Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survival & 100 Proof Alcohol (Do they mix?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    "I'm writing in this journal because I have somehow gotten myself lost in the woods. I have no gear but a nice fifth of "Jack" to help keep me warm. Maybe I should have brought a canteen of water and some food but my "Jack" will get me by. Starting to get cooler, will take a snort to fight off the cold!"

Two hours and a fourth of the bottle of Jack has passed since my last entry. Feeling better, miss my Mp-3!

For hoursss have goon by and I'n doin okay! Still got a half booze of bottle let..er..uh..lef...er uh...still there.

I lost my witch...er...uh...watch and don't know how ling I've been loose and what's more I don't shiv a git! The dab thingg is that I'm outa fooze! Oh wook at the kute puddy tat! Here wittle kitty, my, my that's some big growl for such a cute puddy tat! ARGHHH!!!!"

Words fail me...

Quote Originally Posted by DN
    Words fail me...

Well, there's a first....
    .... (I slay myself)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherjohn View Post
    After a long day of humpin' your home around, a couple shots to soften up old bones makes sleeping under a bridge seem like Caesars Palace or so Ive been told
    I have heard the same......and if you put it in a paper bag, makes it legeal....or so I have been told......LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Having a couple of drinks,be it beer or whatever , around the fire after a day in the woods is one thing. Depending on drinking alcohol to help get you through a SHTF sittuation is something else. I for one will use that space in my bag for something I really need. My FA kit takes up alot less space and weighs alot less then a jug of alcohol. Also I believe that keeping one's head in a bad situation is important and past experience tells me that alcohol doesn't help with that. JMO

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DN View Post
    Words fail me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Well, there's a first....
    .... (I slay myself)
    My mamma always told me I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle...

Muhahahahahaha! I hadn't heard that one before. Nice.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.