Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Country Music

Quote Originally Posted by 2dumb2kwit View Post
    I, like others, listen to a wide range of music...country included. Not long ago, I ran across this. It's not exactly country, but it is done by some country boys. (Besides, I have to keep "B" on her toes, with something new.)LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O0YTzBVgU
    I consider this redneck rap, I like the Jawga Boys my favorite song of theirs is Can't see my paint job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJ6Q...feature=relmfu

Stuff like that is what me and my buddy listen to when we cruise around in his 87 chevy with 9 inches of lift and 40" super swampers... makes your kidneys rattle when you crank the 1200 watt subs up to max....
    "Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing."
    Thomas Paine

Minimalist Camping: Enjoy nature, don't be tortured by it. Take as little as you need to be safe and comfortable.

Speaking of rednecks...this would be more my speed. I know 2D can relate to playing in the mud.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82dDnv9zeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky93 View Post
    You and me got the same taste in music, I think Jamey Johnson sounds like a cross between Waylon and David Allen Coe and I like him because he sings and records real country the way it should be. I love The Steeldrivers, one of my favorite songs of theirs is If it Hadn't Been for Love, not many people know of the but they are a "Nashville All-Star Band" made up of recording artists.

After this past CMA Awards with Chris Stapleton, formerly of Steeldrivers, taking Best Male Vocalist, New Artist of the Year, and Album of the Year. A lot of people are going to be getting to hear his song writing and vocal skills. Still, I loved the original two albums from the Steeldrivers and still listen to the new albums with Gary Nichols.

Anyways, cheers to Chris Stapleton. Man can sing and write!

BTW Benesse, you linked to Jamie Johnson singing a song I knew by Meatloaf. "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

https://youtu.be/JGEIcdYOuHo

That song was my girlfriend and mine's dysfunctional song. The girl I thought was the love of my life had a dad that was a Palm Beach County Sheriff. He shipped her off to the midwest to get her away from me.

So, the new girlfriend would tell me she loved me. And, I wouldn't say it. Because I didn't. Weird situation.

We had a genuine shotgun wedding of sorts. The old love of my life came back to town and looked me up and there was some problems for me there. But, I chose my new wife and daughter over her and that was not an easy choice for me.

But, we just passed 29 years of marriage. I would say we are more in love today than ever. She gave me two great princesses and a great son. My little princesses have given me two more amazing little princesses. People say they have never met a family that is so close.

But, still. I am friends on Facebook with every major girlfriend I ever had. Except two. The girl I lost my virginity to and my first love. Which are two separate girls.

The metaphorical shotgun that caused me to get married was my Mom's Catholic faith. The shotgun my father-in-law threatened me with is a Browning Auto 5 that sits in my safe. He gave it to me and he and I finished tight as he got older and when he passed.

My life is a country song. Kinda like Eric Church sings,

"I am a long gone Waylon song on vinyl,
    I'm a good old boy, drinking whiskey and rye on the levee,
    Yeah, she knows the man I ain't,
    She forgives me when I can't,
    The devil, man, no, he don't stand a chance,
    'Cause she loves me like Jesus does."

https://youtu.be/Dhdgc-KCliI

Country music seems to be a universal language. Samoa is about as far away from Nashville as you can get, but when I was a Peace Corps volunteer the most popular songs on the local station (2AP) were by Jim Reeves ............and he had already been dead for several years.

While I am not specifically a language teacher, I have had to work with many students whose first language is not English. You can forget Shakespeare, T S Eliot, Hemingway and Robert Frost - just give students access to a country music station and they will soon pick up the language.

I like Merl, Waylon, Hank Jr, and Bluegrass!

But the new country to me is hypocritical! The chords and riffs are all rock and roll oriented, most of the country stars wear
    tee shirts and holy jeans, and a lot of them have long hair and look like they should be in a garage rock band!

Some of the country concerts use pyrotechnics and light shows very much like rock which makes me sick. All of my friends who like the new pop country hate Rock, but the thing they say they love is imitating rock down to the last lazer light shows.

Just give me the old stuff, or some rock and keep the cheap country!!!! On the Pontoon, OMG just kill me now!!!