Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Onions

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    Admitting it is the first step
    true tony it is the first step

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly1987 View Post
    true tony it is the first step
    Whats the second agen ?
    A wise person does at once, what a fool does at last. Both do the same thing; only at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony uk View Post
    Whats the second agen ?
    i dont remember hahahaha shoot me now for not remembering hahaha just kidden about the shooting thing
    Last edited by hillbilly1987; 03-04-2008 at 07:56 PM.

The area is marked, No off road usage. Carrots sound good. I do not think rice would work. In summer there is but a trickle of water down the La Platta. I have only seen it over flow the banks once in the last 10 years.

The boys and I will be going to the seed store this weekend. I have decided to try most everything this area will grow except corn. I called a friend and he is willing to give me some pecan saplings. I think a few trees that bear nuts would be a good idea. The Redwood tree I planted out there, seems to be doing good. TDW wants us to plant some of the wild grapes we have growing in the yard.

I think I have started something that will be eating up my weekends, for a few weeks.

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Don: I can think of worse ways to spend a weekend.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Watch the wild grapes bud they will take over everything. I can't tell you the hours I have spent chping them down at the farm I used to manage.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by beerrunner13 View Post
    Watch the wild grapes bud they will take over everything. I can't tell you the hours I have spent chping them down at the farm I used to manage.

ya grapes can get out of hand and i have seen it

a fact i appreciate around here, as the grapes overgrow the eucalyptus [about the only thing that poses a threat to them in my area] that have been dominating the riparian systems in my area since their introduction.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I like things in the onion family: leek, onion, garlic, chives.

I planted some donut seeds once, but they didn't grow.

Ok OK We have 7 Bacon trees and 14 Donut bushes. Carrots, chives, garlic, Water mellon. Cantalope, Pinto beans, Lima beans, 6 pecan saplings, Tomatos, and 3 cans of Budwieser to plant.

I think we are ready.

The boys are looking forward to the day out and TDW & TGF are going shopping. It should be a good day!

Don
    No one knows more about a task then the person that does it, Practice makes perfect!

Better double up on the beer Don we may be out that way in the summer if TDW can get the time off.
    Any goverment big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have...T Jefferson

Just give me time to get the guest room ready(Me 1 hour, TDW a week) and stock up on bacon and we are ready for you Joe.

Tell Liz TDW and TGF are waiting to take her shopping. There are a lot of indian roughens in the area they can visit.

We can head out to the camp and wait on them.

Don

Sounds good bud, she has 2 weeks of in July not sure if we are going north or west this year.

Well Joe you have my E dress Just give me a week notice so TDW does not have a cow tring to make room in the guest room.

Don