Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your top 10 items

Default What are your top 10 items

Ok here is the scenario...you can tell that the tsiathtf and you want to prepare or add to your supplies to be as ready as you can. You have an extra 1000.00 you can put your hands on...What do you buy and in what order of priority.
    Is it Food, Ammo, Guns, toilet paper, seeds, water. what is your list? just had that thought today after hearing Israel is close to taking care business.

Way too vague. Try looking through this then revise the question.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...rio-Check-List
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

No...you can go into to many things and the topic to encompassing. Is it alaska in winter, is it a drought, is it mississippi in the summer, is it a dessert and I have tons of water but noe shoes. I am asking for who ever wants to answer what is thier top things they want to have with limited ammount of money and short period of time to get it...
    Last edited by techiedude; 08-01-2012 at 11:26 PM.

That's a tough one. I'm not sure how much Israel opening up a can of whupass on Iran will effect me aside from crazy high fuel prices.
    So I'd probably sink the whole 1k into prebuying the winters heating oil.

I figure unless the US was under attack we'd still have jobs. I think we're covered for most emergencies for at least 6 months probably a lot longer if the power grid is still up and running.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47

Good call, CGU. I too would put the money into fuel. I don't have heating oil anymore, I have propane. Same deal though. Second choice would be more freeze dried and canned meats. I can grow veggies even in winter in the greenhouse, but more shelf-stable meats would always be welcome. Or I could blow it all on Toilet Paper. You laugh now, but when you are wiping with cold wet leaves and your Yellow Pages, you'll think "I wish I'd gotten more TP!"
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

I would rate candles right up there if grid goes down.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You can make your own candles with premade supplies, or beeswax, or beef tallow, or a liquid candle with any type of oil and a wick. Getting supplies for candlemaking would be a good idea though, regardless.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Banned
    Blog Entries

5,000 more rounds of .22 Magnum Ammo, and a $25.00 tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream.

I'd put my generator in the shop, pick up that oil cap for the chainsaw while I'm there, refuel my van down at the corner where there's no ethanol in their fuel and buy out all the garden seeds that are on seasonal closeout right now. Need about 200' feet of new garden hose, too. Should call and order propane, too. Finish picking berries and go fishing.

Put the cure on the salmon and have raspberries and cream for dinner.

Well, since it could be anything I'll have to go with nail polish. If SHTF the ladies are gonna wanna look good. When the stores run out I'll make a fortune.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

1.) can of coffee,
    2.) second can of coffee,
    3.) third can of coffee,
    4.) fourth can of coffee,
    5.) cookpot,
    6.) lighter,
    7.) knife with full-hard spine,
    8.) 6-pack of beer,
    9.) 12-pack of beer,
    10.) a good book.

yeah; i think that was the list...
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Pssst. 40 ouncers.

I'd be screwed. I'd probably stock up some food, water, ammunition for the .22, first aid supplies and barter items. Then go a find a place and camp out, hunt for what I can, collect what I know, and hope I can trade either hard work or supplies with someone for something I need.

I'm fine using a large younger leaf for TP, its all about getting the job done, right?
    "I would rather live in dangerous freedom than I would peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
    "The purpose of life is a life with a purpose, so i'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless." - Immortal Technique

What don't the three of us link up? With Canid's beer, your food and my nail polish the ladies will be swarming us. Say, when exactly is this SHTF suppose to happen 'cause I'm startin' to look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Pssst. 40 ouncers.
    Naahh! Get Kegs!!!!!!! If people start showing up, I want to keep the masses happy!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlup View Post
    That's a tough one. I'm not sure how much Israel opening up a can of whupass on Iran will effect me aside from crazy high fuel prices.
    So I'd probably sink the whole 1k into prebuying the winters heating oil.

I figure unless the US was under attack we'd still have jobs. I think we're covered for most emergencies for at least 6 months probably a lot longer if the power grid is still up and running.
    Thanks cowgirl that is what im talking about i just wanted quick oof the cuff what would I get if i thought things were about to go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticwarrior View Post
    Good call, CGU. I too would put the money into fuel. I don't have heating oil anymore, I have propane. Same deal though. Second choice would be more freeze dried and canned meats. I can grow veggies even in winter in the greenhouse, but more shelf-stable meats would always be welcome. Or I could blow it all on Toilet Paper. You laugh now, but when you are wiping with cold wet leaves and your Yellow Pages, you'll think "I wish I'd gotten more TP!"
    Yes Celtic i would also invest in some TP and i already get caned meats.

Yes i get some candles from the dollar store they have long burning candles buy the 5 pack for a dollar I have many.

I like the way you think cause if momma aint happy nobody is happy

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple Plum View Post
    I'd put my generator in the shop, pick up that oil cap for the chainsaw while I'm there, refuel my van down at the corner where there's no ethanol in their fuel and buy out all the garden seeds that are on seasonal closeout right now. Need about 200' feet of new garden hose, too. Should call and order propane, too. Finish picking berries and go fishing.

Put the cure on the salmon and have raspberries and cream for dinner.
    Yes the dollar general has thier seeds onsale right now for 15 cents a pack i would recomend getting all you can.