Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want to lead an off-grid community?

Blog Entries

Cool Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticwarrior View Post
    See, we could do it the Bear Grylls way. We could have a giant RV tour bus follow us wherever we go, and have choppers on standby to take us to a cushy nearby hotel at night once the cameras have stopped rolling. Bring along a professional survival expert to give us the tips we pass off as our own, a paramedic in case we do something monumentally stupid and get hurt, a camera crew so we don't have to carry all that heavy camera equipment and set up our own shots or anything, and a rigging crew to help us put on the emergency rappelling harnesses on and belaying us so it LOOKS like we are recklessly climbing down vines or swinging through trees. A few sherpas to carry a bunch of regular expedition-style camping gear in case we run into real weather or other situations and guns to take out the dangerous animals we might run into, and we are all set and ready to go. Then, put on a shirt and pants that look like they might restrict the blood flow to the brain, have a willingness (or even enthusiasm!) to drink your own pee at the drop of a hat, get out your self-titled parang knife and other 'official' gear made for you by some sponsor, and head out with the cameras firmly behind you but in front of your giant entourage, so no one knows you are going 'surviving' the wilds with a small personal army supporting you.

I think we could do that kind of show!!!! I'd sign up to be the front man for something like that. Get the money, the girls, the fame, the fans, and all that just for being the guy in front of the camera! Woooooooo.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Okay, so who want to lead an off grid villiage full of young, well built, rich good lookin hotties, and of course the villiage leader will be the only man there? Would you do it?
    More like a village idiot to go for something like that. (that includes the women)

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all of your responses to our thread. While the majority of you have expressed that you would rather not be a part of our series, we wanted to provide you with more information on our project and dispell any false ideas you may have about what we're trying to accomplish. We are currently looking for passionate people who are fed up with the modern world and want to remove themselves to create a better living environment for themselves, and possibly a community of others. As a disclaimer, we are only interested in documenting REAL endeavours, such as your own, and have no intentions of making a mockery or putting a 'reality TV spin' on your situation. We seek to learn and educate the world, and plan to be completely naturalistic in the stories we pursue. This is NOT a 'manufactured' situation like the TV show, "The Colony".

If you or someone that you know would be interested in speaking with us and telling us more about your fascinating story OR have any further questions, please email us at casting@raw.co.uk .

Thanks,
    Raw TV Casting

Quote Originally Posted by Raw TV View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all of your responses to our thread. While the majority of you have expressed that you would rather not be a part of our series, we wanted to provide you with more information on our project and dispell any false ideas you may have about what we're trying to accomplish. We are currently looking for passionate people who are fed up with the modern world and want to remove themselves to create a better living environment for themselves, and possibly a community of others. As a disclaimer, we are only interested in documenting REAL endeavours, such as your own, and have no intentions of making a mockery or putting a 'reality TV spin' on your situation. We seek to learn and educate the world, and plan to be completely naturalistic in the stories we pursue. This is NOT a 'manufactured' situation like the TV show, "The Colony".

If you or someone that you know would be interested in speaking with us and telling us more about your fascinating story OR have any further questions, please email us at casting@raw.co.uk .

Thanks,
    Raw TV Casting
    Every week or two we get a new member that is wanting to do exactly what you are looking for. I really hope you find the person you are searching for. We will be sure to direct them to this thread when the next one stops in.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Okay, so who want to lead an off grid villiage full of young, well built, rich good lookin hotties, and of course the villiage leader will be the only man there? Would you do it?

They have a show like that its called sisterwives

I think TresMon, one of our members, and the community he is spending some time with sound like they fit the bill.
    Why not pm him and see what he thinks about it?

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Raw TV View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
    Raw TV Casting
    Now I seriously do not mean to give offense, and there may just be a member here that wants to do what you're looking for. However, have you really thought about what you're asking? Somebody that "hard-core" about leaving society would obviously not be interested in doing a reality show like you describe, that would be a contradiction in terms! No, I'm not interested since I'm not "passionate about leaving society," and really love my creature comforts as well. Sometimes we get people like that who don't hang around long since they don't get all that much support...usually because of the way that they go about asking. Also, think about the Amish, for example, the really "hard-core" ones don't even have electricity, telephone, and/or internet access; yet they fit the bill that you describe perfectly. Anyway, I do wish you the best of luck with that and, BTW, I LIKED "The Colony!"(Not really, just couldn't resist!)

Okay you yahoos, any takers, send these guys an e-mail! They've had the guts to come on here 3 times and that's twice more than anybody else if I'm remembering right! I give them "A" for intestinal fortitude!"

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Actually I would look into trying to find homeless veterans there are plenty of them that actually have large groups that are off grid and could use any help that they can get. I wish I knew how to get ahold of some of them but honestly they could use all the publicity that they can get as they are just getting by every day.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Every week or two we get a new member that is wanting to do exactly what you are looking for. I really hope you find the person you are searching for. We will be sure to direct them to this thread when the next one stops in.
    Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    I think TresMon, one of our members, and the community he is spending some time with sound like they fit the bill.
    Why not pm him and see what he thinks about it?
    This is really helpful, thanks for the tip.

