Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Survival Quest Camping Help - Multiple Month Survival in National Forest (CA)

It is more proof that sometimes the heard needs to be culled by encouraging stupid behavior.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    but you cant make him take a bath? j/k I know the real end.
    We actually made that statement a few weeks ago at scout camp.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I real supprised y'all put up with this guy for 4 pages, and #77 posts........Goes to show ya, all lost puppies can't be saved....
    Look at it this way, in the interm some great posts came here from the membership so that's worth something!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Look at it this way, in the interm some great posts came here from the membership so that's worth something!
    Yeah, you are right, and sorta entertaining in a train wreak sorta way, counting the number of swirls around the bowl, before getting the "flush"........many good posts and lots of thought and effort......
    So all y'all, give your self a pat on the back.....you can't save them all, but seems we don't quit trying, says alot.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

After reading #74, it is quite obvious that the boy's bitter, self centered arrogance is only surpassed by his supreme ignorance and naivete. Trying to reason with him is no more productive than going out into a pasture and discussing philosophy with a stump.

S.M.
    Last edited by Seniorman; 07-17-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Correct typo.

Well... I tried...lol

That kid was a know-it-all idiot. As others pointed out, he had NO experience in a variety of subjects.... And he tries to tell us how it "really is" .. Many of us who DO have these experiences.. It's too bad, a lot of members gave him some great advice... He is just too headstrong and stupid to even try to listen to it... His last post was ridiculous! GLAD to see he was banned!! It took far too long IMO.... But,hey, better late than never! ;-)
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

He lives at home...can you imagine what his poor family has to put up with?
    On the other hand, one has to wonder how someone gets to be this way at 22.

No job, no education... Living at home at 22. A real winner.
    Usually I wouldn't even bother replying to a thread like this one... Something about his posts really steamed me!
    He was either a GIANT A-HOLE or an expert troll!... Perhaps both!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.

He's gone now. If he decides to try again, he will be gone again. Time to move along.......Nothing to see here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Id prolly still be living at home with my mom at 23, just because she was real sick, but she passed away when i was 19 and yah, its been and uphill and downhill and uphill spiral there for me. Good times, bad times, it happens. But, despite dropping out at 16 to take care of my mom, I got my GED, Im a CNA, CPR Certified, can build my own computer. I just wish I was motivated to go to school. If i knew as much real history as I do about cigs, beer and bands, id prolly have a bachelors or associates lol. Ill get there someday
    Dieing is easy, Living is the hard part.
    Rock the 40oz, its the change that counts.
    Life is a grave and I dig it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

And someone said there wasn't much movement here. Thanks Mods for shuting him down, i know the guy took some jabs and did deserve them but he was out of line hiting below the belt on several posts. Dissillusioned about education and military and life in general It's a shame he wasn't interested in listening in what folks had to say he could of learned a lot.

Be proud of me for managing not to become irate... I would like to see him sit in a deer stand from before sunrise till sunset for all of deer season... (One advantage of being home schooled is you get off for deer season...) I don't think he could survive that let alone multiple months in the woods...
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

He's sat in his mother's basement from sun down to sun up for years.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    Id prolly still be living at home with my mom at 23, just because she was real sick, but she passed away when i was 19 and yah, its been and uphill and downhill and uphill spiral there for me. Good times, bad times, it happens. But, despite dropping out at 16 to take care of my mom, I got my GED, Im a CNA, CPR Certified, can build my own computer. I just wish I was motivated to go to school. If i knew as much real history as I do about cigs, beer and bands, id prolly have a bachelors or associates lol. Ill get there someday
    I know what you mean, life throughs curve balls at you, but you just gotta keep plugging away.....

well its now almost march i wonder if this youngster is still alive

Quote Originally Posted by old2531 View Post
    well its now almost march i wonder if this youngster is still alive
    After he was banned we sent him a bottle of perfume as a going away present.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Perhaps he decided to ignore all advice, loaded up his 75 lbs of gear and had his mommy drive him on up to the Sierra to a trailhead. Perhaps he toted that load on into the "wilderness," found an outcropping of rock, made camp, and contemplated "being at one with Nature." Perhaps by now, his bones have been scattered by bears, mountain lions, foxes, and bobcats.

Or perhaps, he's still in his basement, hunched over his keyboard, pounding out questions to other outdoor sites asking the same questions as his o.p. here.... and being just as sarcastic and holier-than-thou with those whose answers are about the same as here.

You never know .......

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If it was me, I wouldn't pick a forest that sees lots of use like Sequoia or the others. I'd look for one less popular, one with a wilderness area. A wilderness area is great because not many people want to hike in and camp. Too much work. Park rangers don't frequent them as much. A permenant camp attracks attention. YOu need to forget a cave and build your own shelters. by moving around you get practice, and don't draw attention to yourself. A gun shot attracts attention, whether in season or not. I sure wouldn't kill out of season. I'd go when hunts are on for whatever it is you might want to hunt, especially small game you don't need to freeze to care for. I'd pick a forest with little water and that will lessen the people factor. I'd go for short camps first, test your own ability and gear, then make adjustments. I'd take stuff you can use in case your plans don't work out to well. Maybe get a game cart to pack your stuff in with. You can carry a nice thick pad to sleep on. I've found a good night's sleep is the key to survival comfort, all else will fall into place. Just don't get yourself in trouble with the law.