Thread: Be aware

Default Be aware

Be very aware of your surroundings.

http://news.yahoo.com/dangerous-boob...211044845.html

especially in utah.

D.O.M

Thanks for the heads up.
    jeremyn.webs.com

Gee God,thank goodness the right park official walked through the area,things could have gotten ugly fast.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

crazy, crazy people

I don't know which is scarier...If they were intentionaly tryin' for people or if they were "practicin' survival skills and goin' for a feral hog or other animal" as they claimed...either way it could have ended badly. Another news link said the law was warned of the traps when the guys posted something on facebook or some such. But It shows we have more to worry about from the two legged animals in the wild than just from nature.
    D.O.M.

It seems facebook is helping authorities catch a lot of wrong doers. I guess the criminal type and their need to brag is working against them and they just keep on posting on fcebook. Amazing!

It befuddles me (love that word) that they feel they can only charge them with misdemeanors. Had that park ranger not been a former soldier, trained in spotting booby traps and IEDs they would probably be facing murder charges.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Let's hope this progresses to a nice long paid vacation for the both of them. 10-20 years sounds about right to me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I don't know which is scarier...If they were intentionaly tryin' for people or if they were "practicin' survival skills and goin' for a feral hog or other animal"
    The traps were set to head level of a human!
    They weren't hunting hogs. Throw the book at them! Criminal Mischief, attempted murder etc!
    Don't run, you'll only die tired!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If you set one of these traps inside your business to catch a burgler they throw the book at you!

The charge is unlawful use of deadly force and it is a felony in every state.

Same charge as putting poison in a Tylonol bottle and placing in on a store shelf.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Apparently the prosecutor is more concerned with an easy conviction and probably no trial.
    From article: Prosecutors believed the misdemeanor reckless endangerment allegations were the strongest claims they could pursue without anyone being injured.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, thanks for the heads up, sicko's for sure....
    Was gonna post a link to this as I did recieve an email.....but you boys got it covered.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Booby traps of any sort anywhere are illegal. Rig up a shotgun in your house and let a burglar trigger it. Guess who gets to clean food trays at the state penitentiary for a few years?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Senior Member Thaddius Bickerton's Avatar

Been in the bush and see booby traps up close n personal. Very nasty things.

Hope America in general never sees that kind of war.

Thad.
    Thaddius Bickerton

found the other news link describing the second trap.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-interview-b...GVzdAM-;_ylv=3

No doubt it was intended for people.

D.O.M.

they had a case like the shotgun yrs ago after a burgler came in a guys house 4 times the home owner set up a trap the bugler was shot in the leg pled guilty the home owner went to jail for attempted murder the burgler sued and won in court for excessive force it used to be u make sure your invaders in the house -now you have to prove he or they were trying to kill u
    Last edited by old2531; 03-04-2013 at 01:05 AM.

thanks for the heads up ...
    THE PROSPECTOR ! !

Quote Originally Posted by old2531 View Post
    they had a case like the shotgun yrs ago after a burgler came in a guys house 4 times the home owner set up a trap the bugler was shot in the leg pled guilty the home owner went to jail for attempted murder the burgler sued and won in court for excessive force it used to be u make sure your invaders in the house -now you have to prove he or they were trying to kill u
    It's sad the way thing work out. Read a few stories like this in the paper over the years. The scales of justice is now tipped in favor of the criminal not the law abiding citizen.
    All through history it has been proven that the right to keep and bear arms is ultimately the only thing that keeps us free