Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos?

Wow this thread blew up, i like everyones ideas and opinions, good to hear
    Dieing is easy, Living is the hard part.
    Rock the 40oz, its the change that counts.
    Life is a grave and I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticwarrior View Post
    Putting tats on that give away your ID or service training is a bad idea for active service members.
    True, I had that done after I had been out for 7 yrs.

Didn't know it would turn into a tattoo bashing thread. Thanks goodness I care little for what people think about me and the things I do.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

No tat bashing. Just don't understand them or the piercings. Not that I need to. I don't have either. But....let me put this in perspective....

"I'm going to stick you over and over with this needle. Hows that?"
    "I'm going to kick your @#$23 4523@#$@23 42342 @#$@#@! How's that?"

vs.

"How much to stick me over and over with a needle and leave this tattoo?"

By far the best tattoo ever put on a human has to be Steve O from Jackass fame. On his butt is the tattoo "Your Name". No matter what gal he talks to he can honestly say, "I have you name tattooed on my azz."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    True, I had that done after I had been out for 7 yrs.

Didn't know it would turn into a tattoo bashing thread. Thanks goodness I care little for what people think about me and the things I do.
    As I said, I have 3 personally, but no service tats. I have no problem with tats at all. Yours looks cool and I am sure it has great personal significance.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Tatoos are a personal thing. I would no more pass judgement on them than the way you choose to wear your hair or worship your God.

Blog Entries

Cool Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    Tatoos are a personal thing. I would no more pass judgement on them than the way you choose to wear your hair or worship your God.
    Agreed, My choice is for me...period. I care not what others do, that's their choice...and that's what this country guarantees...the freedom of choice! Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I have nothing against tats both my boys have them,andI can't guarantee that my daughter doesn't have one,my boyfriend has one and I have thought about it myself,but that whole needle thing wins everytime.....
    Last edited by nell67; 07-21-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

CELTICWARRIOR - " Putting tats on that give away your ID or service training is a bad idea for active service members. ...But a lot of guys still won't ink themselves no matter how long they are out."
    I have a good friend who is a retired Navy SEAL: Vietnam service, among other places. Once during a conversation, something came up about "tattoos." (Neither he nor I have any "tatts.") He said that when he finished BUD/S, he and the few who finished were told to never, ever, get any tattoo of any kind that would in any way, identify them as a SEAL. They were told if they did get a "tatt" that would identify them as a SEAL, they would be dropped from the Team. They were all going to be going to Vietnam, after completing all their SEAL training, and if they were captured, it was imperative they were not identified as a SEAL.

I don't care if others want to get tattoos: I just don't want any.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 07-21-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

Snipers are taught the same thing. Having anything that IDs you in a warzone as a sniper is pretty much the worst thing you could ever have. That's why you don't wear a flash or patch that says "sniper" in the field. It's a death sentance first off, but before they kill you, they will wring whatever info they can out of you in the most painful way possible. The only thing worse would be being out of uniform and being charged as a spy, where you have no protection under the Geneva convention whatsoever.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    There will come a point in your life when you don't care about what anyone knows or thinks about you.
    When you're comfortable in your own skin with nothing to prove, is when you've finally arrived.
    I reached that point many years ago. Now I have 9 tatts.
    Arm band of Elk horns , because I love picking up horns and cutting them up for handles.
    Arm band of a chain and boomer , I worked the drilling rigs for years and was the "chain chucker" on the floor.
    A small ( 4" ) heart with a blown small block in it , I have a hot rod heart : )
    The scene of a mourning soldier at a grave on my left forearm , my son and his buddies hit an IED in a Hummer , killed the kid under him , he was running the 50 on the roof. He was injured but not seriously.
    An american flag on my right forearm , Im proud.
    A couple of damascus daggers on my forearm , I love damascus knives.
    A big ol brown bear on my left calf , thats my dream hunt...someday.
    A dead cowboy on my shoulder.......I was 18
    A colage of Metallica album covers with the band members in the middle on my stomach , 18 hours worth , I LOVE Metallica.

I'm sure I will get more before I'm dead , I love em all.
    9-11-01 We will never forget , So watch your backs, you know who you are.
    Member American Bladesmiths Society Apprentice Smith
    Work Smarter NOT Harder
    www.OliverKnives.com

It's common sense.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I think I saw some of your tatts on another forum Dwane.

Bear hunt eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwane Oliver View Post
    A colage of Metallica album covers with the band members in the middle on my stomach , 18 hours worth , I LOVE Metallica

From you picture I would have NEVER guessed a Metallica fan! HAHA Thats Awsome.....

Willie
    Yor are only a failure when you stop getting back up!
    I'm not a hoarder........ "I'M A COLLECTOR"

No tattoos here, nor piercings.
    My only body modifications are two surgery scars. One on my right leg "sport accident", one on my back "too big mole".
    I have a lot of moles, so it is not advised to have a tattoo.
    Everybody has a different way to view the world...

Blog Entries

I have a Tat on my ar...

Oh heck. Come to the jamboree and I'll show you
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I'm making a list of all the things that start with AR. Just so no part of the show is missed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

At the age of 72, I do not give a rat's A-- what other people think about my tat's! They are personal and all have deep meanings to me. I have tat's on both forearms and upper arms and a celtic cross over my heart. None are offensive or particularly large. When I was much younger I had my blood type tattooed on my lower abdomen, which was reccomended as the most protected place on your body and was something I picked up from my participation in Civil Defense(1950's). That tat faded and is no longer visible. I will have to think about a personal identity tattoo. It is an interesting thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    I have a Tat on my ar...
    Is that AR15 or AR16?
    Since you can't own/carry in UK I can see how a tattoo would be comforting.

I don't have any, which really seems to suprise everyone. Every time I've been arrested they look at me and say "You don't have any?"...LOL! I guess big bearded guys are suppose to have 'em!

When I was much younger I did design one with full intentions of haveing it put on my back, just never did. Wanna see it...lol

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I'm a simple man, of simple means, turned my back on the machines, to follow my dreams.

All I can say is, WOW! You could keep a shrink in business for a long time, LOL.
    Seriously though, I'm sure the pic has a lot of personal meaning for you and you did a great job of bringing it to life. Your creativity goes beyond knives.