Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for Ultra Serious Survivalists

google ferfal, he has some interesting accounts. Also there is a serbian (if memory serves) that also talks about some first hand accounts. I'll try to scare up the serbs name.

Pretty sure that no one on open public forum, regardless of how 'serious' they are will be putting up posts on how to harden your site, create boobytraps and mankillers, or discuss things like homemade ordinance. It is one thing to know how to do all of that, and to talk about it amongst long-time friends and survival buddies, but to put it up on a public site is inviting a $#itstorm of epic proportions with dire legal ramifications. Imagine if one of the sites the Aurora shooter visited was a survival site such as this filled with plans on how to boobytrap and rig your home to kill would-be intruders? Can you imagine the kinds of legal problems that would cause for its members and owner?
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Quote Originally Posted by Celticwarrior View Post
    Pretty sure that no one on open public forum, regardless of how 'serious' they are will be putting up posts on how to harden your site, create boobytraps and mankillers, or discuss things like homemade ordinance. It is one thing to know how to do all of that, and to talk about it amongst long-time friends and survival buddies, but to put it up on a public site is inviting a $#itstorm of epic proportions with dire legal ramifications. Imagine if one of the sites the Aurora shooter visited was a survival site such as this filled with plans on how to boobytrap and rig your home to kill would-be intruders? Can you imagine the kinds of legal problems that would cause for its members and owner?
    I have to agree whole heartily with this statement there is no reason to invite trouble

Blog Entries

Cool Also...

Quote Originally Posted by balendor View Post
    I have to agree whole heartily with this statement there is no reason to invite trouble
    Not to mention that the US Government monitors this site religiously! They probably now have a whole file on you. Just sayin'. I was going to get into "hard core survival-ism" but all of my preps got lost in a canoe accident! Word of advice, never put everything you own in a canoe and try to shoot Horseshoe Falls in Toronto...bad idea!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Not to mention that the US Government monitors this site religiously! They probably now have a whole file on you. Just sayin'. I was going to get into "hard core survival-ism" but all of my preps got lost in a canoe accident! Word of advice, never put everything you own in a canoe and try to shoot Horseshoe Falls in Toronto...bad idea!
    Sadly, the same thing happened to my entire armory during a fishing boat accident on Lake Superior, as my friends here from the other site can attest. One has to wonder why I would bring all my guns and ammo to go pike fishing, but I can only say it seemed like a good thing to do at the time.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

It called the TCA in these parts.....it when the earth plates shift causing a turbulence and suck down canoes and boats all over the country....
    Happens in Canada too.....?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    It called the TCA in these parts.....it when the earth plates shift causing a turbulence and suck down canoes and boats all over the country....
    Happens in Canada too.....?
    I think that I had the wrong kind of canoe, I had the "round bottom" type. I now believe that if I had one of those with the 2" centerboard Me and my 3000 pounds of gear would have made it. Unfortunately I also drowned so I can't re-try it!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I didn't respond because I don't prep. I never have. I spend all of my time and money finding lost puppies for children.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of person my dog thinks I'am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbow View Post
    I sure hope there are serious folks on here because the times demand all of us to be very serious. I will email those who I feel may understand where I am coming from. You are welcome to email me as well, for the things I care to discuss wouldn't be appreciate on this forum.
    Please do not do that. If you start contacting members in the manner that you describe it will be treated as SPAM. If the things you want to discuss are illegal, involve politics, or religion - you are right - they will not be appreciated on this forum. If that is all you came to discuss, you may be in the wrong place, which is sad - you may be able to learn a lot here.

If you want to get to know people, join in the conversations. You will quickly find out who is serious, and so will we.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The Serbs name is selco. I'm sure a google search will bring up something.

Personally I think this whole prepping thing is far to serious. It can be a real downer. I much prefer people with a sense of humor who can maintain a bit of perspective. Something might hit the fan. Then again it might not. I'd like to enjoy life either way.

I am well prepared and I laugh in the face of adversity! Ha! Ha!

(How's that, Geek? I combined prepping and humor!)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Lawn chair and brewskies on 12/21/2012.....Then wake up LeRoy......he ain't never seen TEOTWAWKI
    Could be a once in life time experiance
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I would like to connect with a couple ultra serious survivalists to exchange personal ideas which go far being the basics of survival. Let's face it, what is put out there for the general public is fine for serious campers, but hardly prepare one for the total chaos America may soon be facing.

I am looking for a few that are already set up, as I have no time to talk about knives, water filters or guns. I need to bounce off some tactical survival ideas.

Thanks
    Dear Mr Baggins,

Sorry I'm late to the show. Serious Survivalists. Is vague and is defined by every individual that reads the post based on their interpretation. I wish I could offer something but I am not serious and some what fictional.

Gandolph The lesser known Wizzerd
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

So then Wizards and the world of men. We shall keep silent about what we are not to talk about. We shall all gladly march to Armageddon without a twitch.

What is left to say when we know we can’t afford to trust anyone?
    What is left to fight for when we have already given up?
    Can someone tell me again why I fought for this country?

It seems to me that the Government has never been the problem, but those who stood by until there was nothing left to trust in.

I consider myself a serious survivalist.... I try very hard every day not to die....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Bilbow, Thanks for you're service.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Blog Entries

Cool Dang...

So then Wizards and the world of men. We shall keep silent about what we are not to talk about. We shall all gladly march to Armageddon without a twitch.

What is left to say when we know we can’t afford to trust anyone?
    What is left to fight for when we have already given up?
    Can someone tell me again why I fought for this country?

It seems to me that the Government has never been the problem, but those who stood by until there was nothing left to trust in.

...now where'd I put that violin? Trust is earned dude, I don't trust anybody that I don't know anything about. Deal with it!

"It seems to me that the Government has never been the problem," This is a joke, right?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

I think I just figured out part of the problem, some come on here thinking that it's all going to be "on their terms!" They don't have to tell us anything about their selves, They can thumb their noses at the forum rules, and they can diss the membership on here when we just don't fall all over ourselves to respond to their demands! News flash! It don't work that way! I wouldn't treat anybody else that way, so I don't expect to be treated like that by anybody else. Homey don't play that!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Personally I think this whole prepping thing is far to serious. It can be a real downer. I much prefer people with a sense of humor who can maintain a bit of perspective. Something might hit the fan. Then again it might not. I'd like to enjoy life either way.

That should be "TOO" seriously.