Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Teotwawki

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Knowledge is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.
    Wehehehellllll now Ricky, I don't want to name any names here, but I would suggest that if you check back on some posts, you'll agree with me that there's some pretty spirited idiots out there.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Hey, no knowledge, no spirit. Know whadI mean? I think the Grim Reaper comes for folks in the middle of the night in some darkened forest, takes one look at 'em and just shakes his head. "At least give me a challenge," and he hikes off looking for the next victim. Otherwise they would have killed themselves a loooooong time ago.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

You may have something there Rick. I hope it's not contagious.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

A friend of mine use to say" The only reason some people are alive is because it is a crime to put them out of my misery". Persons of the ID-10-T persuasion seem to multiply like rabbits.

That is a lot of info Bow. But a good read.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

BEO... man you got me I thought that you wrote that ..That is not the tip of man I thought you to be . But you did have me going there. If anything it maybe the start of the end but not THE END , too much has not happened yet .But I don't read Mayan and who is to say they did not get it right ? OH that's right.... HIM
    Do it with what you got and you want need what you don't have

Blog Entries

Sorry Smok, I just posted a speech by a guy claiming to be a Mayan Priest, I thought it had some hindu type stuff in it. Thouht it may be a good read snce we're aways talking about TEOTWAWKI and recently 2012.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

You asked for my opinion so here it is. Yes, the Mayan's were experts with astronomy. Yes, Dec 21, 2012 is the end of the 26,000 year cycle. No I don't think Jesus will be coming. No, I don't think it's the end of the world. Yes there might be changes but those changes will not be because of an ancient calendar, they will be from man's foolishness.

Look at the US national debt. Within 5-10 years more than 50% of the budget will go to paying interest on the US debt. We don't pay principal so the debt keeps building. Look at the housing market that resulted from financial corruption. There are a few bad signs but people have been claiming the end of the world for many years before I was born.

They thought The End was in 1984 because of a book written by George Orwell. Then they thought it was in the 1990's when a comet went by earth, and the Heavan's Gate cult drank the coolaid. Then they thought it was in 2000 because it was the "beginning of the millenium". Then they thought it was 2001 because "that was the REAL beginning of the millenium".

Well, the massive end of the world hasn't happened yet. It's just the same political games and corruption as usual. Though we could certainly use a change in the positive direction.

p.s. The word "apocalypse" is often misunderstood to mean "total destruction", an attempt by the media to sell more magazines. However it simply means "big change". It does not mean or imply total destruction of the physical world.
    Last edited by bulrush; 03-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Actually, the term apocalyse means "lifting of the veil" but you are correct. It is not a reference to total destruction.

Likewise, Armageddon does not mean total destruction or final conflict. Armageddon is the Hebrew name of a geographical location in Israel known as Megiddo. Megiddo is a hill which overlooks the Jezreel valley.

Human language has a neat way of changing the meaning of words over time. Our own lexicon has changed many words in our lifetime. Cool, hip, gay, etc. We read words or phrases today and apply our understanding to those words when, very often, you have to understand the context within which the word or phrase was written. Above are two excellent examples of that problem.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The Mayan were in areas of Mexico and were not Hindu. Hindu comes from the area of India. The priest may have studied both Mayan and Hindu religion and found some common threads. That's all.

p.s. The Mayans were later conquered by the violent Aztecs. The Aztecs were the ones who started doing the human sacrifices, pulling out the heart of the victim (yes it happened). The Mayans were peaceful but the Aztecs forced the Aztec culture on the Mayan. When the climate changed to a drier climate, the Aztecs started doing the sacrifices in a desparate attempt to get the rains to come to water their crops.

Actually, the term apocalyse means "lifting of the veil" but you are correct. It is not a reference to total destruction.

...hence our understanding of 'apocolypse' today, this comes from cultures and a time when the groom didn't get to see the bride at all until after the wedding vows, then he slowly lifted the veil, anticipating that first loving, wonderful kiss...took one look and went [B]AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! [/B ]it was the end of the world for those guys people.

Yeah, that's pretty close. Okay, sort of close. Well, kind of a near miss. Actually, it isn't anything like that.

Blog Entries

Apocalypse, is understood by most from the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible.
    As for "apocalyse" never heard of it
    Apocalypse: Today the term is often used to mean "End of planet Earth", which may be a shortening of the phrase apokalupsis eschaton which literally means "revelation at the end of the æon, or age".
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Yeah, that's pretty close. Okay, sort of close. Well, kind of a near miss. Actually, it isn't anything like that.
    Well it was worth a shot, but after a response like that I can understand why you and hillbilly are so close. At least, that's what he said, can you feel the love, Ricky? Is he your long lost son? Or maybe the new son you want to adopt! Good for you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Apocalypse, is understood by most from the Apocalypse mentioned in the Bible.
    As for "apocalyse" never heard of it
    Apocalypse: Today the term is often used to mean "End of planet Earth", which may be a shortening of the phrase apokalupsis eschaton which literally means "revelation at the end of the æon, or age".
    Couldn't you find something four or five pages longer to say that?

Default the end is near

that is why the pale rider is here lol

Blog Entries

Sorry Trax, didn't wanna make ya read (or not) Next time I'll use pictures.