Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Dual Survival 3.

Blog Entries

Cool Update on Dual Survival 3.

On July 4th Cody posted a notice on his FB page that the last episode of DS 3 has been completed. Keep on the alert Cody Lundin fans!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cody-L...24508247561387
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

YES!!!!! Been wondering when I'd see the ol' barefoot hippie on tv again! Can't wait!

Sarge there are 10 (season 1) or 12 (season 2) episodes per season. Cody posted this on July 4:

Somewhere in South America....from the driest to the wettest, episode four for Dual Survival season three has been completed. Hope you all are doing well..Happy Birthday America! cody
    So they are around 1/3 the way through taping or the season is going to be real short this year.

They usually air in late April or Early June. So, I wonder if we aren't going to be seeing these in the fall.

Seems to me there was some feet dragging or negotiating that held it up until when Cody posted in April that there would be a season 3.

Gonna miss Dave though.
    Semper Paratus

Blog Entries

Cool Fyi!

Read this whole page about Cody Lundin and survival TV! Also read the last entry where he discusses the change up in partners:

http://www.codylundin.com/survive_tv.html
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool More I FYI!

From Cody's FB page: (June 6th.)

Photo: Somewhere in South America....driest place i have ever visited.

HI Campers!
    Just back from shooting another episode of Dual Survival. Below are answers to some questions people have been asking.

When will season three of Dual Survival air? I don't know, but rumors are early winter. I'll keep everyone posted.

How many shows will be in season three? 13.

Who is your new partner? Discovery will announce him as they see fit, however, it is a person who has not been on TV before. He has a pedigree in Special Operations, (20 years) and is an expert in unconventional warfare. Discovery has vetted him, I have vetted him, and I have looked through his credentials, a folder one inch thick with diplomas, awards, schools, etc.... bad Mo Fo who has done great service for our country.

Why don't you answer our facebook questions? Due to drama not of my doing, the DS shoot schedule has shifted, and I am working two full time jobs; teaching for my Aboriginal Living Skills School, and shooting Dual Survival. (Historically, Dual Survival starts shooting in October...we started in April) I have little time for anything else and will get to questions when I am able. My apologies.

Stay safe everyone! cody
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Cool, at least we have some info on when it will air. Thanks, for the update Sarge!

Blog Entries

Cool New update on season 3!

From Cody's Facebook page:

Hey Campers!
    Just back from filming in Eastern Europe, our first visit to that part of the world since Dual Survival was created. Here is some news regarding the show, however, as with everything in TV land, this is all subject to change as the network dictates.

My new partner:
    He will be introduced to the world by Discovery the week after Thanksgiving. As I have said before, he is a Special Operations veteran at the top of the food chain. The Government told Discovery what they could and could not say about his background...nuff said!

Season Three Airing:
    With the caveat above, episode one of season three is supposed to air the first week of January.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! Stay safe, cody

I can hardly wait!

SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Cool! Ill miss DC, even with the mystique of validity/cloud of stolen valor.

CL is a true bush hippy. I dont agree with everything he does, but..... hes cool to watch on TV, and a good personality. At least what he does, works for him!

I wonder who they picked to be his new husband! Been a lot of speculation, but looks like they at least validated this guy (this time, doh!).

Thanks for the update OP!
    Andrew

Joseph Teti is the new co-host for DS season 3

Quote Originally Posted by itsken78 View Post
    Joseph Teti is the new co-host for DS season 3
    The best my Googlefu could get me is:
    http://soldiersystems.net/2012/07/08...dual-survival/
    And that is vague as all get out.
    We believe that the new co-host
    So, I remain as before, clueless as to who it will be. This Teti guy must have just fell out the sky, I find it hard to believe they picked someone with no public image.

I was really hoping it would be Myke Hawk.

Andrew

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post

Andrew
    I'm glad it's not. Mykel is a close 2nd to Bear Grylls!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post

Andrew
    Yeah, well, I was kind hoping for Ruth........But you know how I am.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

On Joseph Teti's FAQ page.