Man I am going to sign up for Survivor, and P*ss everybody off the first day I'm there so I can get kicked out of the tribe! Noe that would be surviving!
    Dumb move, economically speaking. First off, they don't put you up in a hotel most of the time. You are in the base camp tents like the production crew. Next, you are still stuck there for a month, plus the extra week or two they use to winnow out the final group going to the location and travel time. That means being out of work for that amount of time, if you are young enough to have a regular job. If you get kicked off first, they pay you scale wages, which is pretty good compared to burger flipping money, but I wouldn't take it. They send you back home if you aren't in the final group that will comprise the jury, so being first off just means signing your non-disclosure agreement and being sent off on the next plane home. At least you wouldn't be gone long enough to lose your day job, but it would still stink. Now, the newest iteration had people staying around a lot longer on "Castaway Island" where the folks who have been eliminated stay and compete against each other for the right to try one more time at the end to outmaneuver the folks who are still left playing the game. Nice because they keep you around if you can keep winning challenges, but still not going to make anyone rich until you are in the final 4. At that point, you start getting decent bonus money for lasting that long.

However, it has become a breeding ground for self-absorbed model-slash-'actors/actresses' who have no interest in surviving anything, just getting screen exposure for a deal afterward, and thus it is hardly worth the time for someone who is a real survivalist/woodsperson.Back in the day, you didn't get food, water, fire, or shelter, so you had to either make due or win challenges to get some supplies. Now, they give everyone everything right from the start, and there is nothing REMOTELY resembling survival on the show now.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticwarrior View Post
    Dumb move, economically speaking. First off, they don't put you up in a hotel most of the time. You are in the base camp tents like the production crew. Next, you are still stuck there for a month, plus the extra week or two they use to winnow out the final group going to the location and travel time. That means being out of work for that amount of time, if you are young enough to have a regular job. If you get kicked off first, they pay you scale wages, which is pretty good compared to burger flipping money, but I wouldn't take it. They send you back home if you aren't in the final group that will comprise the jury, so being first off just means signing your non-disclosure agreement and being sent off on the next plane home. At least you wouldn't be gone long enough to lose your day job, but it would still stink. Now, the newest iteration had people staying around a lot longer on "Castaway Island" where the folks who have been eliminated stay and compete against each other for the right to try one more time at the end to outmaneuver the folks who are still left playing the game. Nice because they keep you around if you can keep winning challenges, but still not going to make anyone rich until you are in the final 4. At that point, you start getting decent bonus money for lasting that long.

However, it has become a breeding ground for self-absorbed model-slash-'actors/actresses' who have no interest in surviving anything, just getting screen exposure for a deal afterward, and thus it is hardly worth the time for someone who is a real survivalist/woodsperson.Back in the day, you didn't get food, water, fire, or shelter, so you had to either make due or win challenges to get some supplies. Now, they give everyone everything right from the start, and there is nothing REMOTELY resembling survival on the show now.
    So which season were you on?.....LOL......Please don't destroy my fantasy......(man had this all thought out, too)
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The way I read this "invitation" the producers are looking for a situation that is already in existance. One that you are funding, working and supporting, not them.

I see no indication that they are inclined to supply anything, except filming, editing and presenting what you are already doing.

I am not making a statement pro or con, just saying what I see in the posts from RawTV.

Celtic Warrior, I stopped watching the Survival Island thing in their first episode, when they "voted off" the female survival instructor that was a civilian contrat advisor at Ft Campbell for the 5th Special Forces.

When "Richard" came out of the closet I knew he would be the winner and never watched another episode from then till now. I generally do not view "reality TV" in any form. I can't even cope with Top Shot.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 08-07-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    The way I read this "invitation" the producers are looking for a situation that is already in existance. One that you are funding, working and supporting, not them.

I see no indication that they are inclined to supply anything, except filming, editing and presenting what you are already doing.

I am not making a statement pro or con, just saying what I see in the posts from RawTV.

Celtic Warrior, I stopped watching the Survival Island thing in their first episode, when they "voted off" the female survival instructor that was a civilian contrat advisor at Ft Campbell for the 5th Special Forces.

When "Richard" came out of the closet I knew he would be the winner and never watched another episode from then till now. I generally do not view "reality TV" in any form. I can't even cope with Top Shot.
    Top Shot lost me with the whiny baby "Navy SEAL" who basically had the strategy to P.O. everyone into HITTING him so they would get kicked off the show. He cried INCESSENTLY about how unfair it was that he kept getting sent up for elimination while others he felt were more deserving were kept on. When confronted about things being a COMPETITION, just a contest ... not life and death, he was unapologetic for his behaviors and unsportsmanlike attitudes. If that is the kind of Navy SEAL they are cranking out these days, I am frightened beyond words. All the guys I know that were ever in a SpecOp group were Type A, sometimes control freaks, but NEVER acted like this guy. He reminded me of a Mall Ninja, trying to impress everyone with his title and supposed training, but in the end, unable to deal with real world situations. I lost complete interest in the show once that all started. I don't even know where he ended up in the standings. I hope they finally axed him, but hey it's television...they probably gave the guy his own spin-off show!
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"