Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for Ultra Serious Survivalists

I honestly put this post on to be able to connect with at least one person about some survival ideas. Survival of a law abiding citizen who just cares to stay free and care for family and friends. But I see that I was a fool for thinking any such thing is possible here, as folks are into just another click here that you have to belong to. Are we not all on the same sinking boat?
    No wonder America has no hope left.
    I don’t advocate shooting others just because you didn’t plan ahead sufficiently. We create our own battle fields and we will die on those fields just as those who prepared not. We loose either way. Why? Because we did it to save ourselves, when victory is only found in saving others.

Seems to me that we all drank her wine and slept in her bed and maybe even cared for her. And yet now she is the whore and we are conveniently the “victims”. Who is innocent but the children?
    Those who think of themselves as “serious” better think ten times as hard, for chaos doesn’t consider anyone a victim, and neither does eternity.

I guess I would have to question the Why.... of "contacting at least one serious person", no friends/family/partners in your area?
    Oh ya I thinking that most of us will be just fine, so..... Good luck with that.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Enough was enough. I've never seen anyone whine and complain so much.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Poorly executed FOG tactics on his part. I'm sure he'll find a group of individuals who will enthusiastically give up their Magic Beans.

Yeah, well, when the PM's started comming in (any one else get one or two?)......later for you,..... was waiting for the, What's your address?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rick, roughly where on the planet was Bilbow's IP located.........????

so I wasn't supposed to give him my CC#?

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Rick, roughly where on the planet was Bilbow's IP located.........????
    The West side of Missouri.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

If new members are PM'ing you like this just let a mod know. Had I known he was doing that he would have been gone sooner.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Probably should have done this sooner, but we give everybody a chance to do things right...say goodbye dil...er...uh...bilbow!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

SD - It's hard to determine where he actually is. He is coming in dial up and using dynamic IPs. His server is in Bloomfield, Mo, which is almost in the bootheel. Since he's dial up it's likely he is in the immediate vicinity but he could be dialing in from anywhere. A dig through some of Level 3's stuff would pinpoint him easily but I'm not interested in him enough to want to dig that deep.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Thanks...............(That should put him mid way between "Bat'Cat" & "Spud")

rick, send you copies....FWIW....Yeah Homey don't play that, here either.

I'm always amused at how some people think that going onto the internet, finding a 'survival oriented' group, and asking for (or DEMANDING) a response about a subject like "Serious" prepping for some unknown disaster or government insurrection is just going to get them a flood of positive replies. There are people who spend their lives putting together preps for such things, arming themselves to the teeth and building every kooky gadget and deadly munition they can find in the Anarchists Cookbook and Poor Man's James Bond guides, but I can't imagine ONE of them wanting to discuss it openly with some guy they just met over the 'Net. Even if you thought they were on the up and up, and not some government shill looking for folks to bust with illegal items, why would you tell some jerkweed who hasn't even given a proper introduction information about your plans and preparations? Wouldn't that completely negate your OpSec and render all your hard-laid plans useless? Better that people just believe you have a good hunting rifle and know how to use it, than to tell them all about the minefield you laid out in the backyard and the improvised grenades you have ready to drop out of the soffet vents onto potential intruders. Guys like Bilbow aren't looking tp share information anyway. They are either looking to brag about all the 'cool' things they have done to secure their property, or they are looking for you to tell them how to do it so they don't have to put in the work.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Mines and grenades were in the canoe, too. You'd really think the military would want some of that stuff to float but noooooooo. And thanks for telling everyone about the soffit vents. Now I have to figure something else out.

He deployed FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt) too soon to be an experienced agent.

My take is a lazy predator trolling for easy marks. Why spend your own time and money if you can manipulate info from others then take their stuff?

Whatever his agenda, he sucks at it.

You guys who scuttled your canoes are smart... at least you know where you cache is... hehe

Also, I stopped taking him serious when he said that the economic collapse we are going to face is different from anything that has happened. Sorry, but it all boils down into only a few outcomes.

Agreed. No matter how bad things get here, I can't imagine it being WORSE by very much than the hyperinflation states that faced Weimar Germany prior to WW2, or modern Zimbabwe when it cost MILLIONS in paper currency to buy a loaf of bread. If we ever get to that point, saying it might be worse would be like saying you are burning in a lava pit, but it could be worse: you could be doused in gasoline! Not much difference there.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Blog Entries

Cool Silence!

It is with a heavy heart that we must view the passing of dil...er...uh...BIL-bow! For he was the guru of "Survivalism!" Yea, he was the all-knowing of what was needed! He walked on water where the rest of us would but drown! We were but dog dung under his holy sandals! He was holy above all rules and customs of ANY forum! How do I know this? Why, he told me so himself!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Scuttled...scuttled, what you talkin' bout, willis,..... weren't no scuttled,..... it was a bone a fida tectonic plate shift the caused the massive wave that sent the beloved craft to the deep, and yeah,... pretty deep,.....Them plates shfiting around so much it's even hard to stand up, especially in the wee hours at bar closing time......yeah that's the ticket,...twernt no scuttling going on, honest....