Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TS Can HTF Anyplace And Anytime

Default TS Can HTF Anyplace And Anytime

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20...movie-theater/

Not a whole lot of details yet. In a tragedy like this I wonder if a trained, ccw holder was at the scene if the carnage could have been lessened. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I can't even begin to image how someone comes to the conclusion something like this is the right course of action.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Mental illness. You can't rationalize it away any more than say, cancer. Unfortunately, people don't take it seriously until something catastrophic happens.

My heart felt regret goes out to those families.

My DH and DD were at the Chicago premiere last night. This really hits home. Prayers for all.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post

Not a whole lot of details yet. In a tragedy like this I wonder if a trained, ccw holder was at the scene if the carnage could have been lessened. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
    Also makes you wonder even if you were that person....able to stop someone like this....what kind of a world of carp would you be in just being involved, if you even lived?
    Would you choose to get involved?

Sadly these people lost their live for no good reason.....none,.... My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Other than the name & age of the "suspect" nothing has been revealed about him.
    When the facts do come out, here's one thing that won't be said about him (or I'll eat my boots):
    A sociable, happy-go-lucky guy with a bright future ahead of him and a circle of friends, who remember him as a great guy who'll take the shirt of his back to help you.

Well we will probably hear he had all the warning signs but there was nothing we could do until he did something wrong.

I remember seeing a lot of establishments in states I have been in that had signs stating no fire arms allowed, even if you do have a permit to carry. It's a shame that too many people are afraid of the law abiding gun carrying individuals who might actually be able to do something in an event like this. While I agree that people should have an option to carry concealed or not legally, too me it kind of defeats the purpose if you have to leave it locked in your trunk a football field away while your inside being shot at.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Other than the name & age of the "suspect" nothing has been revealed about him.
    When the facts do come out, here's one thing that won't be said about him (or I'll eat my boots):
    A sociable, happy-go-lucky guy with a bright future ahead of him and a circle of friends, who remember him as a great guy who'll take the shirt of his back to help you.
    Actually, the shooters mom will step up and say those things. As far as a CCW holder to stop the situation. Well, way more often than not, these things occur in gun free zones. It leaves lawful and sane persons hopeless and helpless.

For the family of the victims, my prayers and condolences.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

i SAW ON NEWS THEY THINK THEY TALKED TO SUSPECTS MOTHER AND SHE SAID YOU GOT THE RIGHT GUY. I do not think B will need to eat her boots.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Also makes you wonder even if you were that person....able to stop someone like this....what kind of a world of carp would you be in just being involved, if you even lived?
    Would you choose to get involved?

Sadly these people lost their live for no good reason.....none,.... My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.
    While it's been a long time since I trained intensely in this area, I am fairly certain that I would.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

While it's been a long time since I trained intensely in this area, I am fairly certain that I would.
    So say you stop this guy, and the SWAT shows up, they don know if you are part of the probelm or part of the solution.

If they don't just shot you right there, be prepared tp spend a lot of time and money defending your self.....or getting your weapon back.

Case in Millwaukee guy still waithing to get his weapon back after going to the defense of some people......Gun is evidence.

So I guess if it was him or me, or my family?,.... it's gonna be him, NO Dought....alone in a crowd...Hummm, Gonna have to think about that.

So say you stop this guy, and the SWAT shows up, they don know if you are part of the probelm or part of the solution.

If they don't just shot you right there, be prepared tp spend a lot of time and money defending your self.....or getting your weapon back.

Case in Millwaukee guy still waithing to get his weapon back after going to the defense of some people......Gun is evidence.

So I guess if it was him or me, or my family?,.... it's gonna be him, NO Dought....alone in a crowd...Hummm, Gonna have to think about that.

I can sure live with a gun in an evidence locker and a butt load of BS, What I couldnt live with is myself for doing nothing! as for being shot by SWAT, I dont plan on still having my weapon in my hand when they get there it will be back in its holster, and it is safe to say I will be standing there with my hands in the air as soon as I see them.
    Last edited by welderguy; 07-20-2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Hit the button to soon
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I hear ya boys......that is a decision that comes with a CCW permit....playing the devil advocate here.

I see that gun control folks are already beating the drum.......

Yep!! there like flies on S*#T when this type stuff happens.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

i really surprised that the political press conferences did jump already....Guess they are waiting for the second round........Done with any mention of politics...

The guy was a PhD grad student, no criminal record or mental illness history. There seems to be no particular reason for his rampage. He was armored (ballistics helmet, bulletproof vest and leggings, gas mask), well armed (Glock .40, AR 15, Shotgun), and had gas and smoke grenades that he popped as soon as he entered the theater showing Batman. Now, someone HAD to have seen this guy dressed like something out of Mad Max walking into the building and all the way to the theater, but no one stopped him or called the cops immediately? Many people are already asking why wasn't ANYONE armed in there that could stop this guy, but I think the reason is that they were IN A MOVIE THEATER! Who expects a shooting spree to break out there??? Sadly for the 50 people injured and dozen folks killed so far (including a 6 year old kid) nobody WAS able to stop him.

As for why he did it? CRAZY. He had dyed his hair red and told arresting officers that he was the FREAKIN' JOKER!!! Whackjob!

So I guess the moral of the story is a) always go to social events armed to the teeth of b) become a hermit and wait for everything to come out on Netflix.

PS: Romney has now officially pulled all his ads from Colorado. Wonder what he was saying in those ads that he thought he needed to yank them in light of the shootings?
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

It's easy to say sitting here what I'd do. Doing it is something else. But I don't think I'd enjoy being dead. I know one thing. When I knocked him down with a couple of rounds and he got back up I'd sure be thinking the Walking Dead. It might take a couple more rounds before I'd be thinking bullet proof vest. By then I'm pretty sure I'd be jumping up and down on him.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I hear ya boys......that is a decision that comes with a CCW permit....playing the devil advocate here.

I never knew they stopped beating the drum!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten