Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zombie apocalypse!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorman View Post
    I've booked an "on-call" seat on the standby space station shuttle. No zombies up there.

S.M.
    ... So, you haven't seen Zombies from Mars then?
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Y'all seem to have the killing zombies thing down pat, but you're not thinking this thing all the way through. If one attacks you, it's not that hard to kill. The problem is, if they sneak up on you, maybe while you sleep, or if you get to close while killing a mob of them, you may yourself become a zombie from one little zombie bite!

Now, on this, I may be able to help. I'm about to introduce the new 2dumb2run line of kevlar, zombie bite resistant clothing line. The basic need will be the kevlar long johns. These will protect most of the body. I will also have available kevlar socks and gloves. Now, as far as the head goes (we all know that they go for the brains.) I was thinking about offering hoodies in several different colors. This way, you can show you loyalty to your gang/tribe, and let other non-zombies know who you are.
    Ooh! Put me down for a dozen complete sets for me, and a dozen for my boy!

I am freezing brains to use for bait.

seriously though, Bass pro has been having a sale on Remington Ultimate Home Defense ammo and I grabbed some in 12ga.

I think I know where I'm going next week...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Just put up a toll gate, and charge $.10 cents apiece, (kinda like Blazing Saddles), and I bet Zombies don't carry change.

As far as setting them on fire, bad idea, whose gonna clean up the mess?, I gonna put up a "Free Brains' sign and have them head down the road.
    I heard that a group of zombie's got pretty ticked off, when they surrounded Rick and then realized that his sign said "Free of Brains".
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Yes me and my friends have a plan unfortnely we have all decieded that it is to remain top secret until the end of the world happens how ever we have stashed alot of .22 ammo
    Courage is the discovery that you may not win,and trying when you know you can lose.

I prefer Xompocalypse lol. But seriously, one time on top of a mountain with nothing to do but sit and watch for bad guys, we hashed out that the 22LR is the zombie round of choice. Acceptable accuracy at distance, light weight, pops the skull as well as any bullet. For example, my 10/22 Takedown, loaded w/ scope & bipod, it weighs in at 5.1 lb. with my MK III lite at 1.46 lb. & the way I buy Federal .22 LR HP is bulk 5000 rounds (The box weighs in at 41.2 lb.) Vs. 7.62mm for my M24A2 duty weapon loaded with scope and all other crap. Weighs 16+ lb (Heavy!) (and if my math is correct) plus ammo. would work out to 375 lb for 5000 rounds. In my packs I usually carry about 500 rounds of 22lr which weigh in at 4.31 lb. So Rifle + Hand gun + 500 Rounds = 10.86 lb. Vs. One rifle + 500 rounds = 53 lb. 2 guns more options/fun Vs. 1 gun few options/fun. But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombie75 View Post
    I prefer Xompocalypse lol. But seriously, one time on top of a mountain with nothing to do but sit and watch for bad guys, we hashed out that the 22LR is the zombie round of choice. Acceptable accuracy at distance, light weight, pops the skull as well as any bullet. For example, my 10/22 Takedown, loaded w/ scope & bipod, it weighs in at 5.1 lb. with my MK III lite at 1.46 lb. & the way I buy Federal .22 LR HP is bulk 5000 rounds (The box weighs in at 41.2 lb.) Vs. 7.62mm for my M24A2 duty weapon loaded with scope and all other crap. Weighs 16+ lb (Heavy!) (and if my math is correct) plus ammo. would work out to 375 lb for 5000 rounds. In my packs I usually carry about 500 rounds of 22lr which weigh in at 4.31 lb. So Rifle + Hand gun + 500 Rounds = 10.86 lb. Vs. One rifle + 500 rounds = 53 lb. 2 guns more options/fun Vs. 1 gun few options/fun. But what do I know.
    So, you are basing your theory on two assumptions.

1. That a .22 LR will "pop a skull".
    and
    2. Zombies will only attack while you're hiking.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

SO......... ya all seem to be making fun, Zombies are real right? if not im screwed cause thats what ive been prepping for all these years.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Balendor
    great info here I am glad someone took the time to research the effects of Flaming VS. Non Flaming Zombies now I do not need to use the trail and error method that would have been bad

It was a university study using federal grant dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    gonna put up a "Free Brains' sign and have them head down the road.

