Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Grylls or Mears?

Quote Originally Posted by alexpeacock200 View Post
    Les stroud.
    What I've seen of Les was alright, but one of my favorites was Ron Hood (God rest his soul). Ron knew what he was doing and taught it the right way. Didn't put a lot of sensationalism in it - just facts. When he made mistakes, he told you about it so you could learn from it. Like on one of his videos he ate a false morel and got sick. He didn't try to hide the fact ! Too bad cancer took him so early in life !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Ruth IS hot, and the less she talks, the hotter she gets.

BG is a zero not a hero in my book. Less, AFAIK.. honestly runs it solo, but I dont know what kind of hidden pogie bait he has stashed off cam, and... some of the stuff he does is un safe (busting coconuts on a sharpened stick, looks like a puncture wound waiting to happen).

Additionally, if you even think for a second that Less doesnt get a few daze expert instruction for the environment JUST PRIOR to going into his project, then you have been had.

Dave and Cody... Its like watching a modern version of The Odd Couple, its good entertainment and I enjoy it.. and thats as far as it goes.

Myke and Ruth, sigh.. yet again a scripted "survival" show. They are a handsome couple, cute chick for the guys... and handsome man for the girls, but I question his service record, because I tend to question EVERYONES service record. Its so easy to be a cook in kitchen for 2 years and claim to be SF for 20...

Stolen bravado has me on guard for anyone claiming to have service and training they cant backup with documents (This is why you never see me make claims outside of any documents I have!)

So, this leaves us with Ray. Its been said that Ray is the only one that can go into the bush for a week and come out with gained weight! HA HA! I thought it was humorous. Anywho, Ray doesnt put on a fake front and is down to earth. Ive not YET seen him (AFAIK) claim to survive for a week with a pocket knife and 6" of duct tape, he doesnt seam to make outlandish claims, or scenarios. He seams to put together a wholesome and simple show giving factual information. Rays show is a bit dry, you wont miss any pulse racing action when you go grab another beer, but for a tired old grunt like me, hes going my speed so Im good with all that.

One thing that trips my trigger are the dolts that actually encourage you to drink your own pee to survive.. For me, everything they said before and after that statement has just been greatly diminished.

EB

Seems that the only thing we all agree on...Ruth is HOT...or was 2 years ago.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Pretty women who are willing to get their hands dirty are all hot. I love my wife will do traditional "guy stuff" we laugh a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter2 View Post
    I'm taking Grylls, why? Because his military training should have thought him to get home at any cost.
    I'm taking Ray because wherever you are might as well be home. He's the real deal. Also Less, speaking of whom... They are filming Survivorman again starting this fall. I like the fact that he does it solo. Of course people will say that it's easy if you have a sat-phone, and people who will come pick you up. But I'm here to tell you that solo is never easy for me, so I give him props for that.

...and he's seen BigFoot...LOL

Solo with backup is smart. He is demonstrating not stuck by circumstance. If I was making a show to teach don't think for a minute I wouldn't load the deck so if things go south no one dies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life.

Did someone mention Ruth?
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ruth...w=1024&bih=489

My small contribution to the thread...
    EB

Whoooo wwweeeeeee.....I made sure the wife is not behind me when I viewed this pic...hahahahahaha....I have already saved US$4k....need to save another 4k to make my trip to USA again......
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Thats a plan my friend! Keep us informed on your progress.

EB

Yep...I think US$8k would suffice as I can sleep almost anywhere....don't need them fancy hotels...even a barn will do...now, the next thing is where to go..I wanna do some hiking, camping, kayak (no crocs and gators of course).....and maybe ...taste some moonshine.

Plan your trip around one of our Jamboree's (we've been having them in October).
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Seems that the only thing we all agree on...Ruth is HOT...or was 2 years ago.....
    Just remember, no matter how good looking a woman is, somebody, somewhere it tired of her crap !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    Just remember, no matter how good looking a woman is, somebody, somewhere it tired of her crap !
    Yeah...heh, heh, heh.....You maybe correct......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Yeah...heh, heh, heh.....You maybe correct......
    Buddy, you know I am ! LOL
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post

EB
    I work with a young lady that looks like her !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Crashdive, I am planning for the 2015 jamboree...so that I have more than enough money ...I wouldn't wanna be working for food and lodging when I visit there. The main issue is the currency exchange, that is why I need to save more..your $1 is equivalent to 3 of mine. or 3.2 ...so I need to save more. Hate taking out my present savings..

No need to worry about food - at least during the Jamboree. We manage to bring enough food for the 10 other people that we hoped would come.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Joker1970 dont think grylls is to funny

i dont think ive ever seen this mears guy survival show at all,but he gots
    to be better than Bear Grylls!!!! In my opinion Mr. Grylls shows people how to survive in situations that most people will never even come close to being in...... He wants to think hes the goto guy on how to survive in the wild,well then come to my woods,and show me how to build a shelter to keep u warm,dry and safe from scavengers and predators(animals) that most normal people have a chance of seeing,or situations regular people might find themselves in.........for instance maybe he can do a show where he visits a off the grid community camp,show them how to procure water,food,shelter clothing and medicinal plants of that region,maybe teach them how to make and store electricity for lights and radio power for emergencys or how to treat minor illness or injury in the wildl(for normal people)show them how to treat these kinds of things to keep them from becoming serious illnesses or injuries.........thats just a little of what i can say on this subject,i could think of about a million other things he could show on his series that us "NORMAL" survivalist/off the grid community officials/doomsday preppers culd actually use............ill bet if he had to he couldnt catch a catfish even if he were made of stink bait & chicken liver and was fishin wiith a throw net in a fish hatchery......lol
    Last edited by Joker1970; 08-29-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: mis spellings

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post

EB
    Good link but you posted the only photo out of 4,000 where she has clothes on!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?