Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we need a "E&E" sub-forum for advanced.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Do we need a "E&E" sub-forum for advanced.

What about a E&E sub-forum for those really wacky-crazy members.

What are we escaping and evading? Do we need a place to specifically list them all? If so, that scares me.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Why not create an E&E Group? Click on Community then Groups and start your own.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Can I make a Beer Drinkers United Group? B-DUG.
    Dieing is easy, Living is the hard part.
    Rock the 40oz, its the change that counts.
    Life is a grave and I dig it.

You can, but I'll probably end up deleting it. You're drinking again, aren't you?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

He's like that. He deleted my bacon group, my twinkies group and my sailor boy pilot bread group.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Nope, stuck our last 20 in the gas tank today. And I wont drink until after 5 and no that "its 5oclock somewhere" rule does not apply to me. I just love beer, and all my friends hate it. Haha, thanks for your concern tho crash, love yah bro, I LOVE YOU MAN! Lets start a Bacon and Beer with a side of Twinkies group. That'll show him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    What about a E&E sub-forum for those really wacky-crazy members.
    Chris would be the one to do that (unless you do it as a social group). For my nickle's worth, I think it would dramatically change the tone of the forum and attract a membership that may be less interested in wilderness and more interested in unrealistic end of the world scenarios. Seems that so far, every time it has been brought up it has been discussed.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

There are crazies all over the internet E&Eing their brains into a pile of mush. Probably 20,000 of them on Survivalboards, shooting and looting their way through fantacy-land.

Don't need that here.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool Yes but...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    He's like that. He deleted my bacon group, my twinkies group and my sailor boy pilot bread group.
    Yeah but we left the "hong" group intact!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

As long as we're at it, why not create a SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance & Escape) sub-group? My deceased 2nd cousin could be the group's martyr, and it would put us all the way over into Fantasy-land.

[Oops! Did I say that in my outside voice?]
    Last edited by Daniel Nighteyes; 07-17-2012 at 06:18 PM.

"I aint hiding from nobody aint nobody hiding from me"

How about a sub forum called the cooko's nest where birds of a feather can flock and run out into the wild together? LOL

Blog Entries

Cool well now...

I once wanted to create a sub-forum entitled "Numpties & Trolls" But was over-ruled

On the serious side, I do believe that we may someday get someone in here who might actually listen, pay attention, and learn; that would, to me, justify the whole mess!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I once wanted to create a sub-forum entitled "Numpties & Trolls" But was over-ruled

On the serious side, I do believe that we may someday get someone in here who might actually listen, pay attention, and learn; that would, to me, justify the whole mess!
    I hope so, I know people would go out of there way to help someone who has an open mind.

Yeah well it kinda like a cat with a new mouse, you swat it around, swat it around, ......then pounce, and kill it....(Did I say That out loud?)
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

In an old forums i went to, All the trouble makers would be sent to a sub-forum for a certain period. They can only post and make threads there, and all threads are deleted after a week in there. and posts dont go towards your count. Idk if that was your idea for "trolls and numpties" but yah. just bringing it up

We can give you a time out and let you ponder your wayward life. We don't use it very often since most folks are either sane adults or whacked out trolls. Not much in between or so it seems.

I'm somewhat naive about the web culture and what motivates people to troll, so I had to find out more. This article explains it best. http://www.osnews.com/story/25540/Wh..._to_Stop_Them/

It's quite fascinating, when you really get into it: (reading, not trolling)

"Another way to consider trolling is from Dr. Phil's viewpoint: People only engage in repeated behavior if it pays off for them. What is the pay-off for trolling? Experts and online discussions cite:

• Attention and recognition, even if negative
    • The emotional release of venting
    • Power (the power to disrupt)
    • Vandalism
    • The thrill of breaking social conventions
    • Sabotaging groups the troll dislikes
    • Immaturity"

I bet a lot of trolls we encountered here fit the profile and"we" feed into it by responding and allowing them to engage us which is what they want. I guess, sometimes it's just too irresistible to pass an opportunity to straighten someone out.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Ms. B that was the intent of the effort a while back to reply with "Good luck with that" rather than feed the troll, which is what most of these "Run away to the woods" OP posts are.

The problem is that many people on fourms are there to feed their own need, to boost their own self image and show their superior knowledge. They can not resist "giving advice" to the poor soul, because that is how they are getting their own ego fix.

Many of us are simply here to waste time, and you can not do that effectively when ignoring trolls. We have a troll on board right now that has gone for 5 pages of generally insulting jabber that should have been shut down the third post.

Yes there are some good posts in among the crap, but no one is going to read all that to get to the goodies. I never heard of anyone shoveling out a S!&t house hole just to see if anyone was having strawberry jam.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?