Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to move into the wilderness and live off of the land?

Question Looking to move into the wilderness and live off of the land?

I am looking for individuals and/or families who are thinking about (or already doing so) making the transition to move into the wild and live solely off of the land!

My name is Liz and I work for a production company in Los Angeles that is currently developing a new documentary series (for a major network) to help tell the stories and deliver the messages of people who are making the decision, or have made the decision to leave society and go into the wild!

Whether you making the choice for spiritual reason, environmental reasons, monetary reason or just because you are fed up with society and enjoy the solitude, I'd love to hear more about your incredibly, refreshing lifestyle!

Please call or email me anytime to further discuss!

Thank you!

Best,
    Liz
    Talent Coordinator, Development
    Office: 310-566-6213

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Again???

Good luck with that!

Seems like a bunch of the folks that respond to these offers wind up in jail or are forced into mental hospitals.

How is yours any different from the last 50 that have been here?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Post Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by intothewildsearch View Post
    I am looking for individuals and/or families who are thinking about (or already doing so) making the transition to move into the wild and live solely off of the land!

My name is Liz and I work for a production company in Los Angeles that is currently developing a new documentary series (for a major network) to help tell the stories and deliver the messages of people who are making the decision, or have made the decision to leave society and go into the wild!

Whether you making the choice for spiritual reason, environmental reasons, monetary reason or just because you are fed up with society and enjoy the solitude, I'd love to hear more about your incredibly, refreshing lifestyle!

Please call or email me anytime to further discuss!

Thank you!

Best,
    Liz
    Talent Coordinator, Development
    Office: 310-566-6213
    Email: LizDCasting@Gmail.com
    We have many on here who want to do that very thing so you just might get some calls. What does this gig pay? You get paid, right? The sponsors take good care of you and yours, so what do these guys get except the opportunity for you to go into the cutting room after shooting and make a fool out of them on National TV? Cody Lundin, star of Dual Survival, blew the whistle on this sort of thing sometime back! Anyway, good luck with that!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'll do it if I get full final edit rights. But not if it is some producer wants to tell me what to say and do.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I'll do it if I get full final edit rights. But not if it is some producer wants to tell me what to say and do.
    SD, hold out for indoor plumbing and a date with a cute starlet!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post

"Good LUCK with That"..........Hehehehehehehe

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Furthermore, if anybody truly fit the profile, then they would abhor all facets of society, including reality TV, right? So who in their right mind would go on there if they truly wanted to get COMPLETELY away from society? Once your mug is plastered on National TV it will be plastered all over the internet! Seems self defeating to me.

pssst, SD; in TV lingo, "final editing rights" is translated to "creative control!"
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure the lady will get a bunch of calls. Afterall, many, many people want to be on teeeveeee.

"Look, Ma, I'm in the movies!"

S.M.

Liz....if you see Jeff Protst around Hollywood......give him a message for me......

I still waiting to be called as the token 'old guy" on the original "Survivor".....39 days, with a bunch of hotties, get voted off first, so as I can hang out at the hotel, sipping them there little drinks with the unbrellas in them,....for 38 more days....

Oh, yeah,........Good luck with that.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thank you for posting, Liz. If anyone is interested just click on her user name and select Send Email.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

If Scarlett Johansson is available then sign me up but she has to wear that same outfit she wore in The Avengers.
    If you can keep your head when all about you, are losing their's and blaming it on you. -Kipling

If your off the grid or thinking of going off grid why would you participate in a TV show. LOL doesn't make sense all you will get are idiots with a "look at me" complex. A true recluse would never do it. But good luck with that everyone has a job to do.
    Semper Paratus

