Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somethings only happen in South Florida.

Another possibility for the larger ants is Harvester Ants. Typically Carpenter Ants do not build mounds.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Probably only in Florida that a man can have his arm eaten by an alligator and get charged with feeding that gator. LOL

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07...-off-his-hand/

Also, this happens with deer, panthers, bear and other critters because people cut the fences near bridges to fish. But, it happens more than it should.

http://www.fox4now.com/news/local/163945356.html

Fire ants. I bought some mulch this spring and never thought about fire ants till I opened the second bag. Whoda thunk they'd be in a closed bag. Never did bother to count the stings on my hands and arms. Little &^%$^&*(*%##^^*^$$%(&!!!!!!!!!

Think I was watching dirty jobs a couple years back when they were doing something around gater nests. Anyway one of the guys stepped up on top of the gater nest and got a foot full of fire ants. Camera looked his way a couple times. Not a happy guy for sure. I have an idea how he felt.

OT
    Last edited by oldtrap59; 07-30-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

That's why I don't live in Florida!!! Gonna be kinda hard for the guy to claim he had no hand in the matter.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

.....and gators to live by.......wait for it.......never bite the hand that feeds you.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So do I, brother. So do I. That's why I live in Indiana. That's also why I won't live in the south. Well, that and fire ants, killer bees, monster boa pythons, Gambian rats, Coral snakes, sharks, jelly fish, barracuda, Nile monitor lizards...hey, I'm just gettin' warmed up.
    What he said.

[Spoken by one who grew up in Dixie, and who understands -- in detail -- that of which Rick speaks.]

PS: Rick, ya forgot the nutria - sort of a cross between a rat, a possum and a beaver. They won't hurt folks; they'll just ugly 'em to death.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 08-01-2012 at 07:05 PM.