Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie apocalypse!!!!!!!

Yeah, I guess it depends on the kind of zombie we're talking about. If they are I Am Legend zombies then we're hosed. They are building steel cable, car counter weight snares and I'm still thinking about bacon. Now, if they are Walking Dead zombies then no sweat. We'll just pick them off as they amble along.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

for zombies, all you need is a moat around the house. They'll fall in and then you can torch them. Repeat until zombie free.

or apparently a log fence that won't break cause walking dead zombies can't figure out how to fall over a waist high fence.

You guys are truly losing it !!!

OT
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Sure takes you a long time to catch on doesn't it? We're not only loosing it, I'm afraid I lost it some time back and can't remember where. If it turns up and you find it be sure and let me know. Maybe I'll remember that I asked you to.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yep... looney...

Blog Entries

Cool ARRGGHHH!!!! They're comin"!

Look out...Zombies! Somebody call George Romero!

Or play "Thriller" by Michael Jackson!
    Last edited by Sarge47; 08-08-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Ruger MK III and Ruger 10/22 tons of ammo and the Zombietools Backwoods Bone Machete. Other than that my BOB is the same as my 7 day pack...

As I try to stay away from zombie related stuff I think this was the first time I was in this thread Rick. So ya see, it really didn't take all that long for me to see that you had lost it. :>)

OT
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Okay, I'll give you that. Now, will you help me find it?

Bad Juju, Flamin torches that move in your direction is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    for zombies, all you need is a moat around the house. They'll fall in and then you can torch them. Repeat until zombie free.

or apparently a log fence that won't break cause walking dead zombies can't figure out how to fall over a waist high fence.

Some great posts in this thread. I will agree with those who state that all prepping mediates zombie hordes.

Ammo is the issue. The answer is .22LR.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Mil-Dot Firearms Academy Kosuki's Avatar

My plan is to sit on a roof with a Rem 700 or a 10-22 and have fun popping the zombie melons lol

Quote Originally Posted by JPFuel
    you can torch them

Never burn a zombie! Research studies have shown that zombies can take over 20 minutes to burn up vs. a regular person's four minutes. Your worst nightmare isn't zombies marching toward you but flaming zombies (FZs) marching toward you. Add to that the fact that FZs will attract the attention of non-flaming zombies (NFZs) and the NFZs will be drawn toward the FZs like a moth to light.

With regard to the mote, if you have an FZ fall into the mote, what happens? That's right. The fire is extinguished. Now you have to deal with a (technically) NFZ that stinks. Besides, how many matches do you stock up anyway?

While it might sound like fun to chug Molotov cocktails at a bunch of zombies you have to remember that the fun comes with a price. What happens if a FZ stumbles into your ammo cache or, worse, your twinkie stash?

Blog Entries

Cool Flaming Zombie?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    [/COLOR]

Never burn a zombie! Research studies have shown that zombies can take over 20 minutes to burn up vs. a regular person's four minutes. Your worst nightmare isn't zombies marching toward you but flaming zombies (FZs) marching toward you. Add to that the fact that FZs will attract the attention of non-flaming zombies (NFZs) and the NFZs will be drawn toward the FZs like a moth to light.

With regard to the mote, if you have an FZ fall into the mote, what happens? That's right. The fire is extinguished. Now you have to deal with a (technically) NFZ that stinks. Besides, how many matches do you stock up anyway?

While it might sound like fun to chug Molotov cocktails at a bunch of zombies you have to remember that the fun comes with a price. What happens if a FZ stumbles into your ammo cache or, worse, your twinkie stash?
    Flaming Zombie? Sounds like an exotic drink!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

by the way; it's not a zombie apocalypse, it's a Zombocalypse.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    [/COLOR]

great info here I am glad someone took the time to research the effects of Flaming VS. Non Flaming Zombies now I do not need to use the trail and error method that would have been bad

Y'all seem to have the killing zombies thing down pat, but you're not thinking this thing all the way through. If one attacks you, it's not that hard to kill. The problem is, if they sneak up on you, maybe while you sleep, or if you get to close while killing a mob of them, you may yourself become a zombie from one little zombie bite!

Now, on this, I may be able to help. I'm about to introduce the new 2dumb2run line of kevlar, zombie bite resistant clothing line. The basic need will be the kevlar long johns. These will protect most of the body. I will also have available kevlar socks and gloves. Now, as far as the head goes (we all know that they go for the brains.) I was thinking about offering hoodies in several different colors. This way, you can show you loyalty to your gang/tribe, and let other non-zombies know who you are.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Y'all seem to have the killing zombies thing down pat, but you're not thinking this thing all the way through. If one attacks you, it's not that hard to kill. The problem is, if they sneak up on you, maybe while you sleep, or if you get to close while killing a mob of them, you may yourself become a zombie from one little zombie bite!

Now, on this, I may be able to help. I'm about to introduce the new 2dumb2run line of kevlar, zombie bite resistant clothing line. The basic need will be the kevlar long johns. These will protect most of the body. I will also have available kevlar socks and gloves. Now, as far as the head goes (we all know that they go for the brains.) I was thinking about offering hoodies in several different colors. This way, you can show you loyalty to your gang/tribe, and let other non-zombies know who you are.
    Put me down for a dozen sets...black hoodie!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I started prepping for it, but then I had this dumb idea to put all the preps and guns in a canoe and go fishing. Then, there was an accident, and all my stuff went to the bottom. Now, I just practice with my kids by playing "plants vs zombies". It is a very realistic computer game that should have been named "plants vs vegetarians" since they are basically the same thing, and vegetarians are more scary to plants than zombies are.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Just put up a toll gate, and charge $.10 cents apiece, (kinda like Blazing Saddles), and I bet Zombies don't carry change.

As far as setting them on fire, bad idea, whose gonna clean up the mess?, I gonna put up a "Free Brains' sign and have them head down the road.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27