Thread: What is this "Text Enhance"?

Default What is this "Text Enhance"?

Does anyone know what this Text Enhance thing is? It just appear on me today. In the posts and such there are highlighted words as if they are links, when I hover over them they are ads for all kinds of crazy stuff. Is this something I've caught or what? Anyone else have it? How can I get rid of it?
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Chris has some (SOME) enhanced text on food words like lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, etc. I'm not certain if those specific words are enhanced but you'll see it in green. (I checked after I posted and obviously these words aren't enhanced.)

If it's something other than foods then it's a form of browser hijacker. I dealt with it a few weeks back. What a PITA. Here's some information for removing it.

http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/

I suggest you get a copy of CCCleaner and Window Washer. Both are free and will help with junk like that.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Thanks for the info. And I will take the advice of the programs. Just a weird deal. I really don't think I'm cut out to become a Social Worker that they were wanting to send me to school to train for!

Me neither. I'm more of an Anti-Social Worker.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well, I downloaded and ran the CCCleaner but it didn't change anything. I followed the instructions for the removal but cannot see the Text Enhance thing in my extensions list to remove it?