Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OK....Let's talk TEOTWAWKI or super SHTF Preparing.

(scratchin' chin) Can he talk to pigs? 'Cause if he can talk to 'em he might tell them our plan. We don't need no mule squeelin' to the pigs. That would for sure put a fly in the oinkment.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    (scratchin' chin) Can he talk to pigs? 'Cause if he can talk to 'em he might tell them our plan. We don't need no mule squeelin' to the pigs. That would for sure put a fly in the oinkment.
    I don't think we have to worry, 'cuz the only thing he likes better than a pulled pork sammich, is a bacon sammich.

But now that you bring it up.....I do get a little nervous, when you talk to Danish folks.
    Last edited by 2dumb2kwit; 07-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

We started about 5 years ago preparing. First we bought 20 acres, built a house with ten bedrooms (Duplex, so we can provide housing for others to help). Learned how to garden, started growing our own food. Bought a milk cow, learned how to milk by hand. Started raising our own beef. Built a barn to store provision, and implements. (included hidy hole). Stored up a years worth of provision. Have 5 years worth of seeds.

Bought a 2nd 20 acres for an alternative location, Built very small house hidden in woods way back from road so it can not be seen. This property has a pond on it so it attracts alot of deer. In process of stocking up that location too.

Now working to prepare for bug out from one location to another and what it will take to make the trip without too many incidents. The problem is learning how to hold on to it if all goes to pot. For those that can live off the land I hand it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    But I don't want your regurgitated theories. I want to know what you are really doing to prepare of a major catastrophic event in "YOUR" life. I don't care what you think will happen, I want to know what your doing about it.

Some of you want a heated conversation, well let's get it on.

Well, I started a list, you can read it in this forum.

I dont own all the items on that list yet, but within the next couple months I should have everything.

I am an accomplished farmer so growing food wont be an issue. If things get bad, I have no fears of living off the land. Ive done it for extended periods before.

I have property in the Pacific Northwest (with spring water) and that is where I will head with my supplies to set up camp if things get sour.

It's January and the S just HTF. How do you live off the land now? It never goes bad when it's good. It always goes bad when it's bad, which is never good. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

tree bark is good eating year round.

True...that...Dry....but good.

boiled, ramen of the woods. The inner bark of the white pine is particularly tasty when the ole belly button is gnawing on the backbone.

Yeah....but all winter? I'm thinking pair it with a Pinot Blanc. A little less aromatic so it doesn't overpower the terpines. Slight peach and pear overtones with hint of Christmas pine.

I was thinking dry gin with a grin.

Works for me. I happen to like gin.....a lot.

Diggin a tunnel to get under the local LDS warehouse and liquer store. lol
    Actually since my accident last year and subsequent drop in health prepping has gone south and survial is the order of the day. But I dream of findin that lotto ticket...or was that wonka's golden ticket?
    D.O.M.

SHTF is when you have to live out of the pantry. TEOTWAWKI is when you LOSE the pantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabapple Plum View Post
    SHTF is when you have to live out of the pantry. TEOTWAWKI is when you LOSE the pantry.
    I like that........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I like that........
    ...me too.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Prepping is when I find out where Crabapple Plums pantry is.

downsize to only things that will feed you, shelter you, protect you .. everything else is just a ball of wax...we are prepping for buggin out on horseback.. so its equipment for that..all four seasons

I've made a list for my B.O.B., gear, water purification, food, tools, first aid, shelter, navigation, etc. I'm currently in the process of buying said items (I just bought a 3 liter Camelbak Hydration pack). My first concern is a SHTF scenario. As I live in the midst of a huge urban population, I'm faced with the decision to hole up or truly bug out, depending on the circumstances. I have several routes I can take to my chosen bug out sites, I like to be prepared for fall backs just in case other people have similar plans. As far as TEOTWAWKI, I'm considering some long range plans but they will involve moving first to a more rural setting.

Where I am, we don't have much in the way of earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, etc, but we do have fires. Very few people have a "bug in" plan. I drive my escape routes periodically, because they are fun...which one.I'll be one when SHTF... can't say.
    If I can get out to the North, which is very probable, I'll hook up my trailer...if not, I live with what's in the truck...no bacon bowls...yet...
    With all of the options I have...I feel blessed.
    If you see me coming, don't shoot...I'm just passing by, on my way to somewhere
    KF7ZJR I always carry a pocket knife, just in Case.

Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 09-06-2012 at 12:45 AM.