Q: How did you get picked for “Dual Survival”?
    A: It actually started prior to doing a pilot for Spike TV . Although it never aired, I did meet several people that were instrumental in me getting the opportunity to test for “Dual Survival”. Like most other industries, the “movie / reality TV” industry is small. My name was mentioned for “Dual Survival” by one of the producers I met while shooting the Spike pilot. I was contacted by an Executive Producer at Discovery and asked me if I wanted to do a “chemistry test” with one of their hosts on a survival show. In the beginning Discovery was being somewhat secretive on who I was going to be doing a “chemistry test” with, which is normal. If you don’t know what a “chemistry test” is, it’s exactly that…a test to see how I would interact and react to the other person while on camera. There were 5 of us that went to Arizona to test with Cody. The other 4 guys had strong special operations backgrounds, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines. I got picked.
    resume
    Joseph Teti is a veteran of both US military and US government special operations units. He is a former Force Recon Marine, Army Special Forces “Green Beret”, and a former operator in a highly classified government counter-terrorist unit.

He is a combat veteran of both OIF (Operation Iraqi Freedom) in Iraq, and OEF (Operation Enduring Freedom) in Afghanistan. He planned and conducted a broad range of special operations missions covering the entire operational continuum. These missions gave the President of the United States an option when overt military and / or diplomatic actions were not viable or politically feasible. Operations of this nature required rapid response with surgical application of a wide variety of unique skills, while maintaining the lowest possible profile of U.S. involvement.

Joseph has performed high-risk PSD (Personal Security Detail) operations in Afghanistan and Iraq for U.S. government and civilian clients. He was also a member of a U.S. State Department close protection team assigned to several high profile government officials and visiting diplomats in Israel. Working out of the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv, and the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem, he operated in high risk areas throughout the country to include Ramallah, Abu Dis, Jericho, The Gaza Strip and the West Bank. He has extensive experience and training in fully armored vehicle operations, advance team operations, motorcade operations, CAT (Counter Assault Team) operations and surveillance/counter surveillance operations.

A graduate of over 30 formal schools in regards to special operations, his skill sets and experiences are highly diverse. He has attended several survival schools over his career and is one of a few individuals in the world that hold an instructor certification in tactical tracking operations from legendary tracker and former Rhodesian SAS (Special Air Service), Selous Scout, and David Scott-Donelan.

He has held a TOP SECRET-SCI with polygraph security clearance, the highest security clearance awarded by the U.S. government.

Professional Affiliations

Special Forces Association Member # M13305

Force Recon Association Member # 2493

North Carolina Sheriffs Association Member # 44296739

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Sounds like he's more than qualified to teach on how to start a fire without matches!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Good find 78, thanks!

i actually copied it from a bushcraft forum, i can't lay claim to another's work.

I wonder about Discovery's decision to replace Dave with this hard-core military guy. He's obviously very qualified from a mililtary perspective, but does he have any survival background or expertise? Cody says he has vetted Teti. DC has vetted Teti, but reading between the lines that Sarge47 posted from Cody's FB page.....Cody doesn't mention anything about Teti's survival experience much less expertise. He only talks about Teti's military experience. Could this "omission" be an important clue about the new guy? Seems like an odd choice, but I guess we'll see.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

If this guy was trained by David Scott-Donelan he is one of the best trained survivors in the world.

You guys apparently do not remember the Selous Scouts. There was a time when every "special forces" soldier in the world was aware of them. My concern with using military trained people is that they are, by instinct, very mission completion oriented at the risk of life and limb. Everything is s "push".

"The person that the Selous Scouts were looking for was a mix between the soldier who can work in a unit and a loner who can think and act on his feet.[5]

Selection was rigorous, and even tougher than the Rhodesian Special Air Service course.[citation needed] When volunteers arrived at Wafa Wafa, the Selous Scouts' training camp, on the shores of Lake Kariba they were given a taste of the hardships they would have to endure. On reaching the base (which was a 25-kilometre run away from the drop-off point) they saw only a few straw huts and the blackened embers of a dying fire. There was no food issued. The objective of the training at this point was to narrow the list of potential recruits by starving, exhausting and antagonizing them.[citation needed] This was successful, with 40 or 50 men out of 60 usually dropping out within the first two days of training.