I've seen the cops do that very thing. Only it said DUI checkpoint ahead. Every zombie turned down the side road, which is where the cops were really waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dumb
    I heard that a group of zombie's got pretty ticked off, when they surrounded Rick and then realized that his sign said "Free of Brains"
    I'm not Ken so don't even start.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No not saying while only hiking. Just saying resources are not always going to be where you are located and some situations are going to require travel from point a to point b. If you're set up to live till the end of your days in one location then I applaud your prepping efforts and wish you the best. For the rest of us in the world most aren't prepared for such a long siege of either zombies (mythical) or human locusts that will swarm your utopian outpost when the local Wal-Mart runs out of food and they come to take what you have built, stored, or grown. Best in our humble opinions to be prepared to go mobile at any time and be ready to survive that inevitability, for no one truly has a "Fortress of solitude". That is unless you live in a place so remote you can't get there on foot/horseback, you're super wealthy and have an old abandoned missile silo converted to house you and yours, or a custom super shelter like those seen on that horrible TV show Doomsday Preppers. Besides if the S really HTF how many of you would already be at home with a cold one in your lazy boy? I work almost 40 min from home 0430 till sometimes 1900-2200 at night. Believe you me I have a bag in the Heep to get home either in the vehicle or on foot if need be. Hopefully my wife and kids can keep the home fires burning till I get there and believe me they are all properly trained and ready. To caveat this, I read a crime statistic that stated most murders committed using fire arms were of the 22lr caliber (I'll have to find it for you) due to it's commonality and ease to acquire. Besides in a SHTF situation you're more likely to be able to find the most common ammunition made in the world easier than you would specialized caliber such as the .308/7.62mm NATO. You're more likely to find .30-06 in most urban/rural areas due to higher amounts of hunters preference towards that caliber. I have a Schmidt Rubin in 7.5 x 55 swiss. Ammo is rare. I'll ditch my favorite deer rifle for something light, high ammo capacity, and with easily scavenged/acquired ammo... I already love this place

Quote Originally Posted by Xombie
    [COLOR=#333333]going to require travel from point a to point b
    As it turns out, Point A and Point B are in San Francisco (I'm not sure if it has anything to do with AC/DC or not). There are actually several Point As so you have to choose which one you are starting from. Here's a map to help.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombie
    how many of you would already be at home with a cold one in your lazy boy?

(Raising hand). I will be. I have it written in my plan to be home when SHTF. I also have an alternate plan to be at DQ.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

I heard that a group of zombie's got pretty ticked off, when they surrounded Rick and then realized that his sign said "Free of Brains".
    You miss Ken, don't you?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm not catching the reference to San Francisco or AC/DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombie75 View Post
    I'm not catching the reference to San Francisco or AC/DC.
    Clicking on the link he provided will make it all clear. It's all part of that whole humor thingy.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

OK I'm smart some ways, slow others. This must be a slow one for me (There are quite a few). I clicked the map link, I just get all the point A's. As my ex always said, "If it has to be explained it's won't be funny to you, you idiot." lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    .......................................(Raising hand). I will be. I have it written in my plan to be home when SHTF. I also have an alternate plan to be at DQ. [/COLOR]
    That's my plan as well, if I don't move....(too much), maybe they won't see me.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

(Raising hand). I will be. I have it written in my plan to be home when SHTF. I also have an alternate plan to be at DQ.
    I live in town, so I plan to be out camping when SHTF. But DQ works for me too
    Last edited by Tootsiepop254; 08-10-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: I'm a dunce.

So, you are basing your theory on two assumptions.

1. That a .22 LR will "pop a skull".
    and
    2. Zombies will only attack while you're hiking.
    Will a .22 LR 'pop a skull'? I'm not very familiar with guns, in fact I have only shot two rifles before; my old .22 and my stepdads SKS (I LOVED that gun!)... If my .22 isn't going to do the trick, I need to know before I stock up on useless ammo!