Thread: This %^$#&^%&^&^!!!

Default This %^$#&^%&^&^!!!

Every time I click on "general guns and ammo" I get a dang search page, that says...

Sorry, we couldn't find https://www.theoutdooraffiliate.com/...spx%3FType%3D1. Here are some related websites:
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Try clearing your cache and reload the page.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Try clearing your cache and reload the page.
    Didn't help.

Here's the address it keeps sending me to.

http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk/...pe=21&APID=970
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

You have that stuck in your machine some place. Try a different browser. No one else is having a problem.

I've loaded 4 different browsers and hit it just fine on each.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Don't fall for it 2D! You know that Rick feller is pretty sneaky! Probably up to his little tricks again.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Curses! Foiled again. Another perfectly good plot.....spoiled by Natertot. (I'm working on my rhyming thingy).

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Don't fall for it 2D! You know that Rick feller is pretty sneaky! Probably up to his little tricks again.
    Nah...It's just another one of the problems that pop up when using Internet explorer and viewing this forum. Plenty of people have had strange problems. The answer seems to be...if you want to use internet explorer, you take what you can get here, or move on to another forum.

Funny, that other forums don't seem to have a problem with I.E.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

In the computer section, of a big box store...

2dumb- I need a new 'puter.
    Salesperson-O.K. What do you need it to do?
    2dumb- I need it to go to the guns and ammo section of the wilderness survival forum, on the internet.
    Salesperson- Well, any computer with internet access will do that.
    2dumb- Not true. I have one at home, that will go anywhere on the world wide web, except the guns and ammo section of the wilderness survival forum.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    Nah...It's just another one of the problems that pop up when using Internet explorer and viewing this forum. Plenty of people have had strange problems. The answer seems to be...if you want to use internet explorer, you take what you can get here, or move on to another forum.

Funny, that other forums don't seem to have a problem with I.E.
    I'd offer my technical expertise on the matter, but sadly it is lacking.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had a problem like that, it was a flippin spywear BS , it redirects your browser .
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

2D - Go get a copy of CCCleaner. It's free. Then get a free copy of Ad Aware. Make certain your virus definitions are updated, too.

CCCleaner:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Ad Aware:

http://www.lavasoft.com/

Run them and see if they will get rid of the problem. I agree with Welderguy (mark that on your calendar, WG). You probably are being misdirected. It's like starting out for New York and winding up in L.A. Well, actually it's nothing like that but you know what I mean.

It does sound like spyware of some sort.

What precise browser version are you using?

Actually no.

So...

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...nclick_check=1

The site that was advertising went out of business, and a quirk/bug/defect in your browser caused the iframes showing the ads to expand to cover the entire screen when it couldn't load the ads. Nice. I think I had an old ammo order with those guys too. I'm unsure if they ever fully shipped it to me. I had ordered guns from them too, but after a month of not shipping it I cancelled, they had a habit of listing things as in stock when they weren't. They never in the end paid for the ads either.

So I removed the ads and fixed things.

I'm cured!
    Thanks, Chris.

(And I have no idea what browser I have, other than some version of I.E.)LOL
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"