Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking to move into the wilderness and live off of the land?

Well....we could knife and fork it see if that's feasible. Wouldn't want to kick a dead whale down the beach or come off like a show pony.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Okay guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well....we could knife and fork it see if that's feasible. Wouldn't want to kick a dead whale down the beach or come off like a show pony.
    Rick's got my vote for the front man...he knows the lingo!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Default True to form

After it's all said and done, more has been said than done.

Well that put a moose on the table now didn't it? Now we're all behind the curve.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default Word to the wise

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Blog Entries

Cool Enjoy!

Suppose you screeve, or go cheap-jack?
    Or fake the broads? or fig a nag?
    Or thimble-rig? or knap a yack?
    Or pitch a snide? or smash a rag?
    Suppose you duff? or nose and lag?
    Or get the straight, and land your pot?
    How do you melt the multy swag?
    Booze and the blowens cop the lot.
    Fiddle, or fence, or mace, or mack;
    Or moskeneer or flash the drag;
    Dead-lurk a crib, or do a crack;
    Pad with a slang, or chuck a f*g;
    Bonnet, or tout, or mump and gag;
    Rattle the tats, or mark the spot
    You cannot bank a single stag;
    Suppose you try a different tack,
    And on the square you flash your flag?
    At penny-a-lining make your whack,
    Or with the mummers mug and gag?
    For nix, for nix the dibbs you bag
    At any graft, no matter what!
    Your merry goblins soon stravag:
    It’s up-the-spout and Charley-Wag
    With wipes and tickers and what not!
    Until the squeezer nips your scrag,

SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I applaud your meme. It sets a new benchmark and forces us to consider a new paradigm. Every dog has his day.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I'll do it if I get full final edit rights. But not if it is some producer wants to tell me what to say and do.
    Make sure to get a new door on the outhouse out of the deal. Maybe some more geese.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by intothewildsearch View Post
    I am looking for individuals and/or families who are thinking about (or already doing so) making the transition to move into the wild and live solely off of the land!

My name is Liz and I work for a production company in Los Angeles that is currently developing a new documentary series (for a major network) to help tell the stories and deliver the messages of people who are making the decision, or have made the decision to leave society and go into the wild!

Whether you making the choice for spiritual reason, environmental reasons, monetary reason or just because you are fed up with society and enjoy the solitude, I'd love to hear more about your incredibly, refreshing lifestyle!

Please call or email me anytime to further discuss!

Thank you!

Best,
    Liz
    Talent Coordinator, Development
    Office: 310-566-6213
    Well, I am thinking about it, and have made the decision. Everything is still in my mind. Will that work? You can come and interview me. I haven't done anything yet, just thought about it. But, I am willing to tell you all about it.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Well, I am thinking about it, and have made the decision. Everything is still in my mind. Will that work? You can come and interview me. I haven't done anything yet, just thought about it. But, I am willing to tell you all about it.
    If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Now, now....gotta credit sources. http://www.fromoldbooks.org/Farmer-M...oss-coves.html
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Unhappy I'm busted!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Ricky J., the great card man, uses this in his act "Ricky J. and his 52 Assistants," which was shown on HBO a number of years back! I couldn't resist putting it on here because I didn't think anybody reading it would know an old French poem, which had been translated, rife with street slang of the day, if they heard it! Nice job Crash!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Here I thought you made it up your self??????
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Hey guys! Just went through read all your responses. I have attempted to responded to the ones that were more direct questions at me. We are developing a new series that attempts to tell the stories of those involved--it may not be for everyone (as I understand people being dubious of tv shows in general), but for those who it may be for I would love to hear your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Again???

Good luck with that!

Seems like a bunch of the folks that respond to these offers wind up in jail or are forced into mental hospitals.

How is yours any different from the last 50 that have been here?
    I am offering an opportunity to those who may want to tell their story. I am not trying to be revolutionary in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    We have many on here who want to do that very thing so you just might get some calls. What does this gig pay? You get paid, right? The sponsors take good care of you and yours, so what do these guys get except the opportunity for you to go into the cutting room after shooting and make a fool out of them on National TV? Cody Lundin, star of Dual Survival, blew the whistle on this sort of thing sometime back! Anyway, good luck with that!
    The gig is paid if chosen to be part of the series, the amount is to be determined based on your story, your personality, and your enthusiasm in telling your story.

