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Sorry, I've only been to Canada and the Bahamas, so I don't know of any...good luck with that!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Learn to survive and thrive where you are. At some point in life you are compelled to become a Adult. Adults know (Unlike Children) that life is not about having what you want, life is about being happy with what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by proger View Post
    hello im Ido from Israel.
    Im tried from our society and I want to go out wild.
    I need a country where you can actually live from the nature, a cheap country.
    off course Im coming with a little money and little equipment and a hunting gun.
    There are plenty of "cheap" countries, depends on your definition. Sourdough is right, there is wisdom there.

Most of us at some point want to go "wild." Running from "society" though is usually a cop out. Society is comprised of people, and people take on many forms and beliefs. The problems with society are as numerous as the problems with people. One of the problems with society is that too many people check out and opt out of bettering their society in favor of dwelling in their own selfish world, be that being a troglodyte in your living room or out in the wild. My recommendation is if you are tired of society, do something about it. Starting with yourself. Better yourself, and you will be better equiped to better your society. Might this mean spending some time in a wilderness situation so as to be more introspective for a time, maybe find God? Sure, just don't make it a lifestyle. JMOFWIW.

Yeah, I'm thinking africa is your best choice. A man can live like a king with a few euro's in some of those areas.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you have to ask, you need 10 more years of training.

Good luck with that.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Africa would be amazing. Testing your skills in Sierra Leone, Uganda or the Congo would be a great test of your skills. If you need a replacement rifle I am sure you will have no problem finding one. Euro's will go along way im sure.

Many North and Central African countries have pretty strict immigration policies, and/or are dictatorships that frown on outsiders coming in indefinitely. If you want to explore the possiblity, you might want to sign on as a missionary to some of these countries, or to similar ones in the Amazon basin in South America, which are really some of the last great wildernesses available with indiginous tribes still living an untouched agrarian hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Trying to live 'in the wild' inside a civilized first world country is like going to a heavy metal concert and hoping to find a 'quiet seat' in the audience. Good luck with your endeavors.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

You newer members that are replying with instructions and encouragement please remember that you have:

No background information
    No knowledge of personal situation
    No known skill level
    No age
    No gender info
    No health status

Some of you that have just registered may not realize that this is our "Running off to the wilderness" thread for the week. It has been sparse this week, usually we have two or three a week.

It is like dealing with bears at the campground, if you keep feeding them you are responsible for the damage they do to themselves and others.

I wish only the best for this OP on his first post, but I can not encourage of advise him with the information given.

SO

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-11-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Here you go, the wilderness par excellence! The Taiga, wilderness forests of northern Siberia. The hunters/trappers of the Taiga are so rough they wear their jeans out from the inside. Make it there and you can make it anywhere in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiGo6Dy9eso

Enjoy.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 08-11-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

Afghanistan is pretty wild. Cheap, too. And you don't have to travel too far, relatively speaking.

Fed up with society?
    Need to get away?
    How about attempting to survive in the wild?

It's probably an easy thing to do... I saw a movie about it once.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT !
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

I just gonna say good luck with that.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Antarctica...plenty of room to live on. Good Luck
    I Live to backpack and I live well.

If you can read this, thank a TEACHER
    If your reading this in ENGLISH, thank a VETERAN.

You could always sell yourself into the Thialand sex trade. Free transport to the country. Good survival training. Free food. Great night life.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You could always sell yourself into the Thialand sex trade. Free transport to the country. Good survival training. Free food. Great night life.
    hahahahahahha
    Rick- You make me wish there was a "Like" button!!!!!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    They want pictures these days and the only one we have of Rick would not get a signature on the COD.

That's true. Ruggedly handsome doesn't get you squat when you get old. Look at Schwartzenegger.