The selection course had a total duration of 17 days. From dawn to 7 am recruits were put through a strength-sapping fitness programme. After they had completed this, they trained in basic combat skills. They were also required to traverse a particularly nasty assault course several times in the course of the training program. The course was designed to overcome their fear of heights. When darkness fell, they began night training. In the first five days of the course, no food was issued, while for the rest of the period only rotten animals were allowed. At the end of training, they had to carry out an endurance march of 100 kilometres. Each volunteer was laden with 30 kilograms of rocks in his packs. These rocks were painted red, to ensure that they could not be discharged and replaced at the end.[4]

The final stage of this march was a speed march, and had to be completed in two-and-a-half hours. For those who survived these days there was a week of leave; they were then taken to a special camp for the dark phase of their training. At this camp, they learned to act and talk like the enemy. The base was built and set out as a genuine rebel camp, and the instructors were on hand to turn the recruits into fully-fledged members of the enemy groups. In this phase recruits were taught to break with habits such as shaving, rising at regular times, smoking and drinking and to adopt a guerrilla lifestyle. The recruits were in the field on patrol with the Selous Scouts only a week after the completion of their training.[4]"

Note that they were never issued food during the first 5 days of their training and only maggot infested, putred waste offered after that.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-31-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    If this guy was trained by David Scott-Donelan he is one of the best trained survivors in the world.

You guys apparently do not remember the Selous Scouts. There was a time when every "special forces" soldier in the world was aware of them. My concern with using military trained people is that they are, by instinct, very mission completion oriented at the risk of life and limb. Everything is s "push".

"The person that the Selous Scouts were looking for was a mix between the soldier who can work in a unit and a loner who can think and act on his feet.[5]

Selection was rigorous, and even tougher than the Rhodesian Special Air Service course.[citation needed] When volunteers arrived at Wafa Wafa, the Selous Scouts' training camp, on the shores of Lake Kariba they were given a taste of the hardships they would have to endure. On reaching the base (which was a 25-kilometre run away from the drop-off point) they saw only a few straw huts and the blackened embers of a dying fire. There was no food issued. The objective of the training at this point was to narrow the list of potential recruits by starving, exhausting and antagonizing them.[citation needed] This was successful, with 40 or 50 men out of 60 usually dropping out within the first two days of training.

The selection course had a total duration of 17 days. From dawn to 7 am recruits were put through a strength-sapping fitness programme. After they had completed this, they trained in basic combat skills. They were also required to traverse a particularly nasty assault course several times in the course of the training program. The course was designed to overcome their fear of heights. When darkness fell, they began night training. In the first five days of the course, no food was issued, while for the rest of the period only rotten animals were allowed. At the end of training, they had to carry out an endurance march of 100 kilometres. Each volunteer was laden with 30 kilograms of rocks in his packs. These rocks were painted red, to ensure that they could not be discharged and replaced at the end.[4]

The final stage of this march was a speed march, and had to be completed in two-and-a-half hours. For those who survived these days there was a week of leave; they were then taken to a special camp for the dark phase of their training. At this camp, they learned to act and talk like the enemy. The base was built and set out as a genuine rebel camp, and the instructors were on hand to turn the recruits into fully-fledged members of the enemy groups. In this phase recruits were taught to break with habits such as shaving, rising at regular times, smoking and drinking and to adopt a guerrilla lifestyle. The recruits were in the field on patrol with the Selous Scouts only a week after the completion of their training.[4]"
    Note that they were never issued food during the first 5 days of their training and only maggot infested, putred waste offered after that.
    Sounds like he's more than qualified to teach on how to start a fire without matches!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin