Thread: EYE Candy for Log Cabin Dreamers.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default EYE Candy for Log Cabin Dreamers.

http://mb.horolezci.cz/articles/cabin-alaska

This is NOT me or anyone I know, but I found this while looking for photos of classic log caches.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Wow, Just WOW!!

Very cool, I just had the Amish build mine......Then the brought it by semi....
    Yeah I know thats cheating.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Nice man, that seems like it would be an awesome experience, but I would much rather buy a cabin myself. Thank you for sharing.
    "I would rather live in dangerous freedom than I would peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
    "The purpose of life is a life with a purpose, so i'd rather die for a cause than live a life that is worthless." - Immortal Technique

Actually I would have rather built my own, but I didn't have the logs, or have them growing near by, didn't have a way to process them (peel and notch), or time, so it was more cost effective to buy one from the Amish.....and much quicker.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

that's awesome, I've built several over the years. Right from dropping the logs and dragging them out with mules, horses, tractors and orvs. I find it relaxing.

There is a russian forum called piterhunt.com, there may be some photos of classic log caches there.

All three of my Grandpa's log houses are still homes being live in. Only his stick built farmhouse burned to the ground. I miss my log home, but it was in the wrong county in the wrong state and the neighborhood went to hell as soon as someone paid to have grid-power brought in.

I have all these nice straight logs decked in my yard and a dumpy house that needs fixing....What a quandry!

Great story thanks for posting it SD.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

Cool story SD. Hope some of the dreamers read every word of that story. Could open some eyes.

OT
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Very cool find.
    Were it not in the land of ice and snow I'd be lookin into gettin the abandoned cabin...lol
    D.O.M..