Furthermore, if anybody truly fit the profile, then they would abhor all facets of society, including reality TV, right? So who in their right mind would go on there if they truly wanted to get COMPLETELY away from society? Once your mug is plastered on National TV it will be plastered all over the internet! Seems self defeating to me. :cool2

pssst, SD; in TV lingo, "final editing rights" is translated to "creative control!"
    I understand your point and then the show would not be for them, but there are some people who wish to get their story out as to encourage others to do the same and it is those people that we are looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Dear intothewildsearch,

Here are the latest members wishing to live in the wild and all that jazz. Perhaps you could pm them and discuss their plans.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...going-to-be-ok

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...the-wilderness

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...or-3-months%29

If you use the search function there are many more who have the same death wish and I'm sure you could find someone to help you out.
    Thank you for this! I will attempt to reach out to them!

Okay, I surrender.

Attention members. Any member wanting to try to get on this program go for it. Be advised, however, of the following:

1.) You probably won't get paid.

2.) There's a very good chance you're going to come off looking like an idiot.

3.) If you show off all of your survival preps the Government as well as really bad people are more than likely taking notes!

Now, if you still wish to go on you have my blessing and I'm wishing you the best of luck! At least you might know what to expect!
    None of this is accurate, but your concern is noted .

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    Yes, absolutely! Email me at LizDcasting@gmail.com and I would love to speak with you!

Blog Entries

Cool Right.....

Quote Originally Posted by intothewildsearch View Post
    None of this is accurate, but your concern is noted .
    Hmmm, a TV producer making a statement..he wouldn't lie, would he? Of course not!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

He might, but I'm sure that she didn't. Why can't we let people investigate this without trying to chase them off first?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool It's like this....

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    He might, but I'm sure that she didn't. Why can't we let people investigate this without trying to chase them off first?
    Past shows like this have disrupted lives and marriages. Even one reality show titled "Extreme couponing" was cut without her knowledge beforehand to make a housewife appear selfish and greedy when such was not her intent. Her status with her neighbors was greatly diminished and her marriage was in jeopardy as a result. Why should I keep silent when the threat of this does exist? Shouldn't the membership be made aware? I feel as strongly about my view on it as you do yours. Here's what Cody Lundin writes about these types of shows on his website:

http://www.codylundin.com/survive_tv.html Pretty strong stuff!

I don't see anything wrong with advising the membership to use caution when considering these shows instead of letting them find out the hard way.
    Last edited by Sarge47; 07-16-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Whatever. I'm done with this.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

People here are adults (presumably) and free to make their own determinations based on their lives, their desires, and their levels of trust. It is a fine thing that people here are skeptical and want to protect others from what might be a catastrophic mistake, but it is THEIRS TO MAKE. If you don't trust this woman, or Hollywood in general, that's great. Don't sign up. If someone here wants to actively pursue this 'opportunity' and goes into it with their eyes open, then so be it. Making this producer sound like one of Satan's lapdogs or the entire idea of going and doing a reality show as being completely ridiculous just isn't fair. I have known a number of producers and directors when I lived in California, and (given the fact they were in California and in show business!) they were usually regular, decent enough folks. Sure there were the money grubbing lowlifes, but you could say that about plastic surgeons, lawyers, stock brokers, corporate vp's, etc. Vilifying this producer for imagined wrongs and predicted horrors that might await any contestant with no empirical data to back that up isn't fair. I don't personally plan on opening myself and my life up to such scrutiny on national tv, but that is MY decision. Sabotaging someone else's chance at happiness or 15 minutes of fame isn't very neighborly. Concern, caring, warning, and giving folks a devil's advocate point of view is all well and good, but we should let them make their own choices and let this producer give them that opportunity. *steps off soapbox*
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Thank you, Celticwarrior. That was a very good post.

My suggestion....If you are interested, talk to her. It costs you nothing to investigate it.