Jeese, guys, cut the gal some slack. There are tons of survival shows that have been on the air featuring "everyday" folks. There are probably three a week that come on here and want to go into the wild and live. Here's their chance and they can get paid for it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I remember one of the producers from the Doomsday Preppers show coming over on ST's website before it went into production, looking for candidates. So this kind of solicitation COULD pan out into some sort of tv deal, if you are willing to give up your privacy, tell all your secrets, and as has been stated, give them the right to portray you however they wish to get ratings. Shows like Top Model, Big Brother and so on have been shown in various tell-alls to have edited sequences to portray certain people as 'the bad guy' and others as 'the hero' simply to boost ratings, even though people on the set say that isn't how things really were at all. Others have been coerced into 'acting' a certain way so that they can add drama to the show. Be warned. For a show like DDP, I can't believe people who are real preppers, buying shelters and supplies and such, would ever really want the entire world to know their name, their state, and sometimes pics of their HOUSES. Seems counterproductive to me. However, a show about self-reliance and homesteading might be different. Maybe someone like that wouldn't mind publicity. Won't be me, that's all.
    "A free citizenry should never abide a government that seeks control over it's people rather than service to them"

Since this is the most popular wilderness survival site on the net, it stands to reason that these sort of requests will come in quite often. I really do wish that people would stop "poo-pooing" them and let somebody that might truly be interested proceed without fear of being ridiculed by other members.

Here was an opportunity missed by forum members. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...=dual+survivor
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool For the record...

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Since this is the most popular wilderness survival site on the net, it stands to reason that these sort of requests will come in quite often. I really do wish that people would stop "poo-pooing" them and let somebody that might truly be interested proceed without fear of being ridiculed by other members.

Here was an opportunity missed by forum members. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...=dual+survivor
    Yes Crash, and Cody Lundin was picked for that one. If you visit his website he'll tell you the down-side of all of that. As for Doomsday Preppers, nobody that goes on that show gets paid! They're also made to look like idiots. So I'll "poo-poo" them all I want. TDW is on another forum where a lot of these people that were on these types of shows are members. Everyone on there that went on one says that they're really sorry that they got involved. The party girl on DDP reported that one of the producers offered her a thousand dollars to kill one of her cats on camera. The producers deny that, but who knows. All of them say they had to do it for free! So forget the "paycheck angle!" Most of them have said that if they knew how the shows were going to be cut that they would have never went on. Don't forget the hillbilly that had all of his guns taken away after his show aired People are free to make their choices, I just feel that they should know as much as possible up front. You can believe that those that made the episodes got a nice paycheck, and why not when the actors work for free!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I think man tracker would be a fun one to do but I'm a bit too low key and ego free to feed the ratings monster

seeing the worstestness in a "real" person makes us feel better about our own fails , misery loves company so we tune in each week just to visit...
    Last edited by brotherjohn; 07-12-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karatediver View Post
    If Scarlett Johansson is available then sign me up but she has to wear that same outfit she wore in The Avengers.
    I agree! Good luck with that!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Blog Entries

Dear intothewildsearch,

Here are the latest members wishing to live in the wild and all that jazz. Perhaps you could pm them and discuss their plans.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...going-to-be-ok

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...the-wilderness

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...or-3-months%29

If you use the search function there are many more who have the same death wish and I'm sure you could find someone to help you out.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Yes Crash, and Cody Lundin was picked for that one. If you visit his website he'll tell you the down-side of all of that. As for Doomsday Preppers, nobody that goes on that show gets paid! They're also made to look like idiots. So I'll "poo-poo" them all I want. TDW is on another forum where a lot of these people that were on these types of shows are members. Everyone on there that went on one says that they're really sorry that they got involved. The party girl on DDP reported that one of the producers offered her a thousand dollars to kill one of her cats on camera. The producers deny that, but who knows. All of them say they had to do it for free! So forget the "paycheck angle!" Most of them have said that if they knew how the shows were going to be cut that they would have never went on. Don't forget the hillbilly that had all of his guns taken away after his show aired People are free to make their choices, I just feel that they should know as much as possible up front. You can believe that those that made the episodes got a nice paycheck, and why not when the actors work for free!
    My point was......every time one of these producers is searching for talent for these types of shows, we always get members ridiculing the OP and asking questions. This does two things IMO - it turns off those that may have a real interest in possible participation. Additionally, it asks questions to the OP where no response will likely be forthcoming. These people do not participate in forums, but rather use them as one of their tools in their talent search. If members truly do have questions, they would be better served to use the contact information that is provided.

My comments had nothing to do with receiving a paycheck. Sometimes people do things for the pure enjoyment or excitement